• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
sakurai's big on souls in general

i don't think a souls rep would be first in running for a namco character, but if they wanted to go more 'unexpected' (like Joker) than tales of, throwing in solaire or gwyn out of nowhere would work wonders
Would rather have a Tekken character myself for Namco. Though given how big Soulsborne is, maybe that'll garner more attention.

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
sakurai's big on souls in general

i don't think a souls rep would be first in running for a namco character, but if they wanted to go more 'unexpected' (like Joker) than tales of, throwing in solaire or gwyn out of nowhere would work wonders
I think a Souls character would be a bigger reveal than a Tales of character, but maybe that's just me.

D

Deleted member

In other April fool news

Kirby is a square now. https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP
In the meanwhile someone got round.
View attachment 203169
So I made this and would like some constructive critisism before I make it my signature
Nice choice of characters, would suggest you to change a few for renders like Lora and Wonder Red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think a Souls character would be a bigger reveal than a Tales of character, but maybe that's just me.
tales or tekken are sort of the default assumptions for a second namco rep, given that they already have mii costumes in smash 4 so the consideration is there

but man can you just ****ing imagine

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
tales or tekken are sort of the default assumptions for a second namco rep, given that they already have mii costumes in smash 4 so the consideration is there

but man can you just ****ing imagine
Honestly I kind of prefer Valkyrie, and Mappy. They both look fun to play.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tekken is the bigger franchise by far.

Tales is the one with Nintendo fan appeal.

It's a doozy.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Look, I think a character from Tales would be.... honestly I'm indifferent. If I REALLY had to pick a second Bamco character it would probably be a Dark Souls character (an audience that definitely doesn't majorly overlap with Smash). It's just frustrating trying to predict because we really don't have enough data.
I can understand that, but if you don't believe "don't have enough data," then how can you make conclusions like "If Namco chooses it'll be Heihachi, if Nintendo chooses it'll be Lloyd?"

Personally I think the data is there, and it's just a matter of looking outside of our Smash Bubble to find it (hence my belief in certain characters), but that's just me.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
What would people's reaction be if a Dark Souls rep is added to represent Namco instead of a Tales or Tekken rep?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Split the difference and put in Agumon.
Graizen is that you?

I feel like a solid middle ground between Tales of and Tekken would easily be KOS-MOS. She seems to be Namco's go-to girl when it comes to crossovers, so I could see her being added.

Something like
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo
  • KOS-MOS
  • Leon Kennedy
Could sell as a whole very well. I just think Lloyd would fit better as a whole.
What would people's reaction be if a Dark Souls rep is added to represent Namco instead of a Tales or Tekken rep?
Hype.

I could finally say that Smash Bros. is the Dark Souls of fighting games.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just checked out the place I’m gonna be moving to tomorrow.

On the downside it’s a little small. It’ll be even smaller once we get all our stuff in there.

On the upside I don’t immediately have emotionally draining flashbacks to extremely traumatic events like I do with my current home, so yeah that’s a plus.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Anyone is here.png

I can't seem to find better renders for Zero and Sylux. Anyone willing to lend me a hand?

D

Deleted member

Anyways, you know what would be cool? If my parents loved me but also if we got a Civilization stage in Smash. Civilization is undeniably one of the biggest gaming franchises ever, and while we obviously probably wouldn't get Gandhi in Smash, I think a stage would be cool. You could fight on one of the tiles while in the background a civ develops over time, changing the stage hazards for each era. Not gonna happen but it would be cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Graizen is that you?

I feel like a solid middle ground between Tales of and Tekken would easily be KOS-MOS. She seems to be Namco's go-to girl when it comes to crossovers, so I could see her being added.

Something like
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo
  • KOS-MOS
  • Leon Kennedy
Could sell as a whole very well. I just think Lloyd would fit better as a whole.
I like how we’re actually considering Banjo.

I’m down with both Banjo and Steve, but the Banjo bros deserve a break.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That is most definitely Joker's render
LMAO

Graizen is that you?

Something like
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Banjo
  • KOS-MOS
  • Leon Kennedy

Hype.

I could finally say that Smash Bros. is the Dark Souls of fighting games.
KOS-MOS? I shleep

Also why you been so set on Leon lately king?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Considering that Nintendo wants to market 3rd party games and develop relations with them for the Switch and their future consoles, I'd say Tekken is out unless they have a game on the Switch. Compare that to Tales which got a port of Vepseria and more Tales games are being planned to be ported, as well the 17th mothership title which is likely to be on the Switch(didn't the initial 3rd party support line up when the official reveal of the Switch happened have Tales on it?)

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
And Soulcalibur is out of the running apparently?
Ah, I forgot about that.

Though, I am kinda surprised that Namco still hasn't put a Dark Souls guest fighter in SoulCalibur, given they own both IPs and the former would likely be well-integrated into the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom