• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Banjo is getting in over steve because in real life a bear would maul a guy with a pickaxe change my mind

KMDP

Smash Legend
Damn all of this Namco talk got me nostalgic about Digimon again. I remember loving how over-the-top the evolutions were.

Like what the **** is all of this?

So yeah. I added Wargreymon (one of Agumon's digivolutions) because I don't want Agumon if they don't take advantage of his stronger forms.
That's actually one of the simplest Digimon evolution trees, though it
a) implies that Imperialdramon DM evolves from Dinobeemon and Imperialdramon FM evolves from Paildramon, which isn't how it works (Imperialdramon DM evolves into Imperialdramon FM, Dinobeemon evolves into GranKuwagamon, something completely different).
b) doesn't include all of Wormmon's Armor Evolutions.
c) doesn't include the best Stingmon evolution, BanchoStingmon.

This guy.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo has paid attention to a specific audience-the United Kingdom-for a Smash inclusion before. If you recall, Bayo was #1 in the UK.
They don't need to be popular everywhere to get in.

I thought Bayo was #1 in the UK?

EDIT: I'm mega dummy, I thought you typed Banjo, not Bayo.

Oof

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nintendo has paid attention to a specific audience-the United Kingdom-for a Smash inclusion before. If you recall, Bayo was #1 in the UK.
They don't need to be popular everywhere to get in.
>UK = Europe
>Brexit flashbacks

Yeah, sure, she "won". :bobomb: Not the best example when we know how that ballot went. A better example would've been Ridley.

But you have to admit it helps.

D

Deleted member

That's actually one of the simplest Digimon evolution trees, though it
a) implies that Imperialdramon DM evolves from Dinobeemon and Imperialdramon FM evolves from Paildramon, which isn't how it works (Imperialdramon DM evolves into Imperialdramon FM, Dinobeemon evolves into GranKuwagamon, something completely different).
b) doesn't include all of Wormmon's Armor Evolutions.
c) doesn't include the best Stingmon evolution, BanchoStingmon.

This guy.
All of this complexity in evolution is definitely the best way to explain what the **** Digimon is to other people. XD

(Great design, though. God I love how some of them look.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
worldwide, or for american adults on the internet?
Him being a pick for "American adults on the internet" could be a point in his favor though, considering that's practically the core fanbase of Smash Bros.

Nintendo wants to engage new and existing players, and Banjo would be a great way of engaging the latter.

D

Deleted member

Love this popularity talk when we only have crappy online polls to go by. And if we take Sakurai comments into consideration, a lot of the online polls are quite off.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I thought Bayo was #1 in the UK?
That is what I said yes

>UK = Europe
>Brexit flashbacks

Yeah, sure, she "won". :bobomb: Not the best example when we know how that ballot went. A better example would've been Ridley.

But you have to admit it helps.
I mean, it's not exactly proven the Ballot was rigged. But that's an entirely different discussion. My point stands.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow Sakurai will announce Saber was cut from the DLC plan due to her commiting tax fraud.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Jack and Jill went up a hill to make Nintendo an offer.
Jack was fash and got in Smash and Jill was announced thereafter.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Love this popularity talk when we only have crappy online polls to go by. And if we take Sakurai comments into consideration, a lot of the online polls are quite off.
I agree. It's almost like I wrote about this or something...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have no idea what my April Fools avatar should be.

Like I had an idea a month ago but now I don't like it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's already April 1st in my country, so I can do April Fools jokes already!

I don't understand why people ask for a Kirby newcomer. Kirby is so boring, they should add a Wii News Channel newcomer instead (that cat).

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yes, but are there not ways to appeal to both simultaneously in one fell swoop? :195:
Yeah. Characters like Lloyd Irving.

Steve is a character that mainly draws in a new demographic, being younger children more exposed to casual games than anything else. He appeals very little to the core demographic that already plays Smash Ultimate, hence why he's so polarizing in communities such as this.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So

How ya doin?

What ya doin?

Who ya doin?
I'm doing alright so far, you?

Scrolling through my recommendations on YouTube and immediately clicking on a video called, "**** ya Chicken Strips!"

You just had to ruin my day.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I’m actually sad that the Kill La Kill game will be unpopular no matter how great of a game it will be simply because it’s an Arena fighter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah. Characters like Lloyd Irving.

Steve is a character that mainly draws in a new demographic, being younger children more exposed to casual games than anything else. He appeals very little to the core demographic that already plays Smash Ultimate, hence why he's so polarizing in communities such as this.
nah steve is dropped from this convo, im just not into banjo being raised to the upmost pedestal like he was once shunned and forgotten about when thats the complete opposite. he never shrunk nor grew until this point. he's just remained where he was like everyone else.

microsoft partnering with nintendo affects everyone, not just bear and bird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom