• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
but it is a microsoft game
This is exhausting. Yes, it is obviously a Microsoft game, but you're completely ignoring the rest of what I said.
"Minecraft crossplay" is nowhere near "Rare game on Nintendo consoles for the first time in over a decade alongside the Game Pass, meaning hundreds of Microsoft games will be coming to Switch".

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't be so quick to put all my eggs in the banjo basket anyways, ultimately it's one guy's source against another guy's source, not exactly much to go of off.
I would impart that onto them. I'm speaking in generalities of course, but it wouldn't be the first time biases clouded rationality.

D

Deleted member

It's pretty decent. The fundamental gameplay is solid and there are a number of much-needed quality of life changes (e.g. optional tutorials, fast-forwarding through cutscenes). Where the game slightly falls flat is it kind of feels like it lacks character, especially after OC-heavy games like Superstar Saga and Dream Team. The story is minimal, the enemies and bosses are all Mario enemies you've seen before, the locations are very standard and if you were hoping for more of a substantial crossover with Paper Mario, then you'll probably be disappointed: you get paper versions of the main cast and various enemies but not any of the series original characters.

I'd still ultimately recommend it, but it depends on what things you value in a Mario and Luigi game: if you're looking for that good old fashioned M&L gameplay, you'll be fine. If you're looking for bucketloads of charm and originality, best look elsewhere.
If that's the case, I'll probably still enjoy it. I love the M&L games for their characters and charm of course, but the gameplay is always the most important thing to me for any video game. If the core M&L gameplay is still solid, then I'm all good. Thanks for the info. :)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is exhausting. Yes, it is obviously a Microsoft game, but you're completely ignoring the rest of what I said.
"Minecraft crossplay" is nowhere near "Rare game on Nintendo consoles for the first time in over a decade alongside the Game Pass, meaning hundreds of Microsoft games will be coming to Switch".
The concept of something like Halo coming to Switch is more "groundbreaking" than Banjo Kazooie coming back. That also means games like Killer Instinct and the new Battletoads will be coming as well. Even Conker. There are more Rare properties than just Banjo, and the first two are just as up-there in their hay days as Banjo once was. For me, this is like if an AU we never got Cloud, but FFVII coming to the Switch all of a sudden made him all but confirmed because some mystery internet leaker and his unknown sources said so.

I don't expect either/or but if you guys get disappointed please come crying back to me so I can have the last laugh. :240:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Realizing how much I say, "Okay there was nothing I could do about that" in Dark Souls only to turn around the next time and do something about it...

D

Deleted member

Damn all of this Namco talk got me nostalgic about Digimon again. I remember loving how over-the-top the evolutions were.

Like what the **** is all of this?

I added Wargreymon (one of Agumon's digivolutions) because I don't want Agumon if they don't take advantage of his stronger forms. Tune in next time to see who I add next to my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The concept of something like Halo coming to Switch is more "groundbreaking" than Banjo Kazooie coming back. That also means games like Killer Instinct and the new Battletoads will be coming as well. Even Conker. There are more Rare properties than just Banjo, and the first two are just as up-there in their hay days as Banjo once was. For me, this is like if an AU we never got Cloud, but FFVII coming to the Switch all of a sudden made him all but confirmed because some mystery internet leaker and his unknown sources said so.

I don't expect either/or but if you guys get disappointed please come crying back to me so I can have the last laugh. :240:
There are more Rare properties then this, yes, but B&K is indisputably one of the most requested Smash characters. Joker was requested as well. Fan requests are still factored in.

But go off.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Damn all of this Namco talk got me nostalgic about Digimon again. I remember loving how over-the-top the evolutions were.

Like what the **** is all of this?

I added Wargreymon (one of Agumon's digivolutions) because I don't want Agumon if they don't take advantage of his stronger forms. Tune in next time to see who I add next to my signature.
Imperialdramon FM is my favourite radio station.

D

Deleted member

If that's the case, I'll probably still enjoy it. I love the M&L games for their characters and charm of course, but the gameplay is always the most important thing to me for any video game. If the core M&L gameplay is still solid, then I'm all good. Thanks for the info. :)
Also even though it's only mainline characters, Paper Jam still manages to do a lot with them. The writing is still top-notch, the characters interactions are pretty solid, and it's the first game the Koopalings have ever had a speaking role since their creation.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Also even though it's only mainline characters, Paper Jam still manages to do a lot with them. The writing is still top-notch, the characters interactions are pretty solid, and it's the first game the Koopalings have ever had a speaking role since their creation.
Oh no, Someones positive about paper Jam!
He's summoning hell upon us!
(Also didn't they speak in superstar saga OR am I remembering wrong?)

D

Deleted member

Oh no, Someones positive about paper Jam!
He's summoning hell upon us!
(Also didn't they speak in superstar saga OR am I remembering wrong?)
They spoke in the Superstar Saga remake, but not in the OG one.
Paper Jam isn't the best Mario & Luigi game but it's still solid for what it had to work with, especially when compared to what happened with Sticker Star.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall seriously can't say Ridley and K Rool are known worldwide and then turn around and say Banjo Kazooie is purely a niche character, smh.

D

Deleted member

Imperialdramon FM is my favourite radio station.
Oh my god. XD.

They stop giving a **** about how well these names end up sounding after a while. Cool designs but hokey as **** names. Check out Apocalymon and Armageddemon respectively. Yes, all of them have -mon at the end of their names.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Yall seriously can't say Ridley and K Rool are known worldwide and then turn around and say Banjo Kazooie is purely a niche character, smh.
Main villains of beloved currently active franchises VS main protag of a Dead game that was immensly popular in Its prime 20 years ago.

I mean, I can see why they're in different categories

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Mario is Missing, the absolute masterpiece it is, gave the Koopalings speaking roles first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom