• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>be me
>make post asking question
>look in thread
>find answer to question
>people saw the original post
>feelsbad.jpg

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Look at it this way.

Its honestly better for them to end especially on a good note otherwise if they continue get dragged on they eventually drop in quality. Look what happened with Spongebob, Simpsons and Family Guy.

Which is why I was happy my favorite cartoon this decade Regular Show ended on a high note or any of the 90's cartoons ended where they were.

That way too these shows will be remembered for the good quality they were rather then the empty husks other shows that continues to drag on are seen as.
Oh, I'd definitely prefer they end on a high note when the time is best for it. It's just always bittersweet when a show that's been apart of your life for years that you've come to love so much ends, knowing full well you likely won't be seeing the characters, their world(s) or their adventures again any time soon, if ever. Yeah, there's repeats and DVDs and the like, but I'm talking about new adventures. More interaction with the characters. More world building. More stories that entice and intrigue. And sometimes simply more humor and imaginative ideas to entertain. Once the show's over, that's usually it. You won't get to see more of any of that from this fictional world that you've taken so much interest in.

On one hand, it's nice to see them ending on a high note, because, yeah, a lot of shows like the Simpsons and Fairly Odd Parents went on for eons and have lost what made them special along the way. Making matters worse is that they also never really recovered. Spongebob, at least, is doing better in it's most recent seasons. That can't be said for many other shows. It's even harder to find shows that largely retained their quality and soul throughout their entire runs, only finding occasional problems along the way. Those are especially rare shows.

MLP's got a controversial fanbase and all, but what fanbase doesn't have it's toxic sides anymore? Cast those aside, and consider what the show itself has achieved; the show's ending on it's ninth season this year. For a cartoon originally aimed at young girls and families that taught the morals of friendship formerly on a very formulaic episode structure, it sure as hell covered a lot of ground all these years, with an unexpected and massive following still watching it to the end. I don't know of any other show with such a huge following that has lasted roughly as long except for Adventure Time. Granted, both of these shows did have some bumps in the road along the way, but in my opinion, they've overall been pretty darn great from start to finish. There's a reason why MLP has lasted for so long ,and there's a reason why Adventure Time was CN's flagship show for so many years. Regular Show lasted a long time, too. That one was also great, ending included, I agree.

Meanwhile, Star vs. is ending on it's fourth season. For a Disney channel cartoon, that's quite impressive. Others like Wander Over Yonder, Randy Cunningham, and Penn Zero all got the shaft by their second seasons and were aired sporadically as the networks started treating them poorly for whatever reasons. The only reason Gravity Falls ended on season 2 was because the creator wanted it to. Star on the other hand has managed to both go a long way, retained it's quality through and through, and will be ending when creator desired it to. All things considered, the creator has made quite the achievement with it. I'm gonna miss it a lot, but I'm grateful such a fun and thought-provoking show has been able to both get a long run and still retain the magic that made it enjoyable from it's early days. It's a very fortunate show.

Late reply, I know, but I had more to say...and I didn't have the free time to type out and post this earlier lol. Yeah, I'll miss these shows a great deal, but as time goes on, everything that begins has to end at some point. It's always bittersweet, but it's rarely bitter enough that you even slightly regret being apart of the journey.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
The AMA thread is a pretty fun idea! At this point I’m a “literally who” because of how little I actually post, so I’ll hold off on entering for now. I’ll try to get some good questions going though!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN BE HIM TOOOO!!!!!
IN FACT WE ALL CAN B---

Jesus who the hell actually thinks this **** is funny?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*Gets a chance at AMA*

*95% of the questions are Yoshi related*

:ohwell:
Zinith I promise you that none of my questions will be related to Yoshi. Absolutely none of them.

Screenshot this so y'all can see I'm a man of my word.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd do an AMA, but for as much as I've shared about myself before, there's also a load of information I consider very personal and wouldn't be comfortable nor willing to share if a given question required it to be answered.

I guess there's nothing stopping me from just abstaining from a given question, but still...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
*Gets a chance at AMA*

Hard to question you about anythin' else when 95% of yer posts mention "your boi", and the other 5% mention Sobble.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'd do an AMA, but for as much as I've shared about myself before, there's also a load of information I consider very personal and wouldn't be comfortable nor willing to share if a given question required it to be answered.

I guess there's nothing stopping me from just abstaining from a given question, but still...
For me I've probably shared too much on this site. If someone really wanted to they could likely piece together my identity based on my posts. At the very least someone who knows me in real life would be able to tell who I am.

At this point there's no harm in sharing more lol. I trust y'all pretty much, so I'll try to answer questions as honestly as possible.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
*Gets a chance at AMA*

Zinith I’m like 95% sure you’re actually a green dinosaur irl; to not ask you Yoshi questions would be like interviewing a baseball player and asking them about chess.

:p

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So when in April should we get our direct? Given its normally Wednesday's or Thursday's. These are my predictions.

April 3rd, April 4th, April 10th, April 11th (My birthday), April 17th, April 18th, April 24th or April 25th.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hard to question you about anythin' else when 95% of yer posts mention "your boi", and the other 5% mention Sobble.
At this point, Zinith is the quintessential Yoshiposter.

Unless he wakes up the next day and says the following:

"Alright guys, I have converted! I am no longer following Yoshism. I am now the Head of the church of Sobble. Hold out your hands as I drench them in my holy tears." - God Emperor Sobble

MainJPW

M.T.A
GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN BE HIM TOOOO!!!!!
IN FACT WE ALL CAN B---

Jesus who the hell actually thinks this **** is funny?
You mean you don’t find it funny when he goes on a long rant about anime swordsman when he sees someone wielding a toothpick? He’s literally said anything that doesn’t look like a butter knife counts as a sword.

Sometimes I wonder about him.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
At this point, Zinith is the quintessential Yoshiposter.

Unless he wakes up the next day and says the following:

"Alright guys, I have converted! I am no longer following Yoshism. I am now the Head of the church of Sobble. Hold out your hands as I drench them in my holy tears." - God Emperor Sobble
It'd be followed up by this:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Decided to start creating a Pokémon Smash Bros. roster, to start off each Gen gets 10 so far and Pikachu and Melmetal are also in but excluded from this, still a BIG worth in progress:

Gen I: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Mewtwo
Gen II: Scizor,
Gen III: Sceptile, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Deoxys,
Gen IV: Empoleon, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Croagunk, Abomasnow
Gen V: Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect,
Gen VI: Greninja, Braixen, Hawlucha,
Gen VII: Incineroar, Decidueye, Lycanroc, Bewear, Mimikyu, Marshadow, Zeraora, Tapu Koko,

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
So when in April should we get our direct? Given its normally Wednesday's or Thursday's. These are my predictions.

April 3rd, April 4th, April 10th, April 11th (My birthday), April 17th, April 18th, April 24th or April 25th.
If it's a Smash Direct, it may be the 9th. I've never played P5, so this may be wrong, but I remember hearing that the game starts on that day, and they may want that tie-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom