• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
While having some potentially decent rumors about a direct is something, every one and their grandma expects one in April. I am still thinking Smash Direct. I don't think Nintendo have anything concrete to show yet...but we'll see. Maybe they'll give people that taste they've been wanting.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>new Sakura Wars is PS4 only

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sony be like "lol look at our exclusives dont you feel like such a loser" while nintendo and xbox are doing bro things and now atlus did a whole "**** you" to them with joker

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
As for predictions, IF it is a smash direct as I think it will be:

Joker release, stage shown. Music or two heard as his montage plays outs.
Brave reveal and, potentially, release. They've been working on this character since November at the latest. I am thinking he or she is coming.
Mii costumes focusing on Persona and Brave's home series, then montage of a few more from both first and third party IPs. Expecting salt.
New mode, showcasing it. LIVE after Direct.
Sakurai says thanks, cracks a wise ass joke, then waves.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
It's that time again, boyos.

Of course this wouldn’t happen. Joker’s coming in April after all! :4pacman:

I’m more interested in the when than the will. And with these more realible rumors popping up usually means this April direct is going to surface soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Brave reveal and, potentially, release. They've been working on this character since November at the latest. I am thinking he or she is coming.
can i get some of what you're smoking

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I also did one of those Pokemon favorite things outta boredom, and I wanted to participate. I don't think I was honest with some of these, but here it it anyways, with explanations. Take note that my thoughts about some can change due to my memory. It's in spoilers due to long read btw.

-For Grass, I don't think about this type much, so Decidueye was there as it reminds me of Pit, for obvious reasons.
-For Fire, Braixen is for the magic bias. For those who know a bit about me, I strongly favor magic over like other cliche weapons, and Braixen fits the bill while adding cuteness to it. Delphox actually is close since it partially reminds me of the FOmar class in PSO with that "robe-looking" fur actually. Bonus points for cool shiny colors.
-For Water, I couldn't think of much on this one, but I remember getting Sapphire for Kyogre due to its looks. If I had to pick a non-legendary, it had to be Blastoise for reminding me of Bowser... if he was a water type.
-For Normal, let's just say the Pokemon anime lead me to Meowth. Seriously, he can talk and use drive gadgets and machines, and I often feel bad for him while Pikachu got a lot of things going for it. Consider me not a fan of Pika, and I strongly preferred Meowth, and I still do to this day. Honorable mention to Pay Day, so yay money! It also has Technician and Pickup, two abilities that I like.
-For Electric, I did try to take a look, and then Luxray came to mind. It's like a lion, and I am a born Leo, so there's that. Shinx actually was gonna be up there due to its cuteness, but at this point, I like the whole Shinx line.
-Psychic was a tough choice because I had to check other Pokemon types to see if there was something I liked. Psychic did not stand out besides Metagross and Gardevoir, but due to reasons, I put Metagross in.
-For Fighting, it had to be Gallade. Another Pokemon that reminds me of Pit, featuring those pair of blade arms he has. The mega's amazing too.
-For Rock, I don't really have much interest in Rock types, but Midday Lycanroc was part of my Sun team and was pretty useful. It's also interesting that it's a fast Rock type, too.
-For Ground, I don't think I had any favorites besides Mamoswine, but because I didn't have any Ice favorites besides Mamoswine... I felt I had to put a filler for it, so here's Vibrava since it reminds me of a dragonfly, which well, reminds me of two of my all-time favorite Pokemon, which also are dragonflies.
-For Flying, sure I could've put a few like Togekiss for angelics despite how annoying it is, or Altaria, but there was Scyther. Another that reminds me of Pit with those pair of blades. Scyther in general is cool anyways.
-For Bug, it was pretty close between Yanmega and Volcarona, but I've always liked Yanma, and Yanma becomes Yanmega, so there's that. Cool dragonfly that I've had uses for from time to time.
-For Poison, Drapion quickly came to mind, before and after checking out the other Pokemon of that type. It has nice defenses, and a massive movepool which includes Earthquake, the elemental fangs, various Dark and Poison moves, can set up Toxic Spikes. Breeding can give it Agility, Confuse Ray, Iron Tail, Aqua Tail, and more. Battle Armor and Sniper are also good abilities. Imagine if it had an amazing speed, Fun scorpion. Honorable mention to only having one type weakness: Ground.
-For Dark, no Pokemon stood out honestly. Incineroar kinda grew on me, so yea...
-For Ghost, I don't really have much interest in the type, but Pumpkaboo is cute and unique with the whole "Size stats" thing.
-For Ice, when I talked about not having a Pokemon that stands out for Ground, the same applies to Ice, but I couldn't find anything for Ice. So while Vibrava was the Ground type's placeholder, I just put Mamoswine for Ice as it reminds me of Monster Hunter's Gammoth, which I really like.
-For Steel, I could've put Metagross if I didn't include legendaries and if I found another Psychic type, but Solgaleo because well... Lion bias... as a Leo that is.
-For Dragon, I don't have interest in Dragon at all, so Altaria was lucky it was part Dragon. Its fluffy self feels angelic, too.
-For Fairy... Gardevoir wins no contest for me, especially since Metagross occupies Psychic. Ribombee is nice too though.

So here we are, I did this outta boredom, and I hope there's others who have similar Pokemon likes that I have. *feels nervous*

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Looks fantastic
Pretty much what I expected out of a current gen Sakura Wars game

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are we doing/did we do Q&A's?

Because I want in. I'll be focusing on an essay tonight, but try to I'll answer any questions y'all ask me during that time when I procrastinate.

AMA

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Looks fantastic
Pretty much what I expected out of a current gen Sakura Wars game
>skip forward to pass slow text scroll
>immediately see big anime honkers

thanks based sega

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
A yes, a new Direct. Can’t wait to be let down once again by a lack of Animal Crossing. :ultisabelle:

Seriously though I really hope we get to see some Joker footage soon. Even if he doesn’t release until after the 24th or whatever, I just want a render, some gameplay, something to be excited about. I’m not even a Persona fan, I just wanna see a new Smash character alreadyyyyyy

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
can i get some of what you're smoking
It's happened before. It's been four months post release soon and none of the five fighters are in the game yet. The game files from November have the code name Brave in it.

And if Brave is Erdrick, then his name has been floating around for a very long time now.

Potentially being released is possible. Do I think it will happen? Eh, 75/25 on no's side.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Because I want in. I'll be focusing on an essay tonight, but try to I'll answer any questions y'all ask me during that time when I procrastinate.

AMA
I'm still curious what kind questions this thing is. and is it a game? Not that i want to be in it, but i might look to see what happens

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Mumbo Jumbo
3. Gruntilda
4. Conker
5. Joanna Dark
6. Rash
7. Master Chief
8. The Arbiter
9. Marcus Fenix
10. Cuphead (Mugman as an alternate costume)
11. Ori and Sein (do they count?)
12. Fulgore
13. a car from Forza, like Hornet from Fighters Megamix
14. Steve?
15. Blinx the Time Sweeper
Ori very much counts.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

AMA
You gotta sign up and wait your turn.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

AMA
I'm still curious what kind questions this thing is. and is it a game? Not that i want to be in it, but i might look to see what happens
It is this: https://smashboards.com/threads/ama-friday-series-feat-toasterbrains.481127/

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is one AU crossover I'd love to see.

My Hero Academia/One Punch Man AU where Tatsumaki is Deku's anti-social (Except towards him) but very loving and overprotective big sister who emotionally and lovingly smothers him. Bakugou never bullied Deku in fear of facing his big sisters wrath whom he's tremendously afraid of after an traumatic experience with her the first time he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom