• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
My cousin back home in Ohio was genuinely perplexed by me picking Lucina, then Zelda, then the female alt for Robin when we played Smash 4 together for the first time. It, like, disturbed him that I was playing female characters. And he asked if I was gay.

I didn't expect Smash Bros. to spawn a much-needed conversation about gender equality and unfair expectations with my extended family.

Also Videl is the ****ing best I'm so excited.
Bruh, you're cousin is so wrong. I've played with a lot of hetero guys that play female characters. I wonder if he plays any MMOs because a majority of female characters on there are played by hetero men.

D

Deleted member

This thread is actually wild.
Also, I really like it that FighterZ, Smash Ultimate, Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are taking all of the spotlight.
yeetus wandus outus handus - 90% of attacks harry used
✡♏♏︎⧫︎◆︎⬧︎ ⬥︎♋︎■︎♎︎◆︎⬧︎ □︎◆︎⧫︎◆︎⬧︎ ♒♋︎■︎♎︎◆︎⬧︎ ︎ ︎︎︎︎ □︎♐♋︎⧫︎⧫︎♋♍︎⬧︎ ♒♋︎❒︎❒︎⍓︎ ◆︎⬧︎♏♎

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, you didn't at all. It's been a social media/games reporter thing since they first rebooted Tomb Raider.

Tomb Raider and Uncharted are like the same goddamn game but Tomb Raider gets controversy. This is why the concept of
is kind of rare.
it kinda helps when people dont assume Im saying "I want to see a woman get assulted and abused" pf

Yeah, the stuff in tomb raider was a bit too wild, cant deny that

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
sometimes it takes something small to realize how ignorant some people can be
Oh, I'm fully aware of just how ignorant my family back home is. It just extended even further than I thought. He legitimately never played female characters because he wasn't female. Those characters were made for girls to play. And that's why there were more male characters in videogames. Because only guys really like videogames.

Through the week while we were in town, my brother and I just talked with him and tried to expand his perspective on a whole host of topics, and it ended with me buying him a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening and asking him to play it to understand why I'd want to play as Lucina. He did, and now Fire Emblem is one of his favorite series and he's no longer weird about playing as girls. He's still fairly closed-minded and makes too many gay jokes for my liking, but he's grown a lot since then. And a lot more than he would have if we hadn't initiated the conversation.

As someone who grew up in a 95% white, isolated, Bible Belt town, I realize that I would've been the same way if people hadn't helped me relearn the world. Ignorance isn't always bad. Persistent, willful ignorance is bad.

D

Deleted member

when i came out as bi to my sis she was like "huh so that's why you play a lot of girl characters like female inklings in splatoon i did the same where i would always play as guys" and i was like nah i just think they have cuter hair/appearances in general lmao
I am bi too. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Ugh, I slept waaaaaay too hard last night. What's goin-

*sees political talk*

...*Pours and sips from cup of coffee* ****.

?????????????

Smash Master
My cousin back home in Ohio was genuinely perplexed by me picking Lucina, then Zelda, then the female alt for Robin when we played Smash 4 together for the first time. It, like, disturbed him that I was playing female characters. And he asked if I was gay.

I didn't expect Smash Bros. to spawn a much-needed conversation about gender equality and unfair expectations with my extended family.

Also Videl is the ****ing best I'm so excited.
My dad used to say...

“If I’m going to spend the entire game looking at a character’s ass, it might as well be a woman’s.”

KMDP

Smash Legend
"women getting hit a lot too is really equal"
Really substantial commentary there, mate.
Well...

If a Woman is a Martial Artist, a Male Martial Artist holding back against them just because they're a woman is incredibly insulting.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm so glad I grew up with the internet. It's exposed me to so many viewpoints and experiences I wouldn't of known about otherwise because of my sheltered life. I didn't know what Asexual meant in 2015!

It's also showed me a whole bunch of weirdos, so I know what not to do in life.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

This scene... this GODDAM SCENE.

They nerfed a cool and nice character like Susan Storm... just to make a PATHETIC AND UNFUNNY SEXUAL JOKE.

If the writers really cared when writing the movie, they would have known that Susan Storm could just easily turn the clothes invisible too... but nooooo... they had to make Susan a joke.
Ah the good days of my young innocent self being attracted to that scene (then the 2nd movie happened and I enjoyed that more...memories)
Mfw everyone is playing together, and I don't own a Switch yet
borrow one...worked for Mr.Krabs

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's so hard being straight, man.

We should advocate for straight rights.
I found us the perfect t-shirt to sell.

All proceeds go to us straight guys getting laaaaaaaaaaaaid bro.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ugh, I slept waaaaaay too hard last night. What's goin-

*sees political talk*

...*Pours and sips from cup of coffee* ****.
I really don't feel like "men and women are equal as human beings" is all that political of a statement though.

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I was gonna give some basic shading to the Warlestio drawing, but now I'm thinking about leaving him solid color. He actually looks really close to the Wario Ware Gold artstyle that way, which I kind of like.

Example of Wario Ware Gold's style:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
despite popular belief, being bi is not twice the options.

it's all women and terry crews. thats it.
Terry Crews doesn't count.

I'd **** Terry Crews.

D

Deleted member

I really don't feel like "men and women are equal as human beings" is all that political of a statement though.
It's not. But with that statement comes the ideas. Also, you'd be surprised at how many people would say otherwise, on the left AND the right.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Okay though here's a hot bucket of shade I'm throwing on all of ya'll ( except a few you know who you are.)

-Talks of sexual preferences= A O.K.

-Shows a the starting stages of a Tiny Kong Model with a large rump

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So. It’s bean 7 years sense PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and we’ve had 3 successful Smash games not made by Nintendo. Brawlhalla, Rivals of Aether, and Brawlout. Aside from a few guests, these games have mostly original rosters. (Which in my eyes proves that we can put up with a so-so roster if the gameplay is really good). So, how do these games succeed where All-Stars failed? How to they differentiate themselves so they don’t feel like exact copies, yet still retain “fun gameplay” (I still think All-Stars was fun but that’s neither here nor there). Basically, What can All-Stars learn from these other titles for a potential sequel?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
despite popular belief, being bi is not twice the options.

it's all women and terry crews. thats it.
See that's the funniest **** as I have high standards for men I'd even consider dating to the point where if they're hot I'd go "Oooh I hope you're a decent person" but whenever I see cute girls, which is almost every girl, my mind goes blank and all I can think is "GIRL HOT GIRL GOT GIRL HOT"

D

Deleted member

If you have this on Netflix, at least watch three episodes.
23623626326326363.PNG

I do not care what you say, it is a very interesting and fun watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom