• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
btw Atlus and Sega have gotten extremely close

Atlus has moved into Sega Japan's main tower recently
They are closer to sega than any other subsidiary they own.

A Sega IP worked on by Atlus is very likley in the future

Shroob

Sup?
I'm boring.

My favorite Pokemon's Garchomp because it's strong as hell, and I love the shark aesthetic, Sharpedo doesn't do anything for me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’d say Board the Platforms should return as it was a pretty good way to test your characters’ skills though creating individual challenges for all the fighters would be a huge undertaking.

Before we go off that subject for now I gotta ask you guys, what elements do you guys think would make a good Paper Mario game?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Before we go off that subject for now I gotta ask you guys, what elements do you guys think would make a good Paper Mario game?
Partners, the same charm the characters had in 64 and especially in TTYD, enough absurdity to keep people interested, the unique battle mechanics, etc

I’ve always wanted to try to make a game inspired by Paper Mario’s battle mechanics because I tend to grow tired of Mash-A JRPGs

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What's your favorite Pokemon?
Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff was my introduction to Pokemon, as it was bassically the first Pokemon I knew that wasn't Pikachu, and it was my very first Pokemon card, and my very first shiny. Jigglypuff was first Pokemon in any form of Pokemon media, as well.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
With all the different personalities here, we should have AMA day(s). Like, Fridays or Saturdays can be "AMA Saturday feat. ________".

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With all the different personalities here, we should have AMA day(s). Like, Fridays or Saturdays can be "AMA Saturday feat. ________".
Sounds like a spiritual successor of the DR Interview series. Nice

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That would be great tbh. It would be interesting to get to know all those interested- and I’m sure there are people like me who enjoy answering questions for one reason or another

D

Deleted member

Heya. I don’t know what to say, but just wanted to let you all know I exist.

(Was that good?)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I’d say Board the Platforms should return as it was a pretty good way to test your characters’ skills though creating individual challenges for all the fighters would be a huge undertaking.

Just to TTYD2 with a different story, setting and characters

In all seriousness, I'd say its the following
- An appealing aesthetic which acknowledges the papery aspect, but not to the same lengths as Sticker Star or Color Splash did. I'd rather it be just an artsytle, rather than full on arts and crafts like later games were
- A villain who preferably isn't Bowser. No offence to fans of PM64, but I think the Mario RPGs should be the chance for other villains to shine. Bowser can keep the title of villain of the main titles
- Locations and scenarios that are more interesting than 'grassy hills' or 'desert land'. I mean really cool stuff like a wrestling arena in the sky, onboard a fancy train or inside a toy box. Also I like it if the locales have a bit more of an 'edge' to them. Toad Town was fine, but a crime ridden hellhole built on top of the ruins of an ancient civilization takes the cake.
- Go wild with the different Mario species. Especially not just toads, toads and more toads
- A battle system like in the first two games; one that doesn't feel overly simplistic (SPM) or redundant (Sticker Star)
- Keep the series fairly close to its RPG roots: the problem with the later games is they try and be some kind of weird hybrid or add in gimmicks which actively make the game worse
- Funny writing

That's all I can think of for now. I feel fairly strongly about how it could improve and what makes the games good as TTYD is my second favourite game of all time. Still, I think the hate directed at Miyamoto by some fans is over the top.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom