• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Imagine your most wanted being a hugely requested character, and then suddenly becoming one that everybody hates and nobody wants to play against.

*Dies in Woomy*
Eh I don't mind Inklings as a lot of them think roller wins if they use 500 times in a row.

Hate that usmash then again I can't really complain looking at my main about that. That Up B's lingering hit box thooo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean yeah, but it's pretty damn funny that they mashed up songs from what are widley considered to be the absolute best and absolute worst games in the series.
sticker star > color splash IMO fight me

D

Deleted member

gonna drop some hot tea

i can understand wanting stage builder back, but why the **** do people want home-run contest back? it's five minutes of enjoyment and then you never play it again. that's not worth an update.

same goes for break the targets, it's a lot of content that you will never play again once you finish everything

the only thing that i remotely understand is stage builder, because at least it's a multiplayer function that can work even in some online
I always agreed with this, Stage Builder I get but I've never really had fun with Home Run Contest and the only times I played it were when I needed to in order to complete Challenges.

Stage Builder is at least something you can play on and have fun with, Home Run Contest is sort of boring in my opinion.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
t feels immoral, but I need to have some kind of “favorites” system for this to answer, so uh...

My third favorite poster, no joke, is probably...

Cyn Cyn Cyn Cyn ?

She doesn’t come here often, and I’m probably starting to annoy her with all the tagging/asking about moderation and being an admin before, but it’s always nice to see her posts. Might have something to do with the whole queen of evil gag- if it’s not immediately obvious, I’m all in on the “I am big and powerful” type forum personas lol
Regardless of how she may or may not feel about me (and I say this because I’m the type of person who thinks I’m always being annoying), it’s nice to see their posts.

If we want to exclude admins or mods, my third favorite poster is [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/88/88444.jpg?1553815792[/IMG] staindgrey .
Awwww. Thanks Toaster. You definitely do not annoy me and I enjoy your posts as well. :) <3

D

Deleted member

gonna drop some hot tea

i can understand wanting stage builder back, but why the **** do people want home-run contest back? it's five minutes of enjoyment and then you never play it again. that's not worth an update.

same goes for break the targets, it's a lot of content that you will never play again once you finish everything

the only thing that i remotely understand is stage builder, because at least it's a multiplayer function that can work even in some online
Because the twitter and youtube montages are going to be hype.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Am I the only one who finds it ironic that the two Paper Mario games mashed up together in the "Paper Mario Medly" are Sticker Star and Thousand Year Door?
The thing that annoys me most about that Medley is you'll never hear the best bit (i.e. the Rogueport section) if you play on the omega/battlefield versions of the Paper Mario stage. And I don't have much desire to play on the normal version of that stage as the layout's pretty awkward.

The other two sections of the medley aren't even that memorable: the first is so-so and the third bit's just a mediocre take on the Airship theme

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I always agreed with this, Stage Builder I get but I've never really had fun with Home Run Contest and the only times I played it were when I needed to in order to complete Challenges.

Stage Builder is at least something you can play on and have fun with, Home Run Contest is sort of boring in my opinion.
exactly

you know what was also a mode that everyone loves and had multiplayer function?

1553899644301.jpeg

bring it back goddammit, there was so much potential locked away in handheld limitations

KMDP

Smash Legend
Glad it's mutual

It does continuity nods every once in a while but 90% of the time it has none.
Like, they literally change backstories on the fly and characters have inconsistent ages on flashbacks.
What?

It's those continuity nods that Shearer was referring to.

Not to mention that the Armin Tamzarian story flies in the face of the established backstory for Seymour Skinner (and is horribly Out-Of-Character for him).
I have Crafted World, and I brought my Switch to work with me just in case...

Also I should be on the news pretty soon tonight :yoshi:
Sorry, guys, We've lost Zinith for the next few days.
Goddammit

Who'd ya kill?
He was so excited for YCW he tore the shop clerks arms out of their sockets.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

exactly

View attachment 202532

bring it back goddammit, there was so much potential locked away in handheld limitations
The flashbacks are coming!

Real talk, Smash Run was amazing. We need it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

exactly

View attachment 202532

Yes!.gif

Yes freaking please Smash Run was my favorite mode from all of Smash 4 (Wii U & 3DS) I think it should definitely come back, Spruce it up a bit to fit better with Couch Co-op and all then it will be one of the Best Modes in Ultimate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry, guys, We've lost Zinith for the next few days.
Be prepared for me to disappear from October until a while after Sword & Shield is out.

New Pokemon games, especially new generations, are special experiences. I always isolate myself from the internet until i'm done.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
gonna drop some hot tea

I guess it's a case of: "why was it removed in the first place" - it's probably one of the easier modes to make as it only consists of one screen and a small platform

I agree that the mode itself is kind of poop though

I'd rather they focus their efforts on making Ultimate's All-Star mode not ****

D

Deleted member

maybe a another teaser but i doubt it

SMTV might get news though. MIGHT
a lot of the things SEGA has been doing recently makes me think they might resurrect a fan-favourite dead IP as a last "Surprise!" moment, like jet set radio or something. Maybe I'm just being hopeful idk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
gonna drop some hot tea

Home Run Contest is a fun diversion and a nice high score based mode.

Meanwhile Smash's stage builder has not only never been good, but it only got worse in Smash 4.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guys im from the future i got to take a picture of what Zinith Zinith looks like after binging that new yoshi game

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
My guesses for Sega FES

Very Likely(100%):
Shin Sakura Wars gameplay trailer reveal
Shin Sakura Wars coming to the west
Saturn Sega Ages ports
Shenmue 3 being published by Sega (in Japan)
Atlus does more crossover with Sega IPS
More Shin Yakuza Info

Maybe (50%):
Sakura Wars 1-4 getting translated and released to the west
Sega IP worked on by Atlus
more Phantasy Star in the future
more Jet Set Radio in the future
New SMTV info
New game announcement
New Super Monkey Ball

Not very likely(1%):
New sonic game news
Phantasy Star Online 2 western release
Border Break western release
Virtual On collection also getting released to the west

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Home Run Contest is a fun diversion and a nice high score based mode.

Meanwhile Smash's stage builder has not only never been good, but it only got worse in Smash 4.
so you're saying they shouldn't focus the time lost from bringing back home-run into improving stage builder

KMDP

Smash Legend
Be prepared for me to disappear from October until a while after Sword & Shield is out.

New Pokemon games, especially new generations, are special experiences. I always isolate myself from the internet until i'm done.
I don't really (deliberately) isolate myself from the Internet for games.

Sometimes I don't do things because I'm too busy playing the game, but that's only if it's really engaging.
guys im from the future i got to take a picture of what Zinith Zinith looks like after binging that new yoshi game

This but a Yoshi.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

"From October" - so I'm guessing you want to avoid seeing all the new Pokemon designs leak before the game releases right, but experience them first hand in the game? I wish I had that kind of patience tbh, but I just gotta peak

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just played Ganondorf for the first time, doing 3 matches. He's now my highest GSP character and in Elite Smash.

GSP, I both love and hate you.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
"From October" - so I'm guessing you want to avoid seeing all the new Pokemon designs leak before the game releases right, but experience them first hand in the game? I wish I had that kind of patience tbh, but I just gotta peak
I'll watch the trailers Gamefreak puts out, but i'm avoiding any datamines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom