• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now I have an additional reason for wanting my most wanted.
Because of the Kirby's Dream Land 2, 3 and Crystal Shards remixes it would bring to the game, especially if they are of this quality.
I could use remixes of later Kirby games like Returned to Dreamland or Robobot. A CROWNED remix is what would make me jump out of my seat. Kirby Rainbow Curse already did it, why not Smash?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Season 9 and 10 still delivered good episodes and I would argue that you could still find somewhat funny episodes a few seasons afterwards (the fake documentary episode was fantastic), although duds started to appear. Quality only started to take a nosedive a when pretty much the series became heavily focused on guest stars.
Yeah, Seasons 9 and 10 have some really good episodes.

The Principal and the Pauper is considered the episode where it all came crashing down.

All because the writer of the episode had no respect for the fans, even Harry Shearer (Skinner's VA, for people who don't recognise the name) thought it was a bad idea and voiced his concerns, but none of the people in charge listened.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K. Rool is really fun to play. Like damn.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Honestly sometimes I think we're all a sad bunch but then I remember there are people who still think ****ing Lycanroc or whatever have a solid chance and I think "Maybe I'm not that bad"
Tbh, if you go out of your way to try to shame light on a group of people who genuinely support a character they want, then it does make you seem more bad than the group your trying to shame on.

I generally don’t comment on stuff like this, but I’ve noticed that your dislike against Lycanroc whenever it’s bought up (or in this case not at all) has been seeping through more and more these past few months.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I could use remixes of later Kirby games like Returned to Dreamland or Robobot. A CROWNED remix is what would make me jump out of my seat. Kirby Rainbow Curse already did it, why not Smash?

There's a lot of good music in the Kirby franchise in general, luckily people at HAL are doing their best already and they made many cool remixes in the recent years. But it wouldn't be bad to get even more.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
how often in a day do you guys sing the freecreditreport dot com song to yourselves because it 5 pm and I'm already at 8 times
Never.

Because I've never heard that song.

I have been singing "Superpowers" by V6 (the most recent One Piece opening), though.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Tbh, if you go out of your way to try to shame light on a group of people who genuinely support a character they want, then it does make you seem more bad than the group your trying to shame on.

I generally don’t comment on stuff like this, but I’ve noticed that your dislike against Lycanroc whenever it’s bought up (or in this case not at all) has been seeping through more and more these past few months.
found the lycanroc supporter

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ooh Simpsons quality/when did it all go so wrong discussions

Season 1 is kind of awkward and hasn't aged that well
Seasons 2-8 are the good stuff
Season 9 is a weird one: It's worse than what came before it, but it still feels better than everything else to come
Seasons 10-12 is where plot and characterisation go out the window, though the show can still be funny
Seasons 13-16 are ... patchy: there's like 2 or 3 good episodes per season
Seasons 17-19 are pretty bad, with only a handful of decentish episodes
Season 20 onwards is where the quality reaches a nadir

The Simpsons Movie was okay: definitely better than the seasons when it was released, but 3/5 overall

D

Deleted member

I say Erdrick has about a 75-85% chance he's by far the most likely Square rep but with Sakurai and Speculation we never know for sure we've seen Characters rise and fall throughout the entire Speculation Cycle like Decidueye, Spring Man, Rex/Pyra, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Mach Rider & Chorus Kids and Supposedly Steve too.

Most of those Characters didn't have any leakers saying that they're in except for Steve and he's far from confirmed at this point it just keeps on getting weirder for him we used to think he was 100% confirmed yet he's fallen from that likelihood so who's to say that won't happen for other Characters. We didn't see Joker Coming and so far Leakers have gotten 0/1 right Leakers may not actually know anything but until then I say Erdrick makes the most sense.

Leakers may not actually know anything cause they've gotten nothing right so far about the DLC and they've been pulling for Steve which might not even get in so we really don't know maybe there's a 15% chance of Erdrick not getting in. Erdrick makes the most sense for the Square Rep though so it's still slightly up in the air, We all know Erdrick makes the most sense but just cause he makes the most sense that doesn't mean he's confirmed nor is he deconfirmed.

He's not confirmed until Sakurai says so but he makes the most sense.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Seasons 9 and 10 have some really good episodes.

The Principal and the Pauper is considered the episode where it all came crashing down.

All because the writer of the episode had no respect for the fans, even Harry Shearer (Skinner's VA, for people who don't recognise the name) thought it was a bad idea and voiced his concerns, but the none of the people in charge listened.
I didn't knew that Shearer complained, but while bad it doesn't have the same issue with newer episodes. My main issue with newer episodes is not that they are necessarily bad (although there are quite bad ones) but rather that everything is quite forgettable and formulaic. Which is sad compared to how the first seasons worked.

Season 9 is a weird one: It's worse than what came before it, but it still feels better than everything else to come
Seasons 10-12 is where plot and characterisation go out the window, though the show can still be funny

The Simpsons Movie was okay: definitely better than the seasons when it was released, but 3/5 overall
Personally I would have liked if the Movie was the finale, even if it came after seasons 13-16, the series and those last seasons at least would be remembered a bit more fondly.

D

Deleted member

Leakers may not actually know anything cause they've gotten nothing right so far about the DLC and they've been pulling for Steve which might not even get in so we really don't know maybe there's a 15% chance of Erdrick not getting in. Erdrick makes the most sense for the Square Rep though so it's still slightly up in the air, We all know Erdrick makes the most sense but just cause he makes the most sense that doesn't mean he's confirmed nor is he deconfirmed.
My assumption with this is that leakers didn't know anything back in December because DLC barely started and Piranha Plant wasn't even finished. Of course the second newcomer would not be known by Nintendo insiders when Joker has taken till April to be completed. It's exactly why Verge stayed silent about who out of the list of seven Square reps were in because he just didn't have anything from his sources until February. February is probably when they started working on Newcomer #2

Now why did Tansut know before anyone? **** if I know. Dude's probably got connections at Square Enix. It's really odd. We'll have to wait and see.

Erdrick ain't 100% in, but I think I understand why Joker got away scott free while Erdrick wouldn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I didn't knew that Shearer complained, but while bad it doesn't have the same issue with newer episodes. My main issue with newer episodes is not that they are necessarily bad (although there are quite bad ones) but rather that everything is quite forgettable and formulaic. Which is sad compared to how the first seasons worked.

Personally I would have liked if the Movie was the finale, even if it came after seasons 13-16, the series and those last seasons at least would be remembered a bit more fondly.
I'm interested to see how they'll finally end it, whenever they do. It's just going on, and on, and on and on ... It's become such an institution at this point that it's hard to imagine a world where The Simpsons is finished, but at this point it just seems to exist for the sake of existing and breaking more longevity records, regardless of how memorable the episodes themselves are.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright I’m eating food behind the receptionists desk

I’m taking more questions all night, idc

Even about some Smash things I never talk about

KMDP

Smash Legend

The two big quality drop-off points that I've seen spoken of are "The Principal and the Pauper" and "Lisa Goes Gaga" (both having different problems).

Season 1 actually had some pretty good ideas and I'd be interested to see how they would have handled Homer and Lisa's characterizations in later seasons if they had kept them closer to how they were in those seasons (where "Homer isn't bright but means well" and "Lisa can be almost as bad as Bart with Mischief").

I also wonder what the show would look like if they allowed the characters to age (meaning the plots with Bart and Lisa that are more teenage oriented make more sense).

Yeah, his complaint was that the Simpsons, despite being an animated comedy, has at least a semblance of continuity, and discarding all that for a cheap plot is an insult to the fans who choose to pay attention.
Kart racer or F-Zero style racer?
Kart, obviously.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think he's super frustrating compared to the rest of the cast. His counter is kind of inconsistent as it doesn't cover his whole body, and he has zero combos
Yeah, he has issues, but I just find him fun. Like, his tilts are all super satisfying, his jab is quick enough compared to his other moves for a burst option, and his bair dunks.

I'm a simple man.

D

Deleted member

K. Rool is really fun to play. Like damn.
I think he's super frustrating compared to the rest of the cast. His counter is kind of inconsistent as it doesn't cover his whole body, and he has zero combos
K. Rool is who I play if I want to be really mindless. Naturally, he is also my main.

Accurate representation of zoning with K. Rool. ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom