• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"That arranged can be" is a line from The Simpsons.

Specifically the episode "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" (the one where Homer starts a website, spreads rumours on it and then gets kidnapped and put on "The Island".).

It's spoken by Homer's German doppelganger, right before he tries to strangle him.
I just found it on tumblr. I don’t remember from whom.

Did you guys not see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets replaced a russian assassin?
Look, nobody watches Simpsons anymore, it sustains itself on the blood of virgins

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't really want Chell in Smash, but I'd dig a Portal stage with a GLaDOS boss fight. I mean, Chell would be alright, but I'm not clamping at the bit for her.

OMG, What if she's DLC?!?!

D

Deleted member

Mario is the biggest franchise in Smash by far, with the most number of games, plus it has some nice and iconic melodies. A few series need more music though.
Hell more Mario games need more music. Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario have one remix, and it took until Ultimate for us to get an Isle Delfino remix. Kind of tired of Mario 1, 3, and World at this stage but they keep taking from those games.

This song ****ing bops, though, and it's a crime it took until now to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Allright, attention everyone...

I am making my disappointing analysis on why Erdrick is not the next character.

Stay tuned!
Good luck! You'll need it since he's the closest thing to a guarantee from what we know if the DLC.

I guess Steve was like that for a little while so maybe things will change, Probably not though.

D

Deleted member

Didn't Punch-Out Wii have unique fight themes for all the boxers?
It did, but they were all variations of the Punch Out fight theme. I just want the most iconic variation (the NES version) and I'll be content.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dr. James Rustles: "I'm going to drink gallons and gallons of *insert gross bodily fluid here* until it becomes the most drunk bodily fluid ever."

That's a nice life goal tbh.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just found it on tumblr. I don’t remember from whom.

Did you guys not see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets replaced a russian assassin?
It's a German Assassin, he calls Marge "Fräulein".

...I watched the episode the other day.
Look, nobody watches Simpsons anymore, it sustains itself on the blood of virgins
The Computer Wore Menace Shoes is a Season 9/10 episode.

You know, back from when it was still considered good.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I'm back!

I also just hatched a shiny Ekans in my Crystal playthrough!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's a German Assassin, he calls Marge "Fräulein".

...I watched the episode the other day.

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes is a Season 9/10 episode.

You know, back from when it was still considered good.
I knew it was one of the 2. lol

I don’t but it’s one of the memorable old episodes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I thought 8 was when it started getting bad
8 was the last season with all the original writers (most of them moved on to Futurama), and the generally decided upon end of the Golden Age.

Seasons 9 and 10 are considered "just okay", there's an obvious shift in quality, but I don't think the fans wanted to admit it at the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh I wouldn’t mind being a billionaire

But I don’t like the idea of money just sitting in my bank account as a status symbol, so I would just pay my employees more, donate, and start projects to help fix some problems in the community.
If I were a billionaire, I'd try and find the best way to spend all of my money for the community secretly while naturally indulging by purchasing **** I couldn't practically afford otherwise. Gotta circulate money into the economy.

Ever read that one Jojo Part 7 chapter where Johnny and Gyro have to spend a **** ton of money before sunset or else they just ****ing die? It'd be like that but without stakes.

D

Deleted member

What would happen to Melee when all the CRT's eventually break? The whole reason they don't want to use actual TV's is cause of the supposed lag.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Joke: Waiting for the Direct for Edrick
Broke: Waiting for Home Run Contest and Stage Builder
Woke:
20190328_203754.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What would happen to Melee when all the CRT's eventually break? The whole reason they don't want to use actual TV's is cause of the supposed lag.
the truly dedicated create a custom converter that replicates a CRT TV within the power of your standard LCD.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hell more Mario games need more music. Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario have one remix, and it took until Ultimate for us to get an Isle Delfino remix. Kind of tired of Mario 1, 3, and World at this stage but they keep taking from those games.

This song ****ing bops, though, and it's a crime it took until now to get it.

Now I have an additional reason for wanting my most wanted.
Because of the Kirby's Dream Land 2, 3 and Crystal Shards remixes it would bring to the game, especially if they are of this quality.

D

Deleted member

8 was the last season with all the original writers (most of them moved on to Futurama), and the generally decided upon end of the Golden Age.

Seasons 9 and 10 are considered "just okay", there's an obvious shift in quality, but I don't think the fans wanted to admit it at the time.
Season 9 and 10 still delivered good episodes and I would argue that you could still find somewhat funny episodes a few seasons afterwards (the fake documentary episode was fantastic), although duds started to appear. Quality only started to take a nosedive when pretty much the series became heavily focused on guest stars.

D

Deleted member

Something tells me pros will demand CRTS be made just for Melee
I was thinking the same thing they'd probably go as far as to make CRT's and Sell CRT's themselves if needed, Melee Fans are super dedicated so I could see that happening.

D

Deleted member

Allright, attention everyone...

I am making my disappointing analysis on why Erdrick is not the next character.

Stay tuned!
It's one thing to just say Erdrick is 100% in, and that's already riddled with holes. Saying Erdrick is 0% in has the same problems. You've dug your hole before you started typing your analysis.

D

Deleted member

It's one thing to just say Erdrick is 100% in, and that's already riddled with holes. Saying Erdrick is 0% in has the same problems. You've dug your hole before you started typing your analysis.
You have a point.
I am not saying he is 0%, but they are not 100%, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom