• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They could always pull a "WHAT?" and use Banjoland as a traveling stage.
That's one way to pay respect to Nuts & Bolts... using the one area that pays respects to the games before it.

This will forever be the best Banjo-Kazooie music:

I actually like all of the music so much that I don't want to pick a favorite...but I guess you could say I'm partial to the main theme (so all of the music that has the same tune, including Grunty's Furnace Fun), Freezeezy Peak, Spiral Mountain, the Grunty music, Mr. Patch, Glitter Gulch Mine, and Hailfire Peaks - crap I think I listed too much to be partial to what do I do.
Bubblegloop is shockingly good for a swamp level. My favorite track in the series is probably Jolly Roger's Lagoon because of the utter joy infused into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Hey, do me a favor here. I've never played any of the Banjo games, and Spiral Mountain is the only song from the series I really know.

So show me some music picks for the bear and bird.
Please, I will gladly point anyone to great music. Even if I was beaten to the punch. I also tried picking tracks that kinda fit Smash.

Clanker's Cavern
Mad Monster Mansion
Final Battle
Mayahem Temple
Grunty Industries
HAG 1
Nutty Acres (Jiggy Challenge)
LOGBOX 720 (Jiggy Challenge)
Jiggoseum (Jiggy Challenge)
Terrarium of Terror (Jiggy Challenge)
Trial by Jinjo

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Banjo Medley stage that transitions between notable stages in the first two games

Also give me Grunty’s game show music

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While we're on the topic of Banjo Kazooie,

Am I the only one here who actually enjoyed Nuts & Bolts?

I feel like that game only gets hate because it has the Banjo Kazooie name attached to it
That reminds me...

I have to get the final achievement in that game.

Unfortunately I saved the hardest for last...

Noipoi

Howdy!

I feel like that game only gets hate because it has the Banjo Kazooie name attached to it
I never played it, and I do think it gets too much hate, but I honestly believe if it was marketed as a spin-off as opposed to the next Banjo game it'd be better recieved.

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I really want to play it. I've seen gameplay and it looks really interesting and fun. Not to mention the soundtrack. It's one of my favorites out of any video game.

D

Deleted member

That's the general reasoning behind the disdain. Though, on its own, it does suffer from having repetitive and uninteresting missions I'd see in a less exciting Grand Theft Auto game. Imagine the entire game being Banjo Tooie's minigames essentially.

There are legit pros and cons, but the general stigma behind it is that it's a Banjo game after eight years of waiting, no indication that it's about cars, and no Banjo game since.

D

Deleted member

Still probably better than my Linkle thread.
There is a Linkle thread? I'll put my support. (I'll also stop in other threads that I was meant to join)

It's not a bad game, but people reacted the somewhat like Metroid fans with Federation Force as they were expecting a new sequel instead of a sequel-spinoff.

Vehicle mechanics are pretty fun, only thing is that it was a bit repetitive.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"The year is 2022, Atlus have taken the world by storm and Joker has turned into the equivalent of Square Enix's Cloud except with more crossdressing.

Persona 5-2 has just been announced, with a romanceable Sae and murderable Akechi, to the celebration of millions of fans worldwide. Jane can now selfcest

However, anger quickly set in as they accused Atlus of bringing about an info drought after not having been fed info about the game 5 seconds after.

Riots ensue, blood is spilled, someone inexplicably creates a Morgana support thread. Hell breaks loose as smashboards becomes Persona 5 boards.

Everyone's profile picture is changed into Jane variants under threat of banning. Jane's not even her real name, they just keep calling her that after Smash.
Meanwhile Idon..."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's the general reasoning behind the disdain. Though, on its own, it does suffer from having repetitive and uninteresting missions I'd see in a less exciting Grand Theft Auto game. Imagine the entire game being Banjo Tooie's minigames essentially.

There are legit pros and cons, but the general stigma behind it is that it's a Banjo game after eight years of waiting, no indication that it's about cars, and no Banjo game since.
I feel like it's been vindicated by history recently, I've been seeing a lot more general sentiment that N&B is a pretty good game now compared to a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I've finally joined the dark side

BRING ON THE GUH-HUH!

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Based off of Nintendo's statement at their investors meeting here's how I could see DLC going:
  • Piranha Plant - meant for base game, was low priority and didn't get finished on time
  • Joker - meant to drum up hype in the West and represent Nintendo's relationship with Atlus. Likely opened the door for Persona 5 Switch (when it's revealed)
  • Erdrick - meant to drum up hype in the East and represent Nintendo's relationship with (Square) Enix (remember that Square and Enix used to be separate). Secondary reasons are to push sales in the East and advertise the series in the West.
  • Banjo - meant to appeal to the core Smash Bros. fanbase alongside older fans and improves relations between Nintendo and Microsoft
  • Leon Kennedy - meant to appeal to a more hardcore demographic and capitalize on the recent surge in popularity for Resident Evil to drum up hype and sales.
    • As to why Leon Kennedy over other Capcom characters, I'll cite Sakurai's friendship with Hideki Kamiya, who had his directorial debut in the original Resident Evil 2
  • I always find the last slot hardest to fill. I'll name two possibilities
    • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe - based on the great relationship between Nintendo and Namco Bandai, meant to further drum up hype and sales in the East given that the Smash community over there has never been as large as it's been over here. Nintendo, wanting to change that, includes a Tales of character since the series is massively popular over there (it got the Xbox 360 to actually sell when Tales of Vesperia was an exclusive for it, and that's pretty notable given the Xbox 360 being dead before it even released in Japan)
    • Nintendo promotional rep - If we're getting another one. Nintendo is naturally going to want to promote their own games in Smash Bros. As to who it could be, I propose
      • Euden - to represent Nintendo Mobile and draw players into Dragalia Lost (this could be especially effective with a cheap deal like the Dream Summon they have going on right now).
      • Astral Chain Twins (similar to Olimar and Alph) - To advertise and drum up interest for a new Nintendo IP
      • Blyeth or Gen 8 Pokémon - Because we're all thinking it
I also believe we're getting another Ballot (since every Smash game has had a poll or ballot of some form), the 'winner' of which will be included in the game (a lá Sm4sh's Ballot). As to who that is, I don't know. Please be Sora.

D

Deleted member

Oh so there's a leak about Banjo-Kazooie getting in Smash? They were one of my requests so that's cool I guess, it would be pretty nice but still... Bittersweet.
I would at least have a single character that interests me so yay!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I know what you guys mean. It's frustrating. Since his deconfirmation, the Isaac thread has barely been able to cross past 900 pages.

I'll see myself out.

:troll:

Die.

D

Deleted member

I feel like it's been vindicated by history recently, I've been seeing a lot more general sentiment that N&B is a pretty good game now compared to a few years ago.
I think we'll look back on it like Color Splash or Sticker Star. Not hated because it's bad, but hated because it's not why we buy the games. I think this is a topic beaten to death so maybe it's not wise for me to further it.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
  • Leon Kennedy - meant to appeal to a more hardcore demographic and capitalize on the recent surge in popularity for Resident Evil to drum up hype and sales.
>Leon Kennedy instead of Phoenix Wright

You disgust me.

i'd be cool with either but if we get another capcom character please god let phoenix come home

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Based off of Nintendo's statement at their investors meeting here's how I could see DLC going:
  • Piranha Plant - meant for base game, was low priority and didn't get finished on time
  • Joker - meant to drum up hype in the West and represent Nintendo's relationship with Atlus. Likely opened the door for Persona 5 Switch (when it's revealed)
  • Erdrick - meant to drum up hype in the East and represent Nintendo's relationship with (Square) Enix (remember that Square and Enix used to be separate). Secondary reasons are to push sales in the East and advertise the series in the West.
  • Banjo - meant to appeal to the core Smash Bros. fanbase alongside older fans and improves relations between Nintendo and Microsoft
    • As to why Leon Kennedy over other Capcom characters, I'll cite Sakurai's friendship with Hideki Kamiya, who had his directorial debut in the original Resident Evil 2
  • I always find the last slot hardest to fill. I'll name two possibilities
    • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe - based on the great relationship between Nintendo and Namco Bandai, meant to further drum up hype and sales in the East given that the Smash community over there has never been as large as it's been over here. Nintendo, wanting to change that, includes a Tales of character since the series is massively popular over there (it got the Xbox 360 to actually sell when Tales of Vesperia was an exclusive for it, and that's pretty notable given the Xbox 360 being dead before it even released in Japan)
    • Nintendo promotional rep - If we're getting another one. Nintendo is naturally going to want to promote their own games in Smash Bros. As to who it could be, I propose
      • Euden - to represent Nintendo Mobile and draw players into Dragalia Lost (this could be especially effective with a cheap deal like the Dream Summon they have going on right now).
      • Astral Chain Twins (similar to Olimar and Alph) - To advertise and drum up interest for a new Nintendo IP
      • Blyeth or Gen 8 Pokémon - Because we're all thinking it
I also believe we're getting another Ballot (since every Smash game has had a poll or ballot of some form), the 'winner' of which will be included in the game (a lá Sm4sh's Ballot). As to who that is, I don't know. Please be Sora.
ok but is Leon’s default costume RE2 or RE4

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I did not know that.

**** me.

Last edited:

Alternis

NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Can someone explain to me why people are acting like Banjo is confirmed again?
Don't mistake this; everybody here has expressed skepticism over Banjo as of now. It's just that there's been some rumblings with PolarPanda and Banjo's likelihood has seemingly risen, though that's arguable. Since Banjo was brought up, discussion has centered around him now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Phoenix Wright and Banjo were among the remaining DLC fighters I'd be pretty darn satisfied and wouldn't care who else gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom