• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Leon Kennedy instead of Phoenix Wright

You disgust me.

i'd be cool with either but if we get another capcom character please god let phoenix come home
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Resident Evil's mainstream appeal.

>:^P

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ok but is Leon’s default costume RE2 or RE4
Considering the recent success of RE2make, it has to be RE2, right?

But they'd inevitably make a P1/P2 thing with the RE4 outfit because come on. That's easy money making two amiibo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While we're on the topic of Banjo Kazooie,

Am I the only one here who actually enjoyed Nuts & Bolts?

I feel like that game only gets hate because it has the Banjo Kazooie name attached to it
I like Nuts & Bolts as well, the only things about the game that disappoint me are how Banjo's personality seems rude and sarcastic similar to Kazooie, whereas before he was more friendly, even yelling Kazooie's name if he felt she went too far. There's also the design which I think is good, but imo is meh compared to their original design, which is brighter and...I don't know, the boxier look seems a little strange on Banjo I guess, but I wouldn't care if it was a spinoff or Minecraft thing using their original designs; I guess I just like their friendlier look.

It also just seems weird for a mainline game imo...not that I care much whether it's spinoff or mainline, but I can understand some of the disappointment if it's the real "Banjo-Threeie."

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Based off of Nintendo's statement at their investors meeting here's how I could see DLC going:
  • Piranha Plant - meant for base game, was low priority and didn't get finished on time
  • Joker - meant to drum up hype in the West and represent Nintendo's relationship with Atlus. Likely opened the door for Persona 5 Switch (when it's revealed)
  • Erdrick - meant to drum up hype in the East and represent Nintendo's relationship with (Square) Enix (remember that Square and Enix used to be separate). Secondary reasons are to push sales in the East and advertise the series in the West.
  • Banjo - meant to appeal to the core Smash Bros. fanbase alongside older fans and improves relations between Nintendo and Microsoft
  • Leon Kennedy - meant to appeal to a more hardcore demographic and capitalize on the recent surge in popularity for Resident Evil to drum up hype and sales.
    • As to why Leon Kennedy over other Capcom characters, I'll cite Sakurai's friendship with Hideki Kamiya, who had his directorial debut in the original Resident Evil 2
  • I always find the last slot hardest to fill. I'll name two possibilities
    • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe - based on the great relationship between Nintendo and Namco Bandai, meant to further drum up hype and sales in the East given that the Smash community over there has never been as large as it's been over here. Nintendo, wanting to change that, includes a Tales of character since the series is massively popular over there (it got the Xbox 360 to actually sell when Tales of Vesperia was an exclusive for it, and that's pretty notable given the Xbox 360 being dead before it even released in Japan)
    • Nintendo promotional rep - If we're getting another one. Nintendo is naturally going to want to promote their own games in Smash Bros. As to who it could be, I propose
      • Euden - to represent Nintendo Mobile and draw players into Dragalia Lost (this could be especially effective with a cheap deal like the Dream Summon they have going on right now).
      • Astral Chain Twins (similar to Olimar and Alph) - To advertise and drum up interest for a new Nintendo IP
      • Blyeth or Gen 8 Pokémon - Because we're all thinking it
I also believe we're getting another Ballot (since every Smash game has had a poll or ballot of some form), the 'winner' of which will be included in the game (a lá Sm4sh's Ballot). As to who that is, I don't know. Please be Sora.
This is a real good post overall, but i'm gonna highlight this.

Likely opened the door for Persona 5 Switch (when it's revealed)
This makes me happy.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Considering the recent success of RE2make, it has to be RE2, right?

But they'd inevitably make a P1/P2 thing with the RE4 outfit because come on. That's easy money making two amiibo.
It'd likely be RE2, but mainly because Sakurai likes to go with the original design of a character over modern designs (see: Megaman, Simon, etc.)

D

Deleted member

You know what? Nah I'm not gonna be that one person who isn't satisfied until a specific character gets in even if another character you want got in.

BRING ON THE BANJO! GUH-HUH!

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Resident Evil's mainstream appeal.

>:^P
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of Ace Attorney 7 on the horizon, and coming out exclusively for the Switch.

I can't quite make out what you're saying over the sound of Phoenix being one of Capcom's many mascots.

My hearing ain't what it used to be, so I can't hear YOU over the sound of Ace Attorney being the ONLY CAPCOM SERIES TO BE COMPLETELY NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE EVERY TIME THEY RELEASE A NEW GAME. (for the sake of this strawman argument i am ignoring ports of older games to other platforms)

Iridium

Smash Hero
If Hayabusa gets in, I would like to see if this would get referenced. Or anything from the arcade game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Banjo music is pretty damn good, huh?

Yup, wouldn't mind at all.
That's one way to pay respect to Nuts & Bolts... using the one area that pays respects to the games before it.

Bubblegloop is shockingly good for a swamp level. My favorite track in the series is probably Jolly Roger's Lagoon because of the utter joy infused into it.

Banjo is worth it for the music alone! Even Rusty Bucket Bay has a kick-ass track.

And the best part is, it's DLC, so you don't have to unlock any of it! God it is so hard to narrow down song choices, I want all of them! Favorite is Freezezy Peak though. Because I Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-king love Christmas!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know what? Nah I'm not gonna be that one person who isn't satisfied until a specific character gets in even if another character you want got in.

BRING ON THE BANJO! GUH-HUH!
That's the kinda mindset you gotta have when your most wanted is Sans.

Good job, bud!

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Don't mistake this; everybody here has expressed skepticism over Banjo as of now. It's just that there's been some rumblings with PolarPanda and Banjo's likelihood has seemingly risen, though that's arguable. Since Banjo was brought up, discussion has centered around him now.
What's their track record aside from saying Erdrick was a possibility before the datamine?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It'd likely be RE2, but mainly because Sakurai likes to go with the original design of a character over modern designs (see: Megaman, Simon, etc.)
Leon?

I'm not so sure how easily Leon's going to make it when Solid Snake had to get in without any of his weaponry and rely solely on explosives. The flamethrowers and multi-rockets (and maybe grenades) seem like they'd work well, but that probably isn't enough to fill a moveset.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Good point.

The odd thing about Leon is that while he was the main character of arguably the favorite classic RE game, he didn't get favorite character status until RE4 completely reinvented the character as a wisecracking action hero bad***. Until RE2make changed the playing field, I'd argue the RE4 look is more true to the character people know and love. They've tried to recreate that look in all three CGI movies and RE6. His RPD outfit was very specifically in RE2, a game that also started Claire Redfield-- who got to headline her own game two games later, rather than him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Watch instead of Leon we get Jill.
This is actually what I think would happen.

I think Jill is more a face of the series than Leon, and much as that got Cloud included despite his Playstation-affiliation, I think that'd get Jill included despite Leon's Nintendo-affiliation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Based off of Nintendo's statement at their investors meeting here's how I could see DLC going:
  • Piranha Plant - meant for base game, was low priority and didn't get finished on time
  • Joker - meant to drum up hype in the West and represent Nintendo's relationship with Atlus. Likely opened the door for Persona 5 Switch (when it's revealed)
  • Erdrick - meant to drum up hype in the East and represent Nintendo's relationship with (Square) Enix (remember that Square and Enix used to be separate). Secondary reasons are to push sales in the East and advertise the series in the West.
  • Banjo - meant to appeal to the core Smash Bros. fanbase alongside older fans and improves relations between Nintendo and Microsoft
  • Leon Kennedy - meant to appeal to a more hardcore demographic and capitalize on the recent surge in popularity for Resident Evil to drum up hype and sales.
    • As to why Leon Kennedy over other Capcom characters, I'll cite Sakurai's friendship with Hideki Kamiya, who had his directorial debut in the original Resident Evil 2
  • I always find the last slot hardest to fill. I'll name two possibilities
    • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell/Velvet Crowe - based on the great relationship between Nintendo and Namco Bandai, meant to further drum up hype and sales in the East given that the Smash community over there has never been as large as it's been over here. Nintendo, wanting to change that, includes a Tales of character since the series is massively popular over there (it got the Xbox 360 to actually sell when Tales of Vesperia was an exclusive for it, and that's pretty notable given the Xbox 360 being dead before it even released in Japan)
    • Nintendo promotional rep - If we're getting another one. Nintendo is naturally going to want to promote their own games in Smash Bros. As to who it could be, I propose
      • Euden - to represent Nintendo Mobile and draw players into Dragalia Lost (this could be especially effective with a cheap deal like the Dream Summon they have going on right now).
      • Astral Chain Twins (similar to Olimar and Alph) - To advertise and drum up interest for a new Nintendo IP
      • Blyeth or Gen 8 Pokémon - Because we're all thinking it
I also believe we're getting another Ballot (since every Smash game has had a poll or ballot of some form), the 'winner' of which will be included in the game (a lá Sm4sh's Ballot). As to who that is, I don't know. Please be Sora.
I mostly agree, I still think we're getting Crash Bandicoot, not Leon. And we're probably getting a Tales character. Every third party company has at least two unique franchises already represented except Square and Namco. We need to even it up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I guess I should have mentioned it existed before. :p
I think Linkle or Lana would be a pretty good fit for Smash, as HW representatives.

Though really I'd just want Lana because of that one move she had in Hyrule Warriors where she rides a big White block to mow down hoards of enemies. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom