• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Almost forgot: another N&B thing that seemed somewhat off-putting was how they made fun of the older games and their genre, so there's that.

I still think it's a good game, though...I just hope Banjo goes back to his original personality for the most part and designs.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just came back home. I feel like i'm missing something huge here.

Have I gone insane or has mother flipping Banjo been confirmed for Smash? I mean I would pop off and all but like the Grinch Leak was a thing so I'm kinda hesitant to get too excited.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Have I gone insane or has mother flipping Banjo been confirmed for Smash? I mean I would pop off and all but like the Grinch Leak was a thing so I'm kinda hesitant to get too excited.
Less confirmed, and more rumored by a pretty notable leaker

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Watch instead of Leon we get Jill.
MY MAN.

I'd think it would be Chris; he's effectively the face of the series, fronting the highest selling title in it (RE5).
Considering he's also been the lead RE character for MvC3, UMvC3 and MvCi, I'd imagine Capcom would want to put forward one of their other many RE representatives. They have a habit of switching leads from title to title, with Chris and Leon being the most common modern representatives, followed by Jill and Claire.

I would be ALL for Chris, though. Holy ****. Give him a boulder punching final smash for the love of God.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think Linkle or Lana would be a pretty good fit for Smash, as HW representatives.

Though really I'd just want Lana because of that one move she had in Hyrule Warriors where she rides a big White block to mow down hoards of enemies :laugh:
That’s cool....but attacks based on cucco? I mean, c’mon.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Not confirmed, just rumored.

Though I guess he's worth keepin an eye on now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Kinda.

From what DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon tells me, polarpanda, a credible leaker, says someone has found some pretty damning evidence it's going to be Banjo and some damning evidence it's not going to be Steve. Not concrete, but a lot of hearsay is pointing to it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Less confirmed, and more rumored by a pretty notable leaker
Where's the source? Want to check it out.

Kinda.

From what DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon tells me, polarpanda, a credible leaker, says someone has found some pretty damning evidence it's going to be Banjo and some damning evidence it's not going to be Steve. Not concrete, but a lot of hearsay is pointing to it.
PLEASE!!!!!! I need my Bear and Bird! **** it, now i'm playing Banjo over the weekend again. Still trying to get the propeller timer Jiggy in Rusty Bucket Bay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's a good mindset to have. Props to you buddy.
That's the kinda mindset you gotta have when your most wanted is Sans.

Good job, bud!
I would love Geno but I need to broaden my horizon and realize it's not the end of the world if he's not in! Even if Geno isn't in Smash this DLC Cycle he could still make it in a potential Season 2 or even Smash 6!

Also Banjo Hype! I need to get around to beating Banjo-Kazooie now!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
What's their track record aside from saying Erdrick was a possibility before the datamine?
Polar actually has a surprisingly good track record. I don't remember everything, but I trust Polar more than any other leaker currently.
Leon?

I'm not so sure how easily Leon's going to make it when Solid Snake had to get in without any of his weaponry and rely solely on explosives. The flamethrowers and multi-rockets (and maybe grenades) seem like they'd work well, but that probably isn't enough to fill a moveset.
DLC is rated separately from the main game, and standards have changed from 2008 to now so it could be more likely than you'd think.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
On today's Game of "Guess The Character":
20190328_185851.jpg

If you saw The List, you can't participate :V

Last edited:

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Good point.

The odd thing about Leon is that while he was the main character of arguably the favorite classic RE game, he didn't get favorite character status until RE4 completely reinvented the character as a wisecracking action hero bad***. Until RE2make changed the playing field, I'd argue the RE4 look is more true to the character people know and love. They've tried to recreate that look in all three CGI movies and RE6. His RPD outfit was very specifically in RE2, a game that also started Claire Redfield-- who got to headline her own game two games later, rather than him.
If Leon gets in I would hope his design is similar to how he looks in Project X Zone. All the RE characters look great in that game.

2E7C8AE2-7CC3-450A-BAAD-15E9595A5F8B.png

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
DLC is rated separately from the main game, and standards have changed from 2008 to now so it could be more likely than you'd think.
Hah, with my luck Leon's moveset's probably going to revolve around tossing zombies at the enemy.

Anyway I'm down for more guns in Smash.

I've been waiting to cap Ganondorf in his sorry ass for a looooooong time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Where is PolarPanda's tweet? Plz link.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want Chris on the basis of him having a pummeling move where he punches you like he punched that boulder.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd prefer Jill over Leon because I want to see staindgrey staindgrey lose his mind.
To be totally honest, I'd probably lose my mind if any RE character got in.

There are just different levels of how much I'll lose my mind depending on which they pick.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Please let Banjo be joining Smash because Microsoft is also going to announce a new Banjo project.
I want to see Banjo learn what it can from Odyssey and kick that plumber's ass once again! (many people say that Banjo is objectivly a better game than Mario 64).

Better calm down before my Banjo love combines with my hormones again and I start another fight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom