• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly it feels to me like the biggest takeaway from polar's source isn't that banjo is suddenly confirmed, but rather that minecraft most likely isn't happening and expectations just happened to run a bit wild after vergeben's (probably bad) source

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>10 notifications
>8 quotes and 1 mention
shoutouts to @SneakyLink for simply liking the post.

Microsoft was actually bought out by Square Enix (all that money-grubbing really paid off) so now Banjo is a Square Enix character. Sorry Erdrick.

It's not "my" info lol. This is public stuff if you go searching for it.

You know it bb UwU.

No, but it's a leak all the same. Take it with a gain of salt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't really know how much I can say. You're just gonna have to trust me here.
Lol @ people demanding info from you

D

Deleted member

I want Steve more but Banjo would be neato.

I'm cool with this if it's legit. :drshrug:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny how "wow this Duck Hunt alt kind of looks like Banjo and Kazooie, I wonder if there's any inspiration" eventually turned into "DHD and Banjo are basically the same thing".

I dunno much about Banjo but something tells me his theoretical moveset won't revolve around exploding cans and 8-bit cowboys.

D

Deleted member

>a leak from an actual reputable leaker that's not about the ****ing square rep
afb.gif

D

Deleted member

>10 notifications
>8 quotes and 1 mention

Microsoft was actually bought out by Square Enix (all that money-grubbing really paid off) so now Banjo is a Square Enix character. Sorry Erdrick.

You know it bb UwU.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@Onereasonanddone made a good post about it, so read his.
man where’s the cool kids club and why aren’t I invited i was with you in the darkest moments of the square thread smh feel betrayed

Noipoi

Howdy!
>10 notifications
>8 quotes and 1 mention

You know it bb UwU.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you for your service.

Stitch Salute.gif

Banjo isn't my most wanted or anything, but he'd be pretty cool. I'm always down for Rareware.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They will be based on whatever you have done the most/had the most exposure to in the last 24 hours.

But no two situations will produce identical powers, even if it looks like they should.
Okay, I’ve been playing Xenoblade 2 and Roblox most recently, and otherwise laying down because my back is killing me

Where does that put me on the superpower list

Shroob

Sup?
>Be me
>Make ****post based off of something I see in a Discord Server
>Get waterboarded for information by users on Smashboards
>feelsbadman.jpg
Your suffering is honored for digging us out of the pit that we were in, your noble sacrifice won't be forgotten.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Opening title screen literally has two Shy Guys just chilling behind the set.

If that's not pro-Shy Guy, I dunno what is :yoshi:
True - it's just that Shy Guys are some of my favourite enemies but they're so adorable I feel kind of bad attacking them

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My Chief thread gets toxic whenever Steve gets mentioned, granted it's just one insufferable **** doing it.

God I wish I could thread ban them, I don't want that toxic **** in my threads lol
Oh, your thread has people? Must be nice.

We're still on page one. Probably because I do all my Jill talking here instead of there.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay, I’ve been playing Xenoblade 2 and Roblox most recently, and otherwise laying down because my back is killing me

Where does that put me on the superpower list
you make rex's AAAAAAAIIYAH sound whenever you stub your toe

D

Deleted member

honestly it feels to me like the biggest takeaway from polar's source isn't that banjo is suddenly confirmed, but rather that minecraft most likely isn't happening and expectations just happened to run a bit wild after vergeben's (probably bad) source
Right? The biggest thing for Minecraft was Vergeben and even he's retracted his statements over it while never confirming Steve to begin with.

That being said, this could be exactly the same situation. Best be cautious it doesn't bandwagon out of control. I already did a disservice to Polar by posting that discord image.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

But when the world needed him most...

He vanished.
If I can't get get Vergeben to help me... then there's only one person I can call upon.

THANOS BANJO

>10 notifications
>8 quotes and 1 mention

You know it bb UwU.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Essentially Polar heard something from a well established Microsoft source saying Banjo is in and Steve is out.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

THE WHOLE REASON FOR MY ACCOUNT IS ON THE DAMN LINE FOR A DAMN BEAR.

D

Deleted member

It's funny how "wow this Duck Hunt alt kind of looks like Banjo and Kazooie, I wonder if there's any inspiration" eventually turned into "DHD and Banjo are basically the same thing".

I dunno much about Banjo but something tells me his theoretical moveset won't revolve around exploding cans and 8-bit cowboys.
It's kinda funny if now you add the glitches that DH is causing, now people are using the argument that Banjo is in and is based on DH due to the whole mammal and bird mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I want Steve more but Banjo would be neato.

I'm cool with this if it's legit. :drshrug:
I want Steve more too, but I'd be lying if I said that I don't think the Banjo fans deserve it. They're one of, if not nicest, most committed fanbase for a character in Smash Bros. You never really see a Banjo fan getting into hateful debates with people over him, nor do you really ever see them complaining. Instead, they're getting the attention of notable figures like Phil Spencer and acting to get Banjo in.

Maybe I ought to play Banjo Kazooie myself.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
remember when it was cool to take a post from several pages back and resurface it to talk **** when the conversation is long gone

Me too
Not my fault you guys spend literally all day here, and the pages fly by. That post was what, 4 hours ago? And already it's been 5+ pages. Oops.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Leak?

Someone's going to hafta fill me in because I just got here.
There's a rumor going round that there's nothing Minecraft in the game, despite verge's past claims. And that same person heard from someone else that Banjo's in.

Take this with a grain of salt, of course.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Uh character support threads?

That reminds me: I still need to go pledge my allegiance to the Paper Mario and Rayman threads

I don't really fancy revising the Skull Kid thread as it'll just make me sad and I kind of stopped visiting after people started swearing that they could see him in Mach Rider's bike

A Master Hand support thread probably exists, so I'll need to check out the 2 posts there

D

Deleted member

>Be me
>Make ****post based off of something I see in a Discord Server
>Get waterboarded for information by users on Smashboards
>feelsbadman.jpg
Sorry about that mate. I feel pretty strongly about my bear and bird-up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not my fault you guys spend literally all day here, and the pages fly by. That post was what, 4 hours ago? And already it's been 5+ pages. Oops.
Okay lmao
You win, wise man

I want Steve more too, but I'd be lying if I said that I don't think the Banjo fans deserve it. They're one of, if not nicest, most committed fanbase for a character in Smash Bros. You never really see a Banjo fan getting into hateful debates with people over him, nor do you really ever see them complaining. Instead, they're getting the attention of notable figures like Phil Spencer and acting to get Banjo in.

Maybe I ought to play Banjo Kazooie myself.
It’s fun, depending on how much into collectathons you are. It’s not everyone’s thing though.

I personally love every bit of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom