• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay just arrived back in this thread so haven't caught up with everything but is the tl;dr of it that we're getting Microsoft Sam?
Better start working on your Lolsprinkler to Roflcopter combos.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest, I support Banjo for two reasons:
  1. It represents Microsoft's interest in doing something with the property they've been sitting on for the better part of a decade.
  2. They'd be an interesting character to watch because of how funky a bear+bird would be.
But I honestly don't ever plan on playing him. So it's not so much a "HELL YEAH" as a "yeah".
It’s be the longest yeah booooooi from me

Noipoi

Howdy!
This leak could ultimately mean nothing, but hey. It's something to talk about.

I'm not even a huge Banjo fan, I like him fine but i'm not crazy about him, but can you imagine at the end of the next direct. Everything's black, and then-

Do do do do *knock knock* do do do do "Guh-huh!"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I'm not even a huge Banjo fan, I like him fine but i'm not crazy about him, but can you imagine at the end of the next direct. Everything's black, and then-

Suddenly... SE supporters fade to dust. /s

(this is a joke don't hurt me)

D

Deleted member

more seriously, can’t take these leaks 100% but interesting nonetheless. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

There needs to be meta humor to go with it :yoshi:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They'd be an interesting character to watch because of how funky a bear+bird would be.
This is my main reason for wanting a character in, even if I don’t care about them, I appreciate the moveset potential.
I hope feebas gets in
All joking aside if Feebas actually got in Smash I wonder how he would play.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The Microsoft rep will actually be General RAAM thus bringing the Locust to Smash Bros
Not even lying, I would be so down.

I don't play heavyweights but I will make a ****ing exception.

D

Deleted member

This is how I feel about most character followings ngl

It’s not localized to Banjo by any means

Not to downplay how obnoxious Banjo fans can be, but hoo boy I don’t associate very often with ANY of the character threads of characters I support
The bigger they get the worse they overall are

It's like the Geno thread can be pretty full of vitriol (especially if someone brings up Erdrick) but the Elma thread is mostly just doing it's job of existing pretty well I would say

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is how I feel about most character followings ngl

It’s not localized to Banjo by any means

Not to downplay how obnoxious Banjo fans can be, but hoo boy I don’t associate very often with ANY of the character threads of characters I support
This place isn't perfect but any means but I believe vaanrose vaanrose said it best.

There's a darkness in the character support threads.

Iridium

Smash Hero
When and why did Fairly Odd Parents start sucking?
Twad my favorite cartoon as a kid.
Honestly, new characters were introduced that either nobody wanted or cared about, and the animation basically just dropped by the end. And Nickelodeon is sort of garbage in some ways, anyway. Episodes also got rather boring very easily, maybe around 2009?

Unfortunate, because I cannot remember it having a proper finale.

To be honest, I support Banjo for two reasons:
  1. It represents Microsoft's interest in doing something with the property they've been sitting on for the better part of a decade.
  2. They'd be an interesting character to watch because of how funky a bear+bird would be.
But I honestly don't ever plan on playing him. So it's not so much a "HELL YEAH" as a "yeah".
I just care about the mod ideas.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

It's like the Geno thread can be pretty full of vitriol (especially if someone brings up Erdrick) but the Elma thread is mostly just doing it's job of existing pretty well I would say
The less people there are, the less jerks there will be

Unfortunately for me the people I support tend to be relatively popular, aside from Goemon and Tetromino

D

Deleted member

lukewarm take: given that nintendo's intended objective with the DLC, as per shareholder meetings, is to bring in new audiences, i still don't see why any combination of nintendo and microsoft would ever decide to include banjo over steve
Probably they felt that since they can sell any character maybe they go with one they have lingtime history, who knows? It might be fake info.
His fanbase is a pretty big reason I spoke negatively about his inclusion in the past

Whenever I used to discuss the possibility of Steve in Smash, usually in Youtube comments. I always got these nasty replies of people saying something along the lines of "LoL nO! BaNjO dEsErVeS iT mOrE", then we'd get into these brutal arguments and stuff like that.

I'm gonna be happy for all of you well-behaved fans who got their character and I hope you'd enjoy his inclusion, but those sour ones really left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't think I'd be able to enjoy him properly without thinking of them.
It feels quite annoying for me since I grew up with them, especially since I feel their importance is oversold by a lot. Why is it so difficult to just say they like him instead of bringing inane reasons why he deserves to be in, I don't particularly mind their inclusion though.

Shroob

Sup?
Wouldn't that be kinda hilariously bittersweet?

Banjo, one of the last big wants that the Smash fanbase wants gets in.

"GENO!........is a Mii Costume!.....again!.......That you have to buy!.... When we launch Erdrick!"

D

Deleted member

see i kinda feel like they already covered this concept of a duo fighter with duck hunt
I think this is the duo fighter equivalent to a "but he wields a sword" argument. Remember :ulticeclimbers: and :ultrosalina: while you're at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

My Chief thread gets toxic whenever Steve gets mentioned, granted it's just one insufferable **** doing it.

God I wish I could thread ban them, I don't want that toxic **** in my threads lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He was one of my mains in KI, if they translated most of that over I'd be ecstatic.
I always wanted to like KI, but I never got heavily invested enough. The way you have to use specific combo starters and combo finishers took more work than I was willing to put in.

Love the aesthetic and the characters and the music and the three years of support, but when SFV came out I just said **** it and went back to my main fighter. RAAM seemed fun though.

Speaking of SFV, Juri finally isn't a trash fire! Yay Season Four!!

Noipoi

Howdy!

The only support threads I really hung around in were the Ashley thread and the Incineroar thread, whuch were relatively small. And yeah, it was a couple dudes just having fun.

Took a trip to the bigger threads. Wasn't that fun.

D

Deleted member

Feel like it’s a rule that the more people there are, the higher the density of dummies. You just gotta not let that affect you and ignore it i’d say.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah there's certainly darkness in mine...

because it's ****ing empty.
At least you’re saving money on the electricity bill for your support shack

"GENO!........is a Mii Costume!.....again!.......That you have to buy!.... When we launch Erdrick!"
I’d be cool with Geno being a mii costume again tbh. And despite how much I bet against the erdrick, I would be stoked for any DQ character to be a fighter. Uh, besides Slime.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I always wanted to like KI, but I never got heavily invested enough. The way you have to use specific combo starters and combo finishers took more work than I was willing to put in.

Love the aesthetic and the characters and the music and the three years of support, but when SFV came out I just said **** it and went back to my main fighter. RAAM seemed fun though.

Speaking of SFV, Juri finally isn't a trash fire! Yay Season Four!!
I just used the auto combo system because **** I can't do the deeper, more skilled stuff to save my life lmao

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>10 notifications
>8 quotes and 1 mention
shoutouts to SneakyLink SneakyLink for simply liking the post.
Bloody hell what the ****’s been going on in the square thread?
Microsoft was actually bought out by Square Enix (all that money-grubbing really paid off) so now Banjo is a Square Enix character. Sorry Erdrick.
We got ourselves a Code Johnathan, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon might have the beans and I wouldn't be surprised if Spawn has heard about it.

I dunno if I wanna believe it. Not after November.
I'D KNEW YOU'D BREAK.

SPILL NAMES.
It's not "my" info lol. This is public stuff if you go searching for it.
Is this the face of a man you wish to disappoint?
You know it bb UwU.
This is a joke, right?

Tell me, it's just a joke
No, but it's a leak all the same. Take it with a gain of salt.
we gonna need a source cause otherwise smashboards aboutta be like

View attachment 202195
Who? TELL ME WHO!!!!

As much as I'd like to hop on this train, since I want Banjo and don't want Steve...

We're gonna need some citations here buddy.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@Onereasonanddone made a good post about it, so read his.
Alright here’s the context
Essentially Polar heard something from a well established Microsoft source saying Banjo is in and Steve is out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In a way, it’s the closest we can get though. Banjo, Ridley, and K Rool is in, Geno finally has a presence at all and is even given a costume, Isaac is acknowledged and given an HD model and a mii costume too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom