• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
While I get people wanted a Female Joker, I personally think it cheapens the character itself to do a “nuJoker” or “nuCharacter”.

I said the same thing when it came to making Iceman gay. Like yes, it’s inclusive for a wider audience, but make an authentic character with their own backstory. Give them their own perspective instead of just “the exact same thing but as a girl”.

I mean frankly, there are reasons why just slapping a female skin as Joker wouldn’t work well with the current storyline of Persona 5, unless they changed a decent amount of things. I will say that I don’t have experience with any previous titles in the Persona series, but they’d probably have to rework quite an amount of the plot, romance options, dialogue, etc. if they’ve done that before, then fine. But I also don’t think girls should just have to play “Persona 5 but as a girl” with nothing that makes her “seem” like a girl. Make her an authentic character that doesn’t rely on the males story before her.

I mean maybe they should consider spicing it up with a female main character for the next game? But then again, how long would that be?

Idk, it would be fine to make a female mc for the game in theory. It’s inclusive for new players...but I honestly just feel like that sort of thing works better when you can actually customize the character and the identity of your character impacts nothing but the romance arcs.

I mean, while they COULD have a female character just do all the same stuff but with new romance options, the Kawakami storyline would likely have to be completely rewritten to make a bit more sense. Anime cutscenes would likely have to be changed to edit out either innuendos or things that are more or less perverted for a guy. At that point, why not make a unique storyline with a new character that fulfills a slightly different role?
imagine the girl is an MC and she is hit around by the cops in the begining of the game just like her male counterpart. How fast do you think people would yell "Omg this is wrong" compared to Ren getting smacked and stepped on

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think we got an Olimar and Alph situation on our hands.

So, in short:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Also, while we’re in the topic of anime girls, allow me to share the best FE character, no questions asked.

1553349624758.png

She’s trying her best.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It is when the other character is forgotten almost completely.
i'll be damned if i'm passing up my boy joker for some ponytail girl we don't even know the name of yet and who probably won't get an english release for like 8 months

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
When you see all this Persona talk yet have never played a single game.

5E024D98-C208-4C23-A5AB-4BBABB2EC9EE.gif

Yeah I used a gif maker. Online had no good examples here.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I just want to see how long will it take before people complain about something relatively okay for Joker for no reason when he comes out.

So, random question here. What’s an underrated game you think people here should play? I’m just gonna leave this here, actually.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/420530/OneShot/

This game is amazing. I highly reccomend everyone to check it out, and go in as blind as possible.
Probably The Messenger, for those who love indie games. Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden to an extent.

When you see all this Persona talk yet have never played a single game.

View attachment 200362

Yeah I used a gif maker. Online had no good examples here.
This is me, too.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So uh, Persona 5 Royal is a thing.

A PlayStation exclusive thing.

Here lies Noipoi’s hopes and dreams of playing Persona 5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

P5R is most likely a spin-off.

P5S is most likely going to be the Switch port.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

There's still P5S to be revealed, right?

What if the S stands for Switch?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There you are! I have something for you!

Like Undertale?

Like good characters?

Like good story?

Then play this and go in a blind as possible. https://store.steampowered.com/app/420530/OneShot/

Jokes aside, I think this is something you in particular will like.
OH MY GOSH SOMEONE IS TALKING ABOUT ONESHOT

OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH

NOIPOI PLAY IT IF YOU CAN. It's one of the best dang games I've ever played, and the story is a work of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom