• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly, I'm not surprised Persona 5 R is PS4 exclusive. They usually are. Not all hope is lost though, wasn't there multiple versions of Persona 5 leaked? I feel like I remember a Persona 5 S and if that's the case the S could stand for Switch. Honestly, if Persona 5 showed up on Nintendo Switch and it WASN'T announced by Nintendo I would be shocked. I don't know why every one else feels the opposite.
P5S was a domain registered by atlus, tho they register dozens of domains they never use to throw off speculation

really the only thing p5 switch has going for it is the expectation from joker, and even that kind of logic has almost never worked out in the past with third parties

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm not surprised Persona 5 R is PS4 exclusive. They usually are. Not all hope is lost though, wasn't there multiple versions of Persona 5 leaked? I feel like I remember a Persona 5 S and if that's the case the S could stand for Switch. Honestly, if Persona 5 showed up on Nintendo Switch and it WASN'T announced by Nintendo I would be shocked. I don't know why every one else feels the opposite.
The problem is that the P5S, M and B info were just trademark filings, and most of the time, they don't really mean much. A good example of that is with all the Secret of Mana Collection trademarks such as "Collection of Mana" as of recent, but Square still hasn't done nothing with the trilogy.

My crux is that I wanna see why people say this game is good and hope that'll come to Switch, see why Joker is in Smash, etc. It's become my main go-to since I travel a lot and am able to get a good amount of progress done on games out of the house, so seeing it exclusive still to a console that's become my cable box replacement is pretty disappointing.

It's Atlus, though. They'll release Catherine Classic on PC only, but then only release Full Body on the PS4. ****s confusing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, I've really got to go to bed.

Before I go, I'd like to point Opossum Opossum and Moydow Moydow (I'd think of other guys but... too tired) in the direction of this post I made, specifically the bit quoting Captain Fun; I'd like to know what other Fire Emblem fans think of my Support idea.

Maybe I shouldn't have put this idea out at 6:00 AM American Time.
so what do we call this girl

jane-chan?
Joker-chan
Renko
Ren-tan
Quinn

Something like that.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well, I've really got to go to bed.

Before I go, I'd like to point Opossum Opossum and Moydow Moydow (I'd think of other guys but... too tired) in the direction of this post I made, specifically the bit quoting Captain Fun; I'd like to know what other Fire Emblem fans think of my Support idea.

Something like that.
I like the idea of unlocking little side-stories by advancing supports. I think that could work pretty well.

I liked the base conversations in Path of Radiance since they could involve multiple characters and were pretty grounded.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:grin:

Hope you get back on your feet soon, Swamp.

To be fair, there are some good, even great, Support Chains in Fates, it's just that the Modern Fire Emblem support style of Quantity over Quality means the good ones are drowned out by the bad or mediocre ones.

Speaking of Supports, I had an idea a while ago for "Chained Supports".

Here's what I mean: if most characters are going to be able to support with each other anyway, why not make it so that some Supports, between two Characters who otherwise would have no business talking to each other, can be unlocked by going through other, more reasonable Support Chains.

Like, say, in Fire Emblem 7, if you could open up a Support between Bartre and Karel if Bartre reaches an A Support with Karla. Maybe he comes to Karel to ask him about Karla's tastes and what she likes, and this sets Karel up for his changed personality in Binding Blade.

You could even have some bonus Supports that flesh out other Supports: for example, in Beruka's Support with Charlotte, Charlotte suggests seducing men as a way of "killing" them, and Beruka goes to Camilla to ask her about it before returning to Charlotte. Why not have a smaller mini-Support between Beruka and Camilla as a way of fleshing them out outside of the normal Support Conversations?
I think the best way to go about something like this isn't necessarily two support chains, as that would require much more support grinding. Instead, it could be a mix of support conversations and base conversations. For example, let's say Person A has a support with Royal 5, and gets it to A rank. Maybe Person A tells Royal 5 about the struggles of the common man and, in an effort to better get to know the people, Royal 5 gets additional base conversations, that don't require grinding and are more free in format, with folks like Person A's sister (Person S) or the Myrmidon sellsword that you recruited from enemy lines (Person M).

That way it keeps the development gained from the support, but instead of the grinding being rewarded with more grinding, the reward is more immediate and open ended.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
P5S was a domain registered by atlus, tho they register dozens of domains they never use to throw off speculation

really the only thing p5 switch has going for it is the expectation from joker, and even that kind of logic has almost never worked out in the past with third parties
Recently, though, it's been working out. Well, actually it usually does. Snake is the only real outlier and even then he kind of isn't. Mega Man in Smash, then Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS. Pac-Man in Smash, then Ghostly Adventures and other stuff.Cloud in Smash, then FFVII on Switch. Ryu in Smash, then Ultra Street Fighter II as a Switch exclusive. Bayonetta, obviously. Simon and Richter, and now the Castlevania Collection. Sonic, self explanatory. And even Snake in Brawl, Snake Eater 3D came out a few years (4?) later.

It's not unlikely that a deal is struck to have P5 on Switch. Nintendo surely knows what they're doing by this point.
The problem is that the P5S, M and B info were just trademark filings, and most of the time, they don't really mean much. A good example of that is with all the Secret of Mana Collection trademarks such as "Collection of Mana" as of recent, but Square still hasn't done nothing with the trilogy.

My crux is that I wanna see why people say this game is good and hope that'll come to Switch, see why Joker is in Smash, etc. It's become my main go-to since I travel a lot and am able to get a good amount of progress done on games out of the house, so seeing it exclusive still to a console that's become my cable box replacement is pretty disappointing.

It's Atlus, though. They'll release Catherine Classic on PC only, but then only release Full Body on the PS4. ****s confusing.
Didn't Dancing in Moonlight count as one of those? I thought it counted as Persona 5 B. So there's M and S left and M could be Mobile and S could be Switch. I dunno, though. Could be nothing but I doubt P5 will remain PS4 Exclusive forever.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel like the title doesn't sound like a remake's? "The Royal" really sounds more like something separate. Unless it's poor translation stuff and the actual English title is Persona 5: Royal

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Does anyone else feel like the title doesn't sound like a remake's? "The Royal" really sounds more like something separate. Unless it's poor translation stuff and the actual English title is Persona 5: Royal
consensus atm seems to be it's a new game/spinoff of some sort, given that the girl is commenting on phantom thieves like they're an ongoing thing

ooh, what if it's based on the bad ending reality

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 4 ' s remake was named "The Golden", it seems in line with it.

please no. I may be overblowing it but I legit dont like how fast people think with their ***** with female characters
You're acting like Joker himself doesn't have a ton of 18+ fanart.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nobody said it would be a full reveal. They said they'll reveal it in April.

I don't know why people act like getting some news early is a bad thing.
tbf Atlus went "Hey kids! Persona 5 R is a thing! If you want more information, wait until March where we'll announce something!"
Now that it's March: "Hey kids, girl! Find out more in April!" It's understandable for being disappointed. Imagine if Sakurai was going to make an announcement at an event in 3 months and when it finally comes he says "New Smash information will be revealed next month!" People will feel hella blueballed.

ALSO POWER RANGERS RELEASES IN 3 DAYS WHAT THE ****

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait, why is it assumed this chick is in Smash now?
How do y'all not remember the "Jane" conspiracy? Joker had something in his datamined files that implied he has a costume with a ponytail.

New girl has a ponytail.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You don't remember the whole jack ponytail datamine?
Completely unaware of any such Ponytail dstamine.

How do y'all not remember the "Jane" conspiracy? Joker had something in his datamined files that implied he has a costume with a ponytail.

New girl has a ponytail.
Because, I didn't forget about it? Because I never even heard of it?

Honestly, I can't keep up with every single bit of Smash speculation when it comes around especially to the point where usually when it comes around it's a pointless, speculative, mess of ideas being thrown around about what it could mean when, in the end, it usually means nothing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
please no. I may be overblowing it but I legit dont like how fast people think with their ***** with female characters
I don't get it, because male characters get subjected to the same stuff all the time
Especially in this thread

While I agree that people get totally overbearingly disturbing with it sometimes, coming from someone who is into fanservice and stuff like that, I really don't get being so adamant about dudes liking female characters for their looks when the **** doesn't just happen to female characters lol

Idunno, maybe it's just me

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Completely unaware of any such Ponytail dstamine.
Basically, files were datamined to discover that "jack: (AKA Joker), had an alt that used a ponytail, that went by the codename of "jane".

And this new P5R girl most certainly has a ponytail

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
fans: mr sakurai, why are there joker skins in the game that have ponytails
sakurai:

D

Deleted member

Recently, though, it's been working out. Well, actually it usually does. Snake is the only real outlier and even then he kind of isn't. Mega Man in Smash, then Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS. Pac-Man in Smash, then Ghostly Adventures and other stuff.Cloud in Smash, then FFVII on Switch. Ryu in Smash, then Ultra Street Fighter II as a Switch exclusive. Bayonetta, obviously. Simon and Richter, and now the Castlevania Collection. Sonic, self explanatory. And even Snake in Brawl, Snake Eater 3D came out a few years (4?) later.

It's not unlikely that a deal is struck to have P5 on Switch. Nintendo surely knows what they're doing by this point.

Didn't Dancing in Moonlight count as one of those? I thought it counted as Persona 5 B. So there's M and S left and M could be Mobile and S could be Switch. I dunno, though. Could be nothing but I doubt P5 will remain PS4 Exclusive forever.
I thought that the dancing spinoff wasn't a part of that whole SMB deal, because they abbreviate it as P5D. Either way, I just hope someone at Atlus knows what they're doing and just maaaybe it'll be multi-platform and coming to the Switch.

I mean, look at the announcement for Cuphead. It's just a Switch port reveal, but the announcement video already has over 1.3M views and insane traction on Twitter too. If what reports about Hollow Knight making pretty big bank on the Switch are to be said, Cuphead is about to make some serious bank, too.

Granted, those are indie titles, but Cuphead made a serious splash. So combine the rather ravenous install base of the Switch with that, and now you kinda see why I'm quite confused with this whole P5R situation, at least when it comes to any possible Switch release. The announcement of an announcement **** however? Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom