• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait, hold up.

That wasn't Female Joker.

Conspiracy theory time.

She's talking to Akechi at this point, from what I gather. Maybe, instead of being a vocal supporter of the Phantom Thieves like Joker Classic was, if she is an FeMC, she acts like she doesn't like them to throw him off her trail.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We've been talking about the "Jane" ponytail for weeks at this point.

How do you not know about it?

TotsBS, this might be mental exhaution talking, but you're kind of being a big baby about this.

It's 4 weeks, that's barely any time at all. This isn't even the first time a company has done this.
I dunno man.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gonna be kinda weird to know literally nothing about this girl until like the day sakurai makes her playable

D

Deleted member

Wow dude, chill. It isn't like Persona 5 is 100% confirmed PS4 only.
Nah, don't worry, I'm playing it up. Whenever I see the FF13 series, I can't help but get the flashbacks.

On the real, though, this was another dumb move. I know a couple of people probably have stayed up all night for this announcement, and to just be another announcement of before? This really only leaves a lot more questions than answers. A lot of people were expecting this to be a full-on reveal, too.

I just don't see how you can just announce it already, when people have waited for a pretty damn good amount of time. I'm pretty sure Atlus must've known that Sakurai and the dev team leaked the existence of Female Joker, so really this situation is just forever confusing.

Oh well, guess I'll be playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD in April. :nifty:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
So Atlus dissappointed?
Big deal!
Insaneintherain Just made a new original song and it FLOWS!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, don't worry, I'm playing it up. Whenever I see the FF13 series, I can't help but get the flashbacks.

On the real, though, this was another dumb move. I know a couple of people probably have stayed up all night for this announcement, and to just be another announcement of before? This really only leaves a lot more questions than answers. A lot of people were expecting this to be a full-on reveal, too.

I just don't see how you can just announce it already, when people have waited for a pretty damn good amount of time. I'm pretty sure Atlus must've known that Sakurai and the dev team leaked the existence of Female Joker, so really this situation is just forever confusing.

Oh well, guess I'll be playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD in April. :nifty:
Nobody said it would be a full reveal. They said they'll reveal it in April.

I don't know why people act like getting some news early is a bad thing.

KMDP

Smash Legend

To be honest, a TV-Spot like they had is not really the best place to make a huge announcement like people were expecting.

If you only have 15 seconds of promotion time (unless you want to cut the episode short), then you have to make do.

D

Deleted member

Nobody said it would be a full reveal. They said they'll reveal it in April.

I don't know why people act like getting some news early is a bad thing.
To be fair I can’t blame people for being disappointed when they make a teaser for a teaser for another announcement.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You can always be Ace Attorney fans. Capcom hyped up 2018 to be a great year for fans.

We got the trilogy ported on every machine today, more anime, and a musical. Yeah thanks but...we already played the first part, knew about the 2nd, and the third is Japanese exclusive! That's good for the series, yes but that's not the fans...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm staying on the FeMC train for now. The fact that she matches the description of Joker's leaked costume is too important to ignore. I'm sure there's some explanation for why she has certain differences from the Joker we know. Maybe they're just giving the FeMC her own scenario instead of being straight up "Girl Mode" like P3P was.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Besides resources, dev time, priorities, a diffferent market, and power?
Persona 5 was on the PS3, so I don't think the power argument cut it.

Different market doesn't really make sense since adding Joker in Smash is hyping up Persona among the Nintendo fanbase.

The resource somewhat works, but they have such a opportunity to really start pushing Persona to be a bigger series. And porting a game probably isn't gonna take that much resources for the potential sales it would get.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's no reason for a female Akechi to exist, he's not the avatar.
aye man, we dont know diddly at the moment. could be an MC, it couldnt be an MC, it could be FemAkechi, I couldnt be FemAkechi. Or in my head It could be P3P Fem MC, it couldnt be P3P fem MC.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
kinda wonder if they gonna make this girl an echo fighter with joker if she's a different character

unlikely since she was found as a skin, but it would kinda suck to lose out on 4 joker skins for a character that isn't even him

D

Deleted member

Persona 5 was on the PS3, so I don't think the power argument cut it.

Different market doesn't really make sense since adding Joker in Smash is hyping up Persona among the Nintendo fanbase.

The resource somewhat works, but they have such a opportunity to really start pushing Persona to be a bigger series. And porting a game probably isn't gonna take that much resources for the potential sales it would get.
The switch has enough power to run Persona 5 (presumably), but porting a game to sufficient standards takes resources and time. Look at Assassin’s Creed 3, that game can run well on the switch but the port isn’t looking great because porting a game to a different console with a different architecture takes time and money. Atlus is a busy company working on quite a few different projects now, it likely just isn’t worth the investment in man power to port the game. Sure, smash hypes up Persona to an extent, but that’s only the people who like smash, and out of those only the people interested in Joker. Looking at it from Atlus’ perspective, I can see why they haven’t ported it yet.

KMDP

Smash Legend
aye man, we dont know diddly at the moment. could be an MC, it couldnt be an MC, it could be FemAkechi, I couldnt be FemAkechi. Or in my head It could be P3P Fem MC, it couldnt be P3P fem MC.
*puts on tinfoil*

Persona 5: The Royal is the grand return of the P3P FMC, entering the scenario of the Phantom Thieves from an outsider's perspective.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's new avatar time for me already. As much as I love Silvally I had to go back to my dragon shtick eventually.

And oh hey it just so happens to match my premium username and banner, nice.
Not an ad. #NotAnAdForPremium

osby

Smash Obsessed
The switch has enough power to run Persona 5 (presumably), but porting a game to sufficient standards takes resources and time. Look at Assassin’s Creed 3, that game can run well on the switch but the port isn’t looking great because porting a game to a different console with a different architecture takes time and money. Atlus is a busy company working on quite a few different projects now, it likely just isn’t worth the investment in man power to port the game. Sure, smash hypes up Persona to an extent, but that’s only the people who like smash, and out of those only the people interested in Joker. Looking at it from Atlus’ perspective, I can see why they haven’t ported it yet.
Adding to this: ATLUS isn't a big company and Persona Team is even smaller.

*puts on tinfoil*

Persona 5: The Royal is the grand return of the P3P FMC, entering the scenario of the Phantom Thieves from an outsider's perspective.
You didn't see the end of the P3, did you?

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Adding to this: ATLUS isn't a big company and Persona Team is even smaller.
Makes sense I guess. I am personally pretty confident P5 will be coming, just when is the question.

osby

Smash Obsessed
idk man, An announcement for an announcement that announces a game and an unknown chick that will be announced next announcement is pretty annoying
There was no announcement for an announcement, we just got two different teasers for April, that's all.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, I'm not surprised Persona 5 R is PS4 exclusive. They usually are. Not all hope is lost though, wasn't there multiple versions of Persona 5 leaked? I feel like I remember a Persona 5 S and if that's the case the S could stand for Switch. Honestly, if Persona 5 showed up on Nintendo Switch and it WASN'T announced by Nintendo I would be shocked. I don't know why every one else feels the opposite.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
idk man, An announcement for an announcement that announces a game and an unknown chick that will be announced next announcement is pretty annoying
Yeah, that's annoying for sure, but I mean I think some people are taking it way more personally than they probably should :p
It was some info even if was a tiny bit, so

At least presumably the real announcement is the one in April... probably

KMDP

Smash Legend
considering P3P MC got into Persona Q2 via sleep...
"Do Female Protags Dream of Ephemeral Bandits?"

Minako descends from the heavens to aid the newest Wildcard, but isn't told who she's supposed to help, and ends up mistaking Akechi for the Good Guy.

An "Another Side, Another Story" game that focuses on different characters within the same time period within the original game can be an interesting experience, it worked for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom