• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't get it, because male characters get subjected to the same stuff all the time
Especially in this thread

While I agree that people get totally overbearingly disturbing with it sometimes, coming from someone who is into fanservice and stuff like that, I really don't get being so adamant about dudes liking female characters for their looks when the **** doesn't just happen to female characters lol

Idunno, maybe it's just me
well, sorry I find it creepy and uncomfertable how fast people are to make a picture or mod of a new girl character naked

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
well, sorry I find it creepy and uncomfertable how fast people are to make a picture or mod of a new girl character naked
We don't disagree there, I promise
But every time a female character is brought up it seems like you're right and ready to talk about how guys are creepy with female characters haha

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
We don't disagree there, I promise
But every time a female character is brought up it seems like you're right and ready to talk about how guys are creepy with female characters haha
well, People in general, are creepy with female charracters but I guess thats a personal problem

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I am just waking up but let me get this straight:

This female character is a first year student at Shujin

This character said she didn’t like the Phantom Thieves or the way they do things

She fits the description of the coding/files

I mean, the fact that she’s a “first year” disqualified her as “female Joker”, immediately considering that if she were to replace Akira/Ren she wouldn’t fit the plot of Persona 5 in the first place. That would make this, if she’s the main character, an entirely new game, or something added into the original story.

I’m not done with it yet, just got to a late game stage that I won’t spoil (it’s real epic), but what I will also say is that if you’re scared that it won’t be on Switch just be patient. There’s no reason to freak out when we literally have 4 weeks until the next announcement. 4 weeks is N O T H I N G.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This character said she didn’t like the Phantom Thieves or the way they do things

I mean, the fact that she’s a “first year” disqualified her as “female Joker”, immediately considering that if she were to replace Akira/Ren she wouldn’t fit the plot of Persona 5 in the first place. That would make this, if she’s the main character, an entirely new game, or something added into the original story.

I’m not done with it yet, just got to a late game stage that I won’t spoil (it’s real epic), but what I will also say is that if you’re scared that it won’t be on Switch just be patient. There’s no reason to freak out when we literally have 4 weeks until the next announcement. 4 weeks is N O T H I N G.
Remember though, there are people here who went mad having to wait another week after a Nintendo Direct got delayed

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Remember though, there are people here who went mad having to wait another week after a Nintendo Direct got delayed
how dare those hundreds of dead and injured japanese citizens get in the way of my bi-monthly dose of advertising

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
well, People in general, are creepy with female charracters but I guess thats a personal problem
The internet is hormonal and I think female body types are just more interesting to look at and draw than guys sometimes?
Curvy vs blocky, etc

That's about the gist of it.

Even if 4 weeks is "long" for some people, April is bound to be jam packed with new things for some reason so

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
female body types are just more interesting to look at and draw than guys sometimes?
tbh i can understand this notion in things like RPGs - girls in pokemon gen 6/7 have a way bigger variety of clothes to choose from, and in FFXIV female characters just flat out get more cosmetic clothing items per patch than males, so i usually end up going female characters

or maybe that's just commentary on the fashion industry idk

D

Deleted member

Lol of course January was teasing a teaser for P5R.

Based off of what we've seen, I'm not sure the new girl is F!Joker. Somethin' weird is going on with P5R.

D

Deleted member

Lol of course January was teasing a teaser for P5R.

Based off of what we've seen, I'm not sure the new girl is F!Joker. Somethin' weird is going on with P5R.
Yeah. I mean, people will be really happy when they find out it’s actually Sans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
tbh i can understand this notion in things like RPGs - girls in pokemon gen 6/7 have a way bigger variety of clothes to choose from, and in FFXIV female characters just flat out get more cosmetic clothing items per patch than males, so i usually end up going female characters

or maybe that's just commentary on the fashion industry idk
Yeah
I tend to go female in things like RPGs too

Not to mention, in RPGs where the body differences are way over the top, it's just nicer to look at a slimmer shape over gigantic hulking muscles or something

Despite the obvious disparity in "female vs male armor", because that will always be kinda bull**** lol

Fire Emblem is great because a lot of the characters regardless of gender are pretty nice looking.

Camilla is not one of them lol

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Ugh, I have exams next week, and my arm will probably die writing. Then my nerves will come back.

Yeah

Not to mention, in RPGs where the body differences are way over the top, it's just nicer to look at a slimmer shape over gigantic hulking muscles or something

Despite the obvious disparity in "female vs male armor", because that will always be kinda bull**** lol
Okay.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah, but her dialogue makes it seem like she's against the Phantom Thieves.

Not sure what angle they're going for.
guessing she's a different character and the royal is a spinoff, and it's an alph/olimar situation

D

Deleted member

Yeah

Fire Emblem is great because a lot of the characters regardless of gender are pretty nice looking.

Camilla is not one of them lol
I imagine it goes something like this.

“Hey, so for this male character, sense he needs to be ready for battle, we’ll give him battle armor, right?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“Now, for this female characters, we’ll give her skampy clothing with literally 0 armor. Cool?”

“mmmmm yes i dig that oooo”

Ugh, I have exams next week, and my arm will probably die writing. Then my nerves will come back.

Okay.
Good luck!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Quality contribution, what's up Iridium? Lol.

I imagine it goes something like this.

“Hey, so for this male character, sense he needs to be ready for battle, we’ll give him battle armor, right?”

“Yeah, sounds good.”

“Now, for this female characters, we’ll give her skampy clothing with literally 0 armor. Cool?”

“mmmmm yes i dig that oooo”
And it's rather annoying most of the time.
Like, if girls get skimpy armor then guys should too tbh

D

Deleted member

guessing she's a different character and the royal is a spinoff, and it's an alph/olimar situation
Mystic Distance is thinking P5R isn't the P5 rerelease and it's a new game. He's thinking the rerelease is P5S, and that's what Switch is getting.

D

Deleted member

I understand that but thats not the point Im trying to freaking make but nvm it
I honestly think both points stand. I typically like more female characters because I find them more likeable than male characters, and that doesn’t make me a pervert... I hope.

For clarification, though, there are some awesome make characters.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I know diddly squat about Persona so I, as usual, have nothing to contribute to the discussion. I was hoping we’d get P5 on Switch so I could check it out, but ah well.

I hate Olimar/Alph situations (taking two completely different characters and mashing them in the same spot) so for my sanity I hope Jane is F!Joker, though I know it seems a bit selfish.

Also I’m finishing Pokémon White 2 finally and damn this is a pretty good Pokémon game.

osby

Smash Obsessed

That's why Persona 4 is great: Girls have bikini armors, guys have towels. Both are useless.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
While I get people wanted a Female Joker, I personally think it cheapens the character itself to do a “nuJoker” or “nuCharacter”.

I said the same thing when it came to making Iceman gay. Like yes, it’s inclusive for a wider audience, but make an authentic character with their own backstory. Give them their own perspective instead of just “the exact same thing but as a girl”.

I mean frankly, there are reasons why just slapping a female skin as Joker wouldn’t work well with the current storyline of Persona 5, unless they changed a decent amount of things. I will say that I don’t have experience with any previous titles in the Persona series, but they’d probably have to rework quite an amount of the plot, romance options, dialogue, etc. if they’ve done that before, then fine. But I also don’t think girls should just have to play “Persona 5 but as a girl” with nothing that makes her “seem” like a girl. Make her an authentic character that doesn’t rely on the males story before her.

I mean maybe they should consider spicing it up with a female main character for the next game? But then again, how long would that be?

Idk, it would be fine to make a female mc for the game in theory. It’s inclusive for new players...but I honestly just feel like that sort of thing works better when you can actually customize the character and the identity of your character impacts nothing but the romance arcs.

I mean, while they COULD have a female character just do all the same stuff but with new romance options, the Kawakami storyline would likely have to be completely rewritten to make a bit more sense. Anime cutscenes would likely have to be changed to edit out either innuendos or things that are more or less perverted for a guy. At that point, why not make a unique storyline with a new character that fulfills a slightly different role?

D

Deleted member

This.

I mean, it honestly just gets repetitive for me, and I’m not a general fan of fanservice to begin with. I mean, I don’t need to get turned on to like a character. In fact, I tend to dislike “sexy” characters unless they’re just really good as characters.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Eh, I just understood what you were saying. I have nothing else to talk about at the moment.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo wait the P5 stuff was this morning, did they reveal anything?
Not much past the fact that there's some new female character that was basically a false alarm for female Joker, who seems to be the Persona 3 female protagonist or something (?)

Also it's called P5: The Royal

D

Deleted member

Not much past the fact that there's some new female character that was basically a false alarm for female Joker, who seems to be the Persona 3 female protagonist or something (?)

Also it's called P5: The Royal
So basically Fortnite meets Persona. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom