• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Female Joker is a redhead. She's the protagonist of Persona 5: The Royal.
PS4 exclusive, out April 24th. Nintendorks destroyed.

I wonder if that date is to closely release the game near Joker's release in Smash? Obviously most people expected mid April at the earliest anyway, but it's something!
Has it been confirmed PS4 exclusive, or is it only announced for the PS4 as of now.

D

Deleted member

So this was an announcement people waited three months for after the previous announcement in January, only for another announcement to come near the end of April that falls in line with the Female Joker code in Smash Ultimate, even though Persona 5 The Royal is a PlayStation 4 exclusive.

...Y'know what, Square Enix, you're forgiven. Monolith Soft still the king, but all your sins are forgiven.

Thanks for only a few seconds for another announcement of an announcement, Atlus.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
D2V4U6WUgAAOU9b.jpg
D2V4UV0UgAEdtZF.jpg

Here are some shots of Female Joker's model from behind (boy this feels familiar)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Persona 5 R is PlayStation 4 exclusive. Tease of Female Joker. And they literally only shown it in a few seconds.
This is literally all only a tease and are doing the full reveal on April 24th.

This actually hurts.

View attachment 200344
ahh the announcement for an announcement. I never gets old.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I get that. It just seems...

weird to me :yoshi:
Well, thankfully, a look like that was never used in the series.

...Actually, thinking of it, isn't it really weird (and kind of dumb) that Naruto with half of Kurama's power is still as strong as Killer Bee's Tailed Beast (who I can't remember the name of)?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
this chick aint as exciting as everyone throught it would be tbh That was the most anticlimactic thing I have ever seen
The announcement wasn't exciting, but I like what I've seen as far as Female Joker's design, and the fact that she's in Smash.

Wait, hold up.

That wasn't Female Joker.

Edit: what

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So happy Joker is finally out of the closet.
>Redhead
Didn't expect that but oooh, I'll take it
Ponytail more than confirms she's in Smash too which is nice because I'm gonna main her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Wait, hold up.

Imma throw a BS Guess thats its Persona 3 portable Fem!MC that somehow made it there because come ooonnn, that looks exactly like her

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait, hold up.

she straight up has a ponytail tho

it could be a sequel with a different character in joker's role but they've hung us out to dry with nothing else until april 24th anyway

she's also a first year instead of a second year which is confusing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just came back. So they followed up their teaser trailer telling us to check in at another date with a teaser trailer telling us to check in at another date? Pretty epic.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
At least Altus has the sense to show something after the long wait. Sombra on the other hand......

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it could be a sequel with a different character in joker's role but they've hung us out to dry with nothing else until april 24th anyway

she's also a first year instead of a second year which is confusing
This, if anything, is what has me ****ing dying the most.

So not only you deconfirm Persona 5 ever coming to Switch, only make it an announcement of an announcement again, but it's for literally another month of waiting.

At this point ****ing Smash Ultimate will do the reveal before Atlus does, Christ lmaoooo.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Galaxy brain: "Jane" was originally a costume, but will be an echo later in development.

D

Deleted member

I don’t really know why people are surprised it’s still an exclusive. Hasn’t this happened pretty much every single time a third party character has gotten into smash?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So do most girls in games and atlus being atlus isnt gonna say wither or not it is what we think it is

but. now people are saying she is a female Akechi. Like, Hell no, Akechi is fine the way he is, he dont need no girl version

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
apparently from the way they worded it it sounds like it might be a brand new game/sequel in the vein of things like FF13-2?

i wonder if she'd actually get arsene in smash or if she'd use another persona with reskinned abilities

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

So not only you deconfirm Persona 5 ever coming to Switch, only make it an announcement of an announcement again, but it's for literally another month of waiting.

At this point ****ing Smash Ultimate will do the reveal before Atlus does, Christ lmaoooo.
Sakurai gonna be like Utada with Face My Fears and threaten to leak it themselves if the other company doesnt get their act together

KMDP

Smash Legend
How did I not know about this
We've been talking about the "Jane" ponytail for weeks at this point.

How do you not know about it?

TotsBS, this might be mental exhaution talking, but you're kind of being a big baby about this.

It's 4 weeks, that's barely any time at all. This isn't even the first time a company has done this.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I don’t really know why people are surprised it’s still an exclusive. Hasn’t this happened pretty much every single time a third party character has gotten into smash?
That is because when third party start flooding in, Wii U was tanking in sales. Now that Switch is crazy successful, it really doesn't make sense not to port a game to it.

Plus, Bayonetta was flat out exclusive twice.

D

Deleted member

apparently from the way they worded it it sounds like it might be a brand new game/sequel in the vein of things like FF13-2?

i wonder if she'd actually get arsene in smash or if she'd use another persona with reskinned abilities
NO. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO.

ATLUS BETTER NOT CAUGHT THE FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS CURSE.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY PERSONA 5 ON MY SWITCH.

oh goD OH GOD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom