• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
P5S was a domain registered by atlus, tho they register dozens of domains they never use to throw off speculation

really the only thing p5 switch has going for it is the expectation from joker, and even that kind of logic has almost never worked out in the past with third parties
I mean, Final Fantasy VII is coming to the Switch, nothing was stopping Simon, Mega Man, Pac-Man, or Sonic. SFV was FUNDED by Sony so CAN’T come to other platforms (despite Capcom clearly wanting it too), Bayonetta already is, and Snake hasn’t had a new game sense 5 (back in the days where the Wii U was WAY to underpowered to run a game like that and no one wanted to put games on it, Konami is just being Konami with the series. You know they’re gonna port and port and port. Milk those titles for all they’re worth).

It’s a case by case basis, but I can’t see them NOT wanting a Switch Version of Persona 5. There’s been a portable version for the past two installments, and way more people have a Switch then they do a PSP or Vita. It would be dumb not to.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH I feel like making Persona a PS exclusive is a mistake. The desire to have it on other platforms is super strong and more eyes than ever are on the brand now.

Not to mention Switch is slowly becoming the new dominant home console in Japan. If this thing is PS exclusive and Switch gets literally nothing, I'll be a bit surprised. Growing the Persona brand through getting it in more hands could only bring good things to Sega and Atlus.

Iridium

Smash Hero
When a player picks any of :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:, Xander Mobus does not say "Mii", but "Me". Therefore, any character he has voiced would have been referenced to the whole time. In conclusion, Joker was always confirmed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just realized that the style of Joker’s reveal is very accurate to the source material. Sakurai’s doing it the Atlus way. For at least one character. Because it’s accurate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Female Joker

“I don’t like the Phantom Theives. I don’t think their methods are helping people............

I don’t think they go far enough! Ti hi!”

Please let Female Joker be a psychopathic moe.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Announcement? Announced.
Female MC? Non-existent.
Persona? Exclusive.

Yup, it’s angry fan base time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This Ally drama is something else. I wasn't really following it yesterday but hoo boy...yikes.

Roberk

Smash Champion
i mean it's probably a female MC

just not the fem joker people were hoping for
Didn’t she say that she didn’t agree with the Phantom Thieves? Isn’t she also a 1st year and not a second year? I would think a FeMC would be as much alike as Joker as possible but a girl, she seems a bit more different already.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Didn’t she say that she didn’t agree with the Phantom Thieves? Isn’t she also a 1st year and not a second year? I would think a FeMC would be as much alike as Joker as possible but a girl, she seems a bit more different already.
Who said this is gonna be the same game as Persona 5?

It could very well be a spin-off focusing on a new female character

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
wording of the current japanese tweets suggests it's a spinoff of some kind, so it's probably not following the phantom thieves themselves

plus i'd be very surprised if sakurai just decided to add something as random as, like, an aeon arcana confidant as a playable character in joker's slot

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can’t wait for Nintendo to swoop in and free us from the tournament of this information drought.
Oh boy, is it time for the Tournament Arc of this thread's anime?

This ain't your normal Hunger Games craze, fellas
This week, you all will fight each other in Smash Ultimate Thread: Pseudo Decisive Game Tournament
Coming soon ;)

Whether or not I'm serious depends on how people feel about that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How can you tell what year she it? Something about her uniform? I’m not from Japan so their uniform system illudes me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Who said this is gonna be the same game as Persona 5?

It could very well be a spin-off focusing on a new female character
wouldn't even surprise me if it's just, like, a shorter 30 hour game available digitally on the PS store in the vein of things like torna the golden country

How can you tell what year she it? Something about her uniform? I’m not from Japan so their uniform system illudes me.
students at joker's school wear numbered badges from 1 to 3; joker wears a 2, this girl wears a 1

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Is it not though? There are perfectly good reasons why she could be saying that as a civie and still be Joker. The trailer really didn’t tell us ANYTHING if you think about it.
most of the time, a female version of a character still looks like the male counterpart, just female. This chick looks nothin like Ren pff

basickly, genderbent characters look the same. just one is a girl now

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think we’re thinking of this all wrong. She’s not Ren Amamiya, but she can still be Joker. What if she’s his successor or something. Like, she takes up his mantel after the end of 5.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think we’re thinking of this all wrong. She’s not Ren Amamiya, but she can still be Joker. What if she’s his successor or something. Like, she takes up his mantel after the end of 5.
from the way she's being interviewed tho it sounds like this is slap bang in the middle of 5's events

idk none of this makes complete sense and now we have to wait over a month to find out more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom