• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah I was going to ask what you meant by that I was confused as I didn't know if you meant in the game or in the trailer. Has there been any reveal like that? Using two songs? I can see Armed Boss being used for the Gameplay/Showcase but I've never really payed attention to that sort of stuff.
I know quite a few have like :ultcloud: and :ultshulk:

D

Deleted member

Okay I've brought up the ToP arc in DBS twice today (Once earlier and once right now) and that's because I'm rewatching it in dubbed but they also missed a huge opportunity to use Buu in there, it would've been cool too! Buu is my favorite DB villain so I would've loved to see him in there fighting for Universe 7, He trained hard too but they did a bait and switch.

I wonder why?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean, if we're talking about Geno there's really only one song his reveal trailer could have.
It's like, literally his theme song.

D

Deleted member

I know quite a few have like :ultcloud: and :ultshulk:
They could also do it like the Belmont showcase have that Castlevania song play when in his reveal and while Sakurai talks they use a different song while he showcases him.

I do think BTFM would work better and is more likely to be used though.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Lol. I don't care about my actual GSP or rank.

What I care about is that I constantly feel like I'm regressing or not improving.

And when you start the night with 2.9mil and drop to 800k you know you're doing poorly.
Algorithmic ranking systems have always been wack and not a very accurate measurement of one's skill. Don't take it seriously.

My brother is really good at Counter Strike: Global Offensive. He currently has o ver 2,000 hours in the game. But for some reason, he's never been able to get above a Silver rank in the game. Both friends and strangers have remarked that he should be much higher than that, and he's often been accused of having a "smurf" account (a new account highly-skilled players use to play with newbies or lesser skilled players), but his hours say otherwise.

Then there was me 10 years ago in Halo 3 trying to get above a 39 skill level, winning games and gaining no points, and then losing a game and getting knocked down to 37 or 36. Why? It had to do with a bunch of invisible, intangible factors, including my playing history. It's possible that if I started a new account, I'd be able to get a way higher skill ranking, because I wouldn't be weighed down by whatever nebulous factors were making it difficult to go up.

Or several years ago, Battlefield 4 had a "skill" stat that fluctuated wildly between games. My K/D and SPM stats were very good and consistent, but the skill stat kept flying up and down, usually due to an occasional poor game I might have had. Eventually they removed the stat altogether, because it sucked and didn't make any sense.

That's what GSP is. It's trying to quantify something that can't be quantified, and almost no game has done this well. You're not regressing, you just had some bad games and a flawed system took it out of proportion. I've seen dozens of people mention the same issue here and elsewhere.

That doesn't mean a high GSP doesn't require skill and isn't something to be proud of, but the way it handles losses is obviously messed up, and it's nothing new in the world of ranking systems. It's just unfair and poorly thought out.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of the titles people make to upload bootleg recordings of Broadway shows onto Youtube are fantastic.

D

Deleted member

I didn't vote last time because, honestly, neither of those outcomes were preferable for me. I don't want a radical making my nations choices. Give me someone who can have abstract reasoning and grow with their country, please.
I wasn't old enough to vote. But I wouldn't have voted either. In my mind giving Hillary the vote is saying to the democratic party "yeah, keep being pro establishment corporatist shills". Which is not what's needed, what's needed is systematic change, not to keep the establishment the same it has been for years. And if they're continually given that power they have no reason to change.

Not like it matters because I'm in California. And California always goes democrat , but still.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The whole Battle Royale thing got big cause of Dragon Ball Super's ToP Arc Change my mind.

Louise

Smash Cadet
hello again everyone almost the weekend that means playing smash and doing world of light again

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Someone needs to tell all these Quickplay Belmonts they have movement options other then roll.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh ****, wait a minute. It's already the 22nd. Joker is right around the corner...

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring and say we'll get a Direct either the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of April, and Joker will launch directly after that alongside 3.0

And then I'll have hours of content to watch on Youtube about people talking about/analyzing/playing the new **** so I won't be bored for awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom