• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This thread, when a topic other than Smash is brought up: "Can't we like, ugh, talk about Smash for once?"
Also this thread: *doesn't play Smash*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really close to getting :ultridley: back into Elite Smash, so I guess I'll finish that up in the upcoming weeks then get back to doubling down on :ultpokemontrainer:. My Squirtle combos could always use some more polish and could stand to know :ultivysaur:'s d-throw/up-b kill confirm window a little bitter against different weight classes and falls speeds.
Honestly I would say just stick with PT. PT is already hard work, considering mastering him requires you to master three characters, and he doesn't really have too many bad matchups, which is really the only reason you should pick up a secondary in the first place. To put it in other words:

Let's say you and a guy have both been playing Ultimate for about the same time. You've put 50% into PT and 50% into Bowser, while this guy rolled 100% of time in his D3. While you may have the same level of basic skill and fundamentals, he has a greater understanding of his character's ins and outs, so he'll probably win. It's safer to have one reliable character then two not-so-reliable characters.
I do really hate the :ultmegaman: match up which :ultzelda: can potentially help with, but I'm not sure if she's quite up to snuff for that yet. I guess Zelda is the hardest part about this for me. She does have some relevant match ups she can help PT with. Realistically I'll admit :ultfox: would probably help in a lot of those matchups even more but Zelda is more fun to me and is also somewhat easier to learn.

I guess there's also a part of me that wants to show off and say "hey, look at all the characters I can play!". TBH showing off that I could play a low tier was part of the reason my loyalty to Charizard was so strong in Smash 4, so now that PT is back I guess that's kind of transformed into wanting to show off general flexibility.

D

Deleted member

This thread, when a topic other than Smash is brought up: "Can't we like, ugh, talk about Smash for once?"
Why would I play a stinky nerd game for stinky nerds

I'm cool and hip

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Darn, he found out we're all the same people in this thread, guys. The ruse is over.

D

Deleted member

I'll have you know that I play Smash at least 6 hours a week...
I can only play on weekends right now tho, that number will more than double soon

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I haven’t played smash in a month or so either

I guess we could go back to talking about smash or something idk

When Katalina??

D

Deleted member

Back by popular demand, it's chapter 2!

"So let me get this straight." Asked a befuddled @tehponycorn. "That Ramen shop wasn't your palace?" Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku sighed and explained for the third time. "No, it wasn't my palace. I'm not a corrupt individual who needs his heart stolen, i'm just a guy running a shop. Now please return my noodles and get the **** away from me." Tehponycorn was kinda upset, he just got done with The Grinch's palace and he thought he was on a roll. "Oops, sorry hehe..." He then returned the ramen. Noipoi was super happy! After a fifteen hour flight on @AndreaAC's chariot, they had finally caught up to the ramen thief and secured the noodles. It was a crazy trip! They encountered a ginormous swarm of locusts that threatened to eat them alive (@ClaTheBae refused to believe in them even while they nibbled on his face). A krew of strange reptiles who gifted the group with the most badass song they've ever heard. And they even came across the bringer of lewd, the almighty @Mythra. Noipoi and Mythra were locked in a psychic duel of wits, but eventually Noipoi won and was gifted the link.

"Well, i'm glad we got that cleared up!" said Noipoi, a goofy smile on his face. "Now we can get back and eat some noodles!" However, the true adventure had just begun. Suddenly, a colossal explosion of pure evil energy shot out from the depths of the earth and into the sky. Then, as if it was never there, it vanished in an instant. "What in the ever loving **** was that?" Asked a shocked @staindgrey while @faygoshill clung onto him for protection. "I dunno, but we're gonna find out." Said a determined Noipoi, still hyped up from his victory against Mythra. "Yoshi (Are you kidding me? I don't even think I could eat that!) asked Zinith Zinith (who's name will always be Zinith to me). But Noipoi was already on his way to the source of the evil, and seeing as how he was the main character everyone was contractually obligated to follow him.

Our heroes were soon faced with a colossal fortress, the evilest fortress they had ever seen. Tehponycorn started getting excited, he has a thing about evil palaces. Guarding the fortress were a humanoid fiend (not a full fiend, more of a demi-fiend) known as @Idon. A pink, puffy jester rolling around on a ball known as @PeridotGX. And a relatively normal looking guy holding a microphone known as @NateVO. "Halt! Who dares enter the fortress of evil evilness?" asked Guardian Idon. "We don't really wanna come in, but the blue weirdo does and he's our ride sooo..." answered @Mr. Wario. "None who aren't approved by our mistress shall enter" stated PeridotGX. "And last time I checked, you guys weren't approved. So piss off!" finished NateVO. Everyone looked at each other in confusion for a short moment. "Well in that case, how exactly do we get approved?" Asked Smashing Ramen. "The only way to get approved is to pass the challenges." started Idon. 'Yes, face the challenges and appear before her." continued PeridotGX. "And she's super scary, you don't stand a chance!" finished NateVO. "No chance? That's a chance i'm willing to take!" Exclaimed Noipoi. "That's ****ing stupid." said Cla. Suddenly Idon, PeridotGX and NatevO burst into laughter. "Bahahaha! You really *giggle* you really think we're just gonna let you in? asked Idon in the midst of hysterical laughter. "Get outta here before we have to kill you!" and so the guards turned our heroes away.

They were going to head back to the ramen shop, but Noipoi heard something from behind a large stalagmite. "Psst, over here!" Noipoi led the group behind the rock formation, only to find a small western marsupial named @Opossum. A Shroob named... @Shroob. a wooden doll in a light blue sweater named @ShotoStar and a guy called Pyra Pyra . "Heard you guys wanted to get in the fortress." started Opossum. "We can help you, if you help us." Noipoi was suspicious, but he loved animals so he decided to listen. "The dark queen resides in that castle, and if we don't act quick there could be big trouble. If you help us defeat her, we'll let you in the castle with us." Noipoi was already planning to defeat an ancient evil today, so this was right up his alley! "Alright, let's get this bread!" Noipoi shook Opossum's paw, and off they went.

The fortress was dark and dank, and was engulfed in an eerie aura. "Zoinks, I hope we don't run into any g-g-g-ghosts!" whimpered a freaked out Faygoshill. "Relax, ghosts aren't real. Like Giraffes." Cla said, trying to reassure everyone. "Yoshi (No, they exist. I eat em.)" responded Zinith. "Enough with the ghost talk, you're freaking Callie out!" Snapped Mr. Wario, holding his cursed Callie doll. Shroob held up his purple clawed hand, signalling everyone to stop. "In front of us is the door to the dark queen's chamber." he said. Opossum then cut in with "We've done our part, but this is where we part ways. We've still got a job to do." "May the stars be with you.' said ShotoStar, offering a blessing to the group. "Don't die, dweebs" said ToasterBrains. As the radical quartet left, our original group decided to enter the dark queen's chambers. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

As they entered the dark queen's chamber, an oppressive aura immediately had everyone shivering. "N-nani?" anime'd Faygoshill. In front of them was a colossal throne constructed of crystals that seemed to emit dark energy. The throne was guarded by five mighty warriors, osby osby @Chinderblock @NonSpecificGuy Moydow Moydow and a penguin named..he didn't have a name. He was @Just a penguin. Sitting on the throne was the most evil person they had ever seen, the mistress of mayhem, the princess of pain, the empress of evil, Dark Queen Cyn Cyn ! "Ah, I see you've arrived." she said, her voice slow and despicable. "Are you the one who's gonna destroy the world or something?" asked Noipoi, ready to fight this evil being. Cyndane however seemed shocked, appalled even. "What? destroy the world, me?" she asked, eyes wide. "My dear boy, that would be evil! And that's so not me!" Yeah, no one was buying it. This chick is evil. "Alright fine, i'm gonna destroy the world. But i'll give you a chance to save it." Everyone would be lying if they said they weren't intrigued. "If you beat my game, then i'll give you chance to save this pathetic world." Beating a game? These guys lived to play games!
They all immediately rose up like true gamers to the challenge, eager to take the Dark Queen on. "What game are we playing?" asked Noipoi, ready to win. Cyndane smiled an evil smile, and looked upon the group with a psychotic glee. "You'll take part in..."

"My Hunger Games!"

me_irl tbh

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Almost all of my good characters in Smash have gotten their GSP lowered because my charger used to not work and thus I disconnected often. Pretty sad, I really want to get in Elite with my mains but now I can’t. Hopefully one day I can be saved through hacking :D

D

Deleted member

Why would I play a stinky nerd game for stinky nerds

I'm cool and hip
You have a Malos icon, you gave up any right to be hip a long time ago
Not necessarily the same users :yoshi:
The thread not playing Smash and the thread wanting to talk exclusively about it is a Venn Diagram and it's a round circle.
Darn, he found out we're all the same people in this thread, guys. The ruse is over.
*she
Also, no, I'm only the half that actually plays Smash. I have yet to expand my consciousness onto the others.
I haven’t played smash in a month or so either

I guess we could go back to talking about smash or something idk

When Katalina??
Forget Katalina, Granblue said trans rights, I want Cagliostro and Ladiva

D

Deleted member

Wait a second...
Ultimate Social Bread?
BREAD?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

> Cuphead comes to Switch
> Microsoft pushed for Cuphead coming to the Switch more than Studio MDHR themselves

IMG_20190317_074709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom