• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If this is your way of scaring me away from Naruto it's working
Let me explain a little more, to scare you further.

So, Madara was deemed too OP by Kishimoto, and he was like "**** dude, how do I end this story when my protags can't even beat the final boss?" So, like any good DM, he introduces a new character who kills the old bad guy but somehow is weaker than the old bad guy meaning they can be defeated.

Kaguya_full_appearance.png

Enter Kaguya Otsutsuki, A Giant Space Flea From Nowhere, who apparently had been chilling in the moon this whole time, and also is apparently the origin of chakra, who wants all modern ninja dead because they aren't using chakra the way she wants them to.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
While I'm on my music loving spree...
The best Pokemon Theme. Period.
I've how it goes from a wonderful marching band esque triumphant adventure starter to:
A somber reflective lullaby. Musical genius. How to remake a theme correctly right here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Let me explain a little more, to scare you further.

So, Madara was deemed too OP by Kishimoto, and he was like "**** dude, how do I end this story when my protags can't even beat the final boss?" So, like any good DM, he introduces a new character who kills the old bad guy but somehow is weaker than the old bad guy meaning they can be defeated.

Enter Kaguya Otsutsuki, A Giant Space Flea From Nowhere, who apparently had been chilling in the moon this whole time, and also is apparently the origin of chakra, who wants all modern ninja dead because they aren't using chakra the way she wants them to.
Why not just have Naruto use talk-no-jutsu?

No seriously why didn't he do that?

D

Deleted member

Politics scare me because I know nothing about them yet they're so important to my life and I know that I'm going to have to deal with it sooner or later

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hot Take: Ignorance can be even more dangerous then apathy.

An apathetic person might not vote. An ignorant person might be easily persuaded to vote for the wrong thing. Ya know, like a certain buffoon who made his way into office through promises he had no ways of keeping, often to fix problems that were blown out of proportion or didn't actually exist. I'm not going to name him because this post is already bending the rules on political discussion here but I'm sure a lot of you can guess who I'm talking about. I'm not saying don't vote, I'm saying know what you're voting for and why. Use critical thought and question what you hear.

The worst part is that a lot of people who don't have any clue what they're talking about think that they do. Overconfidence is dangerous. Remember to remain humble and know that no one has all the answers.

Anyway that's all the politics you'll get from me today. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why not just have Naruto use talk-no-jutsu?

No seriously why didn't he do that?
The canon explanation is that when Kaguya ate the chakra fruit from the God Tree (yes, the origin of all chakra is fruit), it did something to her mind and made her impossible to reason with. Even Naruto mentions in canon that he can't quite understand her motives and why she is the way she is like he could with all his other foes.

D

Deleted member

As someone who really likes powerscaling, I really like when Jojo characters are brought up because they are beyond busted a lot of the time. I still have yet to see any parts of Jojo yet but I plan to soon. I do know that Jotaro at the very least is beyond the speed of light which is a pretty cool feat. Most of the time, the powerscaling argument goes to "character x vs goku" but I think the Jojos have good chances against powerful fiction characters considering their stupid *** feats
Literally don't even need to dig too deep, Part 2 already has the ultimate lifeform on Earth.

Also, like, Stands can only be harmed by other Stands so anyome who's not a Stand user loses by default.

Also also, ****ing Superfly could beat Goku

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I didn't vote last time because, honestly, neither of those outcomes were preferable for me. I don't want a radical making my nations choices. Give me someone who can have abstract reasoning and grow with their country, please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

we very recently informed you as to what adult internet content was. just wait before you get into politics
Hardly. Most of it was "awwww look how cute and innocent he is" instead of actually answering my questions.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hardly. Most of it was "awwww look how cute and innocent he is" instead of actually answering my questions.
Believe me, they were trying to protect you. Undoubtedly. Without a doubt. Don't ask any more questions. Be yourself. Don't fall in to the hell you're oh so curious about.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok real talk Dio over Heaven is literally the most fanfiction bull**** I have seen in any media, Ok so you have The World and it can alter reality about whatever by punching it. Sounds ****ing stupid because it is but then it somehow gets worse. Spoilers for Jojo Eyes of Heaven and the climaxes of Part 5, Part 6 and Part 7
Ok so there are 2 Stands that are actually ****ing immune to time ****ery, Gold Experience Requiem and Tusk Act 4, GER is able to move in Diavolo's 'skipped time' and go "Nah fam you didn't actually do that" and in Jorge Joestar it's confirmed that GER activated when Pucci ****ed with time to reboot the universe to the point that many alternative dimensions were made. GER successfully protected Giorno from this bull**** and Giorno wasn't aware of it. Tusk Act 4 can actually move when time is stopped as shown when fighting The World in Part 7. But NOOOOOOO Dio Over Heaven is SO special that even the Stands that quite literally ignore time ****ery suddenly can't ignore the super special time stop from DOH. But what's this? Jotaro can still move because Star Platinum and The World are still similar Stands! You know, despite Requiem LITERALLY BEING MADE BY GIORNO TO IGNORE THIS BULL**** AND TUSK ACT 4 USING THE POWER OF INFINITY TO SAY "**** YOU" TO THE LAWS OF TIME AND SPACE

D

Deleted member

I didn't vote last time because, honestly, neither of those outcomes were preferable for me. I don't want a radical making my nations choices. Give me someone who can have abstract intelligence and grow with their country, please.
Politics is about choosing the least worse, not the one you agree with

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The canon explanation is that when Kaguya ate the chakra fruit from the God Tree (yes, the origin of all chakra is fruit), it did something to her mind and made her impossible to reason with. Even Naruto mentions in canon that he can't quite understand her motives and why she is the way she is like he could with all his other foes.
No why didn't he talk-no-jutsu Madara?

Like, why not?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
As someone who really likes powerscaling, I really like when Jojo characters are brought up because they are beyond busted a lot of the time. I still have yet to see any parts of Jojo yet but I plan to soon. I do know that Jotaro at the very least is beyond the speed of light which is a pretty cool feat. Most of the time, the powerscaling argument goes to "character x vs goku" but I think the Jojos have good chances against powerful fiction characters considering their stupid *** feats
Jotaro is a particularly egregious example, because Star Platinum's abilities are literally just "whatever the plot needs it to have".

Need to examine a photo to find out where DIO is? Oh, Star Platinum has eyes that can zoom into a fly in the darkness of the background.
Stuck in the mouth of a Stand whose teeth have been basically unbreakable up until this point? Star Platinum can suddenly punch hard enough to break them.
DIO's Stand is too powerful, and his time-stopping skills can't be stopped? Star Platinum can stop time too.
(this is a non-canon example but still counts) DIO has ascended to literal godhood, and now his stand can literally rewrite reality as he sees fit? Guess what, all of a sudden Star Platinum can do that too, even though DIO had to go through an unbelievably complicated ritual that involved killing dozens of Joestars across multiple timelines to achieve his power.

KMDP

Smash Legend
But why didn't Naruto try to Talk no Jutsu Madara?

I think that's what @Shishœ was getting at.

At least Kishimoto has a modicum of integrity to release he's made the final villain overpowered and the heroes can't beat him, unlike Mr. Kubo.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Politics is about choosing the least worse, not the one you agree with
It shouldn't be. Problem is everyone is now looking to further their own self interests rather than the country's and whether one got in over the other they were going to focus on what they WANTED not what we NEEDED.

They were both least worse, and most worse, in individual department's, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

my heater isn't working and i'm actually freezing.
Wear a beanie plus a few layers of clothing and a few layers of blankets. That should work well enough.

I would lend you my Geno hat if there was some way to do that as It's handmade, Fashionable, Warm and Comfy but this isn't some sci-fi world we live in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

who is superfly bc if I know anything as a powerscaler, it's Goku feats so I can vouch for whether or not this is true
Ok, so basically, Superfly is a transmission tower that traps one person inside it.
If you try to leave it, you are turned into metal and basically die.
If you try to damage Superfly, it sends back all damage to you and heals itself back up.
It's an automatic Stand that even affected its own user.
The only way to leave it is if two or more people are inside it, as only one can be trapped, meaning luring someone in and leaving while they're still inside is the only way to escape.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ill just put characters no one talks about cause this discussion has probably been done to death with the same characters over and over
Sakura Shinguji (Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (Revision II))
MBV-04-G Temjin (In The Blue Sky)
Arle Nadja (PPeS Last from PuyoPuyo 2 (Guitar version))
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd Song -Alex Kidd in Miracle World- SEGA Sound Unit [H.] 1st Album)
Kazuma Kiryu(Outlaw's Lullaby)
NiGHTS (Theme of Tragedic Revenge)
Alis Landale (PSII Opening Theme/or PSO2 Main Theme)
Vyse (Blue Pirate's Theme)
Selvaria (Valkyria's Awakening)
Beat (That's Enough or Funky Dealer)
I’ll do a few more for a few characters I don’t see talked about that much as well, (well some of them)...

Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Vs. Champion)
Ganon (Death Mountain Ultimate Remix)
Mega Man X (Opening Stage Ultimate Remix)
Mappy (Mappy Medley Ultimate Remix)
Celica (With Mila’s Divine Protection Brawl Remix)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Literally don't even need to dig too deep, Part 2 already has the ultimate lifeform on Earth.

Also, like, Stands can only be harmed by other Stands so anyome who's not a Stand user loses by default.

Also also, ****ing Superfly could beat Goku
Except when Araki forgot that one time so Sex Pistols could get cut up by a ****ing knife

Superfly is bull**** it's a ****ing radio tower or some **** that is quite literally invincible and you can only escape by having someone take your place in the trap. Jojo is ****ing STUPID

Shroob

Sup?
When am I going to learn this stuff, then?

Do what Luke did in the Empire Strikes Back and crawl inside a carcass
Honest to god, as someone who wasn't allowed to 'be a kid' growing up, enjoy your ignorance while you can, but keep a good head on your shoulders. I don't know how old you are, but savor your childhood while you have it.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Jotaro is a particularly egregious example, because Star Platinum's abilities are literally just "whatever the plot needs it to have".

Need to examine a photo to find out where DIO is? Oh, Star Platinum has eyes that can zoom into a fly in the darkness of the background.
Stuck in the mouth of a Stand whose teeth have been basically unbreakable up until this point? Star Platinum can suddenly punch hard enough to break them.
DIO's Stand is too powerful, and his time-stopping skills can't be stopped? Star Platinum can stop time too.
(this is a non-canon example but still counts) DIO has ascended to literal godhood, and now his stand can literally rewrite reality as he sees fit? Guess what, all of a sudden Star Platinum can do that too, even though DIO had to go through an unbelievably complicated ritual that involved killing dozens of Joestars across multiple timelines to achieve his power.
At this point I think Star Platinum's explicit power is "whatever it needs at that particular moment".

Considering that the Star Tarot is the one of "bringing hope", this makes sense.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No why didn't he talk-no-jutsu Madara?

Like, why not?
But why didn't Naruto try to Talk no Jutsu Madara?

I think that's what @Shishœ was getting at.

At least Kishimoto has a modicum of integrity to release he's made the final villain overpowered and the heroes can't beat him, unlike Mr. Kubo.
Ah, well the explanation for that is simple.

Madara was just bat**** crazy. His plan was to project his Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan onto the moon so everyone would see it and fall into an infinite genjutsu, and by the time he put the plan into action, he had been living alone for DECADES with the knowledge of a stone tablet given to the Uchiha that prophesied that an Uchiha would perform this plan eventually, so there was no way to talk him out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom