• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Please, I don't wanna hear anymore political crap after the ****storm I watched on Reddit today.

I guess I'm one of the very few people left in the world who has the opinion of "Shut up and play videogames instead of killing each other over your political views."

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Please, I don't wanna hear anymore political crap after the ****storm I watched on Reddit today.

I guess I'm one of the very few people left in the world who has the opinion of "Shut up and play videogames instead of killing each other over your political views."
Well...

There's also me :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Is that a challenge? Pistols at dawn!

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm burned out on politics in general.

Roberk

Smash Champion
@ClaTheBae considering you like "Who would win?" conversations, I'm actually curious if you're familiar enough with JoJo considering the absolute bull****tery that is Giorno Giovanna. Son of a *****'s magic psychic ghost has so many ****ing powers. He can create life, meaning he can turn inanimate objects into living breathing animals he commands, if you hit said animals then the attack will instead harm you in the same way you tried to hurt the animal, if he punches someone who's actually alive, they suffer sensory overload which not only makes Giorno's punches hurt more but stops people because they can't ****ing move during this. He can also restore lost body parts and heal wounds, not to mention he can 'sense' life so he can tell if someone's on the move. He also gave more 'life' to a tree to make it age rapidly and die on the spot. Then it gets worse. Spoilers for as of yet unaired episodes for Vento Aureo, including what will be the finale
He can bring people back from the ****ing dead although it's temporary and the person needs to have a ridiculously strong will AND THERE'S REQUIEM, THE "I WIN" BUTTON. Requiem has it's own sentience and if Giorno is disabled then Requiem can still fully function without Giorno's command, Requiem has the highest possible stats for Destructive Power, Potential, Range, Speed and Durability. And then there's it's power, the ability to reset anything. If you try to do something, Requiem can go "Nuh uh that didn't happen" and then the action is erased from existence, and considering Requiem is immune to time manipulation, that's pretty ****ed. In the video games, characters with an install super lose the install if Giorno manages to activate Requiem, and Stands with forms that evolve get reset back to their weakest state. If you get killed by Requiem, you're doomed to constantly sit through a painful cycle of death, resurrection and then another painful death immediately afterwards.
Giorno is the perfect Jojo protagonist because, in a series all about asspulls, his power is to canonically create an asspull for every situation.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have I ever mentioned how much dittos stress me out? It feels like my pride is on the line whenever I fight one more then in any other match, even if I'm not playing my main.

D

Deleted member

@ClaTheBae considering you like "Who would win?" conversations, I'm actually curious if you're familiar enough with JoJo considering the absolute bull****tery that is Giorno Giovanna. Son of a *****'s magic psychic ghost has so many ****ing powers. He can create life, meaning he can turn inanimate objects into living breathing animals he commands, if you hit said animals then the attack will instead harm you in the same way you tried to hurt the animal, if he punches someone who's actually alive, they suffer sensory overload which not only makes Giorno's punches hurt more but stops people because they can't ****ing move during this. He can also restore lost body parts and heal wounds, not to mention he can 'sense' life so he can tell if someone's on the move. He also gave more 'life' to a tree to make it age rapidly and die on the spot. Then it gets worse. Spoilers for as of yet unaired episodes for Vento Aureo, including what will be the finale
He can bring people back from the ****ing dead although it's temporary and the person needs to have a ridiculously strong will AND THERE'S REQUIEM, THE "I WIN" BUTTON. Requiem has it's own sentience and if Giorno is disabled then Requiem can still fully function without Giorno's command, Requiem has the highest possible stats for Destructive Power, Potential, Range, Speed and Durability. And then there's it's power, the ability to reset anything. If you try to do something, Requiem can go "Nuh uh that didn't happen" and then the action is erased from existence, and considering Requiem is immune to time manipulation, that's pretty ****ed. In the video games, characters with an install super lose the install if Giorno manages to activate Requiem, and Stands with forms that evolve get reset back to their weakest state. If you get killed by Requiem, you're doomed to constantly sit through a painful cycle of death, resurrection and then another painful death immediately afterwards.
Giorno is such bull**** and its hilarious. Literally the only way to beat him would be to strip him naked and remove the ground beneath him.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

For a lot of people these days, someone's political views-- and thus how they vote-- directly affects their loved ones in very, very negative ways.

D

Deleted member

You're burned out on politics and you're not even 18 yet.
You ever have that one parent and friend who you would nonstop debate with growing up? You eventually start yawning after someone brings up politics before you get to college.

D

Deleted member

Usually when people say "politics is stupid" it's because they have some crazy-*** opinion they want to hide.
I don't though in-fact I don't care about Politics at all which is why I think it's dumb. Nothing more, Nothing less. Life is too short to be going at each other's throats all the time, People should just relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah but can he beat Madar Uchiha? And I'm referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah but can he beat Madar Uchiha? And I'm referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.
Hey what does any of this mean

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man you could really see my composure crack in the arena today. I had a 6-round win streak going and then I lost every match I had afterwards, including my first Squirtle withdraw SD in a while.

Even if a new arena is started, I'm gonna have to take a break already. I think some things going on in my personal life are effecting my morale in-game.
Not me, I'm just burnt out seeing both sides go at each other's throat and nothing actually coming from it over, and over, and over.
That's the thing that drives me insane. Politics is a really important topic so it's hard for me not to care about it, but when people discuss it often turns into endless loops of logical fallacies and emotions.

Human beings aren't the logic-driven creatures we think we are.

Shroob

Sup?
Man you could really see my composure crack in the arena today. I had a 6-round win streak going and then I lost every match I had afterwards, including my first Squirtle withdraw SD in a while.

Even if a new arena is started, I'm gonna have to take a break already. I think some things going on in my personal life are effecting my morale in-game.
That's the thing that drives me insane. Politics is a really important topic so it's hard for me not to care about it, but when people discuss it often turns into endless loops of logical fallacies and emotions.

One side will call you things like:

Communist, Cuck, and every ethnic slur in the book

The other will call you things like:

Incel, pedophile, and all sorts of things trying to 'expose' you

I legitimately hate both sides of the spectrum.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't though in-fact I don't care about Politics at all which is why I think it's dumb. Nothing more, Nothing less. Life is too short to be going at each other's throats all the time, People should just relax.
Politics directly effects every part of your life, from how much you pay in taxes to how and where your roads are maintained to what kind of school you can go to to what kind of bathroom you can use. You don't have to constantly talk about it, but people are "at each other's throats" because there's a large divide between parties in many major countries right now as democracies try to get their **** together and figure out how to draw the line between economic needs and humanitarian needs, all while fending off very real hate groups that are very much a problem that needs to be addressed by people.

Someone who isn't as fortunate as you probably doesn't have as much freedom to "just relax". Keep that in mind.

D

Deleted member

Politics directly effects every part of your life, from how much you pay in taxes to how and where your roads are maintained to what kind of school you can go to to what kind of bathroom you can use. You don't have to constantly talk about it, but people are "at each other's throats" because there's a large divide between parties in many major countries right now as democracies try to get their **** together and figure out how to draw the line between economic needs and humanitarian needs, all while fending off very real hate groups that are very much a problem that needs to be addressed by people.

Someone who isn't as fortunate as you probably doesn't have as much freedom to "just relax". Keep that in mind.
I'm totally gonna care about it when I'm older but like I'm underage so it's not like I have to worry about it Right Now Later? Totally, Just not right now. I understand it's important but I really don't care for it.

Anyways wake me up when the Politics discussion is over, I'm gonna go take a nap.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You ever have that problem where you love a music piece because of how short and sweet it is, and you know that, but you love it so much that you wish there was more even though you know that the length is what makes it beautiful?
Key example. I love the rift in this song, hell even the whole song, and I want more but it's already perfect despite it's length.

Weird problem, man.

Edit: A Thousand Suns is also criminally underrated.

Edit 2:
Another PRIME example.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ain't that the truth. If political discussions were more productive to my life and the lives of others, I'd be doing more of it. Just gotta lay low with it and stay consistent until the right time.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm hosting a new arena for anyone who wants in, since the last one died.

1CNN9

EDIT: Nevermind, it died because no one joined.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Have I ever mentioned how much dittos stress me out? It feels like my pride is on the line whenever I fight one more then in any other match, even if I'm not playing my main.
I try to see dittos as a learning experience as while it does feel like a competition of pride, in those matches you can pick up on tricks that you never thought to use for the character. For instance, your use of Ridley's fireballs is much better then mine in the matches we played since you tend to be more smart in using them as a neutral tool, often I usually rely on them for edgeguard pressure so by comparison I don't get as much use out of them as I could.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Edit: A Thousand Suns is also criminally underrated.
A Thousand Suns is one of the best top-to-bottom albums I've ever listened to. I know it's fun to poke at Linkin Park and the nu-metal genre from which they came, but that album just flows. There's not a wasted second on it. I can listen to it front to back without ever wanting to skip a song; it's one of those rare modern albums that's truly better when listened to as a whole, rather than as singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom