• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Please, I don't wanna hear anymore political crap after the ****storm I watched on Reddit today.

I guess I'm one of the very few people left in the world who has the opinion of "Shut up and play videogames instead of killing each other over your political views."
You're not alone.

I come to this site to talk about a lot of things but politics aren't one of them. I've see people rant and argue about them too many times, it leads to plenty of insulting and flaming, oh yes, but nothing actually productive.

I'm sorry, I get that having knowledge on politics is important to keep people aware of their country's situation and prepare for the future, but there are far better places to discuss such things than here.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You think the X-men and/or the Fantastic 4 will show up in Avengers now?
Y'know, I'm not sure of the context here but, yeah, absolutely.

At thos point I feel like the Fantastic 4 is going to be their next generation of Guardians of the Galaxy. The rag tag group that's a breakout success. I'm sure they can finally do then right. The X-Men are an absolute. There's no way they won't capitalize on the popularity of the property. Especially Wolverine, as much as I hate to see Hugh Jackman finally get replaced after 20 years.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You're not alone.

I come to this site to talk about a lot of things but politics aren't one of them. I've see people rant and argue about them too many times, it leads to plenty of insulting and flaming, oh yes, but nothing actually productive.

I'm sorry, I get that having knowledge on politics is important to keep people aware of their country's situation and prepare for the future, but there are far better places to discuss such things than here.
And besides, the Debate Hall exists :yoshi:

Shroob

Sup?
It just dawned on me.

If Joker's only going to represent P5 like Cloud does with FF7, we're going to be missing soo many bangers from P3 and P4.

This saddens me.

D

Deleted member

Hey what does any of this mean
Ok, so, Madar Uchiha js pretty op, right?
Rinne Tensei is the revived state he gets where he's immortal and has unlimited chakra
Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan is the perfect Sharingan which gives him access to the Perfect Susano(a giant indestructible armor of chakra that also has crazy destructive power) besides all the other cool stuff from the Sharingan such as precognitive abilities and Jutsu-copying
Rinnegan doujutsus with the rikidou paths ability are the abilitiies from the Rinnegan, the evolved form of the Sharingan. There are six of them: one that controls gravity, one that modifies his body into weapons, one that summons powerful beasts that follow his exact commands, one that can heal bodies, one that absorbs chakra and one that reads a person's mind before ripping their soul out of their body.
His Gunbai is just his personal weapon that can boost his Fire Jutsus and reflect physical attacks
The Juubi is the Ten Tails, the combined form of all 9 Tailed Beasts, basically a living nuke
Hashirama Senju's(First Hokage) DNA being implanted in his chest gives him the ability so he can perform Mokuton(Wood Release) kekkei genkai(bloodline technique) is so he can use said techniwues of wood manipulation that include advanced healing, durable clones, a giant statue that can deliver 100 punches in seconds and also make trees.
Yin-yang release ninjutsu js literally controlling all chakra as he sees fit.
Taijutsu is one's physical combat capabilities.
No idea what bukijutsu means tho

D

Deleted member

Honestly looking back at the ToP Arc in DBS I feel like they should've let Roshi Die when he used his "Strongest most powerful" Kamehameha and that's coming from someone who really likes Roshi in-fact Roshi is one of my favorite Dragon Ball characters.

I feel like that would've been a nice conclusion to the Character sacrificing himself for Universe 7 and his students, Shame they pulled a bait and switch cause that would've been powerful.

D

Deleted member

On a much ligher note, question: is Ultra Instinct/Powerful Shaggy still a popular and relevant meme or has it died out already?
Shaggy will never die. He lives on in us all. We breath in the oxygen that his natural body aroma produces to sustain our mortal existence.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You're not alone.

I disagree.

There is a point when a conversation gets out of control and moderators need to step in, but politically charged discussions are healthy and only lead to fights when someone wants them to. "Better places to discuss such things" is what leads to echo chambers of unchallenged thought; it's why my father gets all his news strictly from Fox News while my father-in-law gets all his strictly from CNN. The only time a mind can ever be changed is when it's put outside of its comfort zone and confronted with a notion that it wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I have people I care about who are afraid of the world because it's allowed to hate them. I'm not going to apologize for confronting people who mean them harm, whether by action or by affiliation. Letting them know that the people they hate are, in fact, people is absolutely productive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, so, Madar Uchiha js pretty op, right?
Rinne Tensei is the revived state he gets where he's immortal and has unlimited chakra
Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan is the perfect Sharingan which gives him access to the Perfect Susano(a giant indestructible armor of chakra that also has crazy destructive power) besides all the other cool stuff from the Sharingan such as precognitive abilities and Jutsu-copying
Rinnegan doujutsus with the rikidou paths ability are the abilitiies from the Rinnegan, the evolved form of the Sharingan. There are six of them: one that controls gravity, one that modifies his body into weapons, one that summons powerful beasts that follow his exact commands, one that can heal bodies, one that absorbs chakra and one that reads a person's mind before ripping their soul out of their body.
His Gunbai is just his personal weapon that can boost his Fire Jutsus and reflect physical attacks
The Juubi is the Ten Tails, the combined form of all 9 Tailed Beasts, basically a living nuke
Hashirama Senju's(First Hokage) DNA being implanted in his chest gives him the ability so he can perform Mokuton(Wood Release) kekkei genkai(bloodline technique) is so he can use said techniwues of wood manipulation that include advanced healing, durable clones, a giant statue that can deliver 100 punches in seconds and also make trees.
Yin-yang release ninjutsu js literally controlling all chakra as he sees fit.
Taijutsu is one's physical combat capabilities.
No idea what bukijutsu means tho
im literally shaking rn what the ACTUAL **** does this mean

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It just dawned on me.

If Joker's only going to represent P5 like Cloud does with FF7, we're going to be missing soo many bangers from P3 and P4.

This saddens me.

Honestly, while I love the P5 soundtrack and believe wholeheartedly it could carry an entire stage's tracklist on its own, I really hope we get some songs from other Persona games. There are so many good options.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think it's on its last legs...again.
It'll probably see a revival after a while.

Only to die yet again after that.

Shaggy will never die. He lives on in us all. We breath in the oxygen that his natural body aroma produces to sustain our mortal existence.
What if I told you there was a being even more powerful than Shaggy? So powerful, in fact, that he's the only proven individual to have killed Shaggy in battle?

D

Deleted member

I disagree.

There is a point when a conversation gets out of control and moderators need to step in, but politically charged discussions are healthy and only lead to fights when someone wants them to. "Better places to discuss such things" is what leads to echo chambers of unchallenged thought; it's why my father gets all his news strictly from Fox News while my father-in-law gets all his strictly from CNN. The only time a mind can ever be changed is when it's put outside of its comfort zone and confronted with a notion that it wouldn't have considered otherwise.

I have people I care about who are afraid of the world because it's allowed to hate them. I'm not going to apologize for confronting people who mean them harm, whether by action or by affiliation. Letting them know that the people they hate are, in fact, people is absolutely productive.
I said I don't care about Politics and I don't but People shouldn't hate each other for labels we're all human and we should all love each other. Unless you're some psychotic Pedophile or Murderer everyone deserves to be on equal terms.

That's all I'm gonna say cause I once tried to get into Politics and I really didn't like it, Which is why I now don't care about it. Plus I'm underage so I don't need to care Right Now.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
A Thousand Suns is one of the best top-to-bottom albums I've ever listened to. I know it's fun to poke at Linkin Park and the nu-metal genre from which they came, but that album just flows. There's not a wasted second on it. I can listen to it front to back without ever wanting to skip a song; it's one of those rare modern albums that's truly better when listened to as a whole, rather than as singles.
Yeah, LP really went for making an Experience rather than just an Album. The flow from The Requiem to The Radiance to Burning in the Skies is just awe inspiring.
It really sets an excellent tone for the rest of the album that I've never experienced before in music and probably never will again.
Then there's the flow from Wisdom, Justice, and Love to Iridescent that just gives me goosebumps every time I hear it.
It really sets up the closing act of the Album with a somber but hopeful transition.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On a much ligher note, question: is Ultra Instinct/Powerful Shaggy still a popular and relevant meme or has it died out already?
I've seen people think it stopped being funny when MatPat made a video on it. I guess this means MatPat is Family Guy then because people like to say things stop being funny if Family Guy tries to cash in on whatever's a popular meme at that point. Don't blame em, both are trash with writing
It means my OP character can beat your OP character
Oh no Giorno's peak of stupid powers actually has an answer to this but what IS this? What does any of this mean? Also if he's so OP then how did he lose?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I disagree.

EI can see where you're coming from on that front. I myself try to find a middle ground between the two spectrums. I just have no desire or interest to ever discuss politics here, on this website.

John F. Kennedy said it better than anyone else ever could:

I really, trully wish more people would look the positives and negatives of both sides more often. And I'll leave it that.

Shroob

Sup?
I've seen people think it stopped being funny when MatPat made a video on it. I guess this means MatPat is Family Guy then because people like to say things stop being funny if Family Guy tries to cash in on whatever's a popular meme at that point. Don't blame em, both are trash with writing

Oh no Giorno's peak of stupid powers actually has an answer to this but what IS this? What does any of this mean? Also if he's so OP then how did he lose?
So, do we talk about ZA WARULDO ova Heaven or do we pretend that doesn't exist.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It means my OP character can beat your OP character
Didn't Kishimoto himself say that Madara, Shinobi War Madara, would struggle fighting Nappa.

Or maybe that's a "It's true guys he totally said that thing!" thing.

D

Deleted member

It just dawned on me.

This saddens me.

I guess we'll see during the direct, it makes me worried as P4 is my favorite of the series overall. Im hoping that we also get Mii costumes based on the school uniforms of the other entries.

D

Deleted member

Madara was so OP Kishimoto had to write in a new villain that could actually be defeated by having him be tricked by Black Zetsu

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
George Washington, the very first President of the United States said:

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

In his farewell address. Look where we are now. There's never been a split this intense in America and it can all be boiled down to Democratic or Republican, Liberal or Conservative. The man who started it all new that this would happen, he warned us, and yet here we are.

D

Deleted member

Then what the **** is Black Zetsu? Last I read of Naruto was when ****ing Sai was introduced when did all this crazy bull**** happen?
Black Zetsu is the will of Kaguya. Madara thought it was his will and that it would work for him but then Black Zetsu betrayed him and used Madara's body to revive Kaguya.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
EI can see where you're coming from on that front. I myself try to find a middle ground between the two spectrums. I just have no desire or interest to ever discuss politics here, on this website.

John F. Kennedy said it better than anyone else ever could:

I really, trully wish more people would look the positives and negatives of both sides more often. And I'll leave it that.
And on a moral standpoint, I agree with that quote.

On a practical standpoint, one side of modern politics has and enforces a lot more hate than the other. And I'll leave it at that.

D

Deleted member

It's absolutely positively freezing in my room, my fingers are numbing.

I should probably turn the heater on.
How are you cold when you're a Fire Type?

Seriously you should probably turn a heater on since you wouldn't be able to draw without fingers and that would be a waste of talent.

Shroob

Sup?
George Washington, the very first President of the United States said:

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

In his farewell address. Look where we are now. There's never been a split this intense in America and it can all be boiled down to Democratic or Republican, Liberal or Conservative. The man who started it all new that this would happen, he warned us, and yet here we are.
I refuse to identify as any party, despite being heavily left-leaning.

While I lean Left, I have met so many vile Liberal people in the last few months that when people ask about my political views, it's a "No comment" from me, dawg.

There's good people on both sides, but the bad ones are the most vocal, and when they ARE vocal, hoo boy.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So Smash, um...

So for your wanted newcomers, what music track(s) do you want to represent them in like their reveal/character trailers? A few of my examples:

-Ryu Hayabusa (Unbreakable Determination)
-Shantae (Dance Through the Danger/We Love Burning Town)
-Rayman (Grannies World Tour)
-Banjo-Kazooie (Main Theme/Spiral Mountain)
-Nightmare (Raise Thy Sword)
Ill just put characters no one talks about cause this discussion has probably been done to death with the same characters over and over
Sakura Shinguji (Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (Revision II))
MBV-04-G Temjin (In The Blue Sky)
Arle Nadja (PPeS Last from PuyoPuyo 2 (Guitar version))
Alex Kidd (Alex Kidd Song -Alex Kidd in Miracle World- SEGA Sound Unit [H.] 1st Album)
Kazuma Kiryu(Outlaw's Lullaby)
NiGHTS (Theme of Tragedic Revenge)
Alis Landale (PSII Opening Theme/or PSO2 Main Theme)
Vyse (Blue Pirate's Theme)
Selvaria (Valkyria's Awakening)
Beat (That's Enough or Funky Dealer)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
ClaTheBae ClaTheBae considering you like "Who would win?" conversations, I'm actually curious if you're familiar enough with JoJo considering the absolute bull****tery that is Giorno Giovanna. Son of a *****'s magic psychic ghost has so many ****ing powers. He can create life, meaning he can turn inanimate objects into living breathing animals he commands, if you hit said animals then the attack will instead harm you in the same way you tried to hurt the animal, if he punches someone who's actually alive, they suffer sensory overload which not only makes Giorno's punches hurt more but stops people because they can't ****ing move during this. He can also restore lost body parts and heal wounds, not to mention he can 'sense' life so he can tell if someone's on the move. He also gave more 'life' to a tree to make it age rapidly and die on the spot. Then it gets worse. Spoilers for as of yet unaired episodes for Vento Aureo, including what will be the finale
He can bring people back from the ****ing dead although it's temporary and the person needs to have a ridiculously strong will AND THERE'S REQUIEM, THE "I WIN" BUTTON. Requiem has it's own sentience and if Giorno is disabled then Requiem can still fully function without Giorno's command, Requiem has the highest possible stats for Destructive Power, Potential, Range, Speed and Durability. And then there's it's power, the ability to reset anything. If you try to do something, Requiem can go "Nuh uh that didn't happen" and then the action is erased from existence, and considering Requiem is immune to time manipulation, that's pretty ****ed. In the video games, characters with an install super lose the install if Giorno manages to activate Requiem, and Stands with forms that evolve get reset back to their weakest state. If you get killed by Requiem, you're doomed to constantly sit through a painful cycle of death, resurrection and then another painful death immediately afterwards.
As someone who really likes powerscaling, I really like when Jojo characters are brought up because they are beyond busted a lot of the time. I still have yet to see any parts of Jojo yet but I plan to soon. I do know that Jotaro at the very least is beyond the speed of light which is a pretty cool feat. Most of the time, the powerscaling argument goes to "character x vs goku" but I think the Jojos have good chances against powerful fiction characters considering their stupid ass feats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom