• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jotaro is a particularly egregious example, because Star Platinum's abilities are literally just "whatever the plot needs it to have".

Need to examine a photo to find out where DIO is? Oh, Star Platinum has eyes that can zoom into a fly in the darkness of the background.
Stuck in the mouth of a Stand whose teeth have been basically unbreakable up until this point? Star Platinum can suddenly punch hard enough to break them.
DIO's Stand is too powerful, and his time-stopping skills can't be stopped? Star Platinum can stop time too.
(this is a non-canon example but still counts) DIO has ascended to literal godhood, and now his stand can literally rewrite reality as he sees fit? Guess what, all of a sudden Star Platinum can do that too, even though DIO had to go through an unbelievably complicated ritual that involved killing dozens of Joestars across multiple timelines to achieve his power.
You forgot "Jotaro is stuck and can't get close to the enemy? He suddenly has a move that makes him ****ing reach said enemy". Tbf Araki forgot about Star Finger too

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Ok, so basically, Superfly is a transmission tower that traps one person inside it.
If you try to leave it, you are turned into metal and basically die.
If you try to damage Superfly, it sends back all damage to you and heals itself back up.
It's an automatic Stand that even affected its own user.
The only way to leave it is if two or more people are inside it, as only one can be trapped, meaning luring someone in and leaving while they're still inside is the only way to escape.
this kind of coincides with the "no limits" fallacy in a way. stands in general kinda have that. but yeah that's quite the feat. I'm sure some marvel character has some broken **** that could handle it though, so it's probably not TOTALLY broken

D

Deleted member

It shouldn't be. Problem is everyone is now looking to further their own self interests rather than the country's and whether one got in over the other they were going to focus on what they WANTED not what we NEEDED.

They were both least worse, and most worse, in individual department's, in my opinion.
It's literally not a "both are bad situation". You say that and you basically say you don't give a **** to your country.
It's NEVER like that, there's always someone who is worse and let's not act like Trump wasn't it. Neutrality is a lie created by those in power, all you're doing is being complacent to a status quo. So what they'll fuel their own interests? That's not what you should question, you should question which one is less likely to **** up your country.

Shroob

Sup?
this kind of coincides with the "no limits" fallacy in a way. stands in general kinda have that. but yeah that's quite the feat. I'm sure some marvel character has some broken **** that could handle it though, so it's probably not TOTALLY broken
Superfly's biggest strength is that the story that it's in is set in the 90's.

Nowadays, you could just call someone on your phone, tell them the situation, have them take your place for a bit and then go find the Stand Master and toss him back in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You forgot "Jotaro is stuck and can't get close to the enemy? He suddenly has a move that makes him ****ing reach said enemy". Tbf Araki forgot about Star Finger too
Not the fighting games, though. They remember, and they will never let you forget.

D

Deleted member

I’ll do a few more for a few characters I don’t see talked about that much as well, (well some of them)...

Cynthia (Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Vs. Champion)
Ganon (Death Mountain Ultimate Remix)
Mega Man X (Opening Stage Ultimate Remix)
Mappy (Mappy Medley Ultimate Remix)
Celica (With Mila’s Divine Protection Brawl Remix)
Oh yeah while you're on this uh I would do these:

Isaac (Venus Lighthouse)
Geno (Beware the Forest's Mushrooms)
Banjo (Spiral Mountain)
i'm asking you to hug me, dammit.
I would but we're states away if not countries away so all I can do right now is offer a digital hug so

*Hug* I hope you find a way to get warm dude

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not the fighting games, though. They remember, and they will never let you forget.
Outside of punching **** really hard and stopping time, Star Finger is the only cool thing Star Platinum can do. I don't blame them.

D

Deleted member

Except when Araki forgot that one time so Sex Pistols could get cut up by a ****ing knife

Superfly is bull**** it's a ****ing radio tower or some **** that is quite literally invincible and you can only escape by having someone take your place in the trap. Jojo is ****ing STUPID
Mista is just ****ing stupid regardless. He doesn't even need a Stand, dude is just shooting Stands with a ****ing gun THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IT'S JUST A NORMAL ASS GUN
Superfly's biggest strength is that the story that it's in is set in the 90's.

Nowadays, you could just call someone on your phone, tell them the situation, have them take your place for a bit and then go find the Stand Master and toss him back in.
Okuyasu and alien dude were there already, being set in the present wouldn't change much

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

LetterO

Smash Lord
There's a stand in Part 6 called Highway to Hell. What it does is it transfers damage done to you onto a target of your choice. So basically, if you scrape your knee, their knee will also be scraped.

It just so conveniently happens that the user of this stand is a suicidal person.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Mista is just ****ing stupid regardless. He doesn't even need a Stand, dude is just shooting Stands with a ****ing gun THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON IT'S JUST A NORMAL *** GUN
Never forget that in All-Star Battle, Mista can shoot and reload his gun (without the help of Sex Pistols) fast enough to match the speed of Stand rushes.

He can shoot fast enough to counter every single one of Star Platinum's punches at FULL SPEED.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok but for real, Heaven's Door is the most busted Stand there is you can LITERALLY make your target do anything even if it's against the laws of physics and they're immobilized while the ability is being prepared like wtf

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Octopath Traveler is just a spectacular looking game. The games visuals are just stunning.

D

Deleted member

Another song I think would be perfect to use for Geno would be Fight With an Armed Boss, I like the energy it has to it.
I feel like they could build up to Geno and Beware the Forest Mushrooms better like they did with Cloud and the FF song they used most didn't know it was actually an FF song but fans knew what was going on, I feel like BTFM could work like that if they wanted to drum it up.

I also chose BTFM cause it's a more Iconic song than Fight with an Armed Boss though both could work.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Shame there aren't that many hip hop references in the Jojo names besides like 2 or 3. Which sucks because that means that Amagi Brilliant Park is still the anime with the most rap references

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ok but for real, Heaven's Door is the most busted Stand there is you can LITERALLY make your target do anything even if it's against the laws of physics and they're immobilized while the ability is being prepared like wtf
Not only that, but in Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe, it's revealed that Rohan can even use Heaven's Door on HIMSELF.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Annnnnnnnnnnd I lost all my GSP again.

Why do I play this game.

Shroob

Sup?
Shame there aren't that many hip hop references in the Jojo names besides 2 or 3. Which sucks because that means that Amagi Brilliant Park is still the anime with the most rap references
I know the guy who did the subs to that show.

"Simply put, we need to go lewder" is his work.

D

Deleted member

Honest to god, as someone who wasn't allowed to 'be a kid' growing up, enjoy your ignorance while you can, but keep a good head on your shoulders. I don't know how old you are, but savor your childhood while you have it.
Why is it so coveted to be "innocent" and "wholesome" when all of means is that you're dumber than everyone else? You people certainly don't seem scarred for life about these supposed bad things, as you certainly love discussing it every chance you get.

Shroob

Sup?
Why is it so coveted to be "innocent" and "wholesome" when all of means is that you're dumber than everyone else? You people certainly don't seem scarred for life about these supposed bad things, as you certainly love discussing it every chance you get.
We're talking through an online message board. I come off as fun and happy online but I'm poor, miserable, and half my body doesn't work properly due to medical issues.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a stand in Part 6 called Highway to Hell. What it does is it transfers damage done to you onto a target of your choice. So basically, if you scrape your knee, their knee will also be scraped.

It just so conveniently happens that the user of this stand is a suicidal person.
That was VERY oof as the character with that Stand is Alexander Mcqueen. Who committed suicide in 2010

Also I'm convined Jolyne's string powers are just there because Araki wanted to see what kind of stupid **** he can do with ****ing strings

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Um...

Boshi (Yoshi's Story Theme.... BUT METAL!!!) :yoshi:
Surprised you didn’t go for this theme

I feel like they could build up to Geno and Beware the Forest Mushrooms better like they did with Cloud and the FF song they used most didn't know it was actually an FF song but fans knew what was going on, I feel like BTFM could work like that if they wanted to drum it up.

I also chose BTFM cause it's a more Iconic song than Fight with an Armed Boss though both could work.
Fair enough, I think Armed Boss would be perfect during his actual gameplay and moveset showcase, though ideally I could see both songs in,

KMDP

Smash Legend
The only way to resist Heaven's Door is to be literally blind, or be so pissed that you don't give a **** about Rohan's art.

D

Deleted member

Surprised you didn’t go for this theme

Fair enough, I think Armed Boss would be perfect during his actual gameplay and moveset showcase, though ideally I could see both songs in,
It just depends on what mood you want the Geno Reveal to be like and what you'd want it to be like if you're going for something like Geno suddenly appears and defeats an enemy saving Mario and Crew then Battle against an Armed Boss could work, But if you wanted to go for a surprise reveal and drum it up I feel like BTFM would work better.

Both could work but it depends on what kind of trailer they'd want to go for.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Whitesnake can literally just steal your stand along with your memories.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
3.0, brother. Hopefully 3.0 will save us.
Lol. I don't care about my actual GSP or rank.

What I care about is that I constantly feel like I'm regressing or not improving.

And when you start the night with 2.9mil and drop to 800k you know you're doing poorly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We're talking through an online message board. I come off as fun and happy online but I'm poor, miserable, and half my body doesn't work properly due to medical issues.
Dang, I hope you feel better soon...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It just depends on what mood you want the Geno Reveal to be like and what you'd want it to be like if you're going for something like Geno suddenly appears and defeats an enemy saving Mario and Crew then Battle against an Armed Boss could work, But if you wanted to go for a surprise reveal and drum it up I feel like BTFM would work better.

Both could work but it depends on what kind of trailer they'd want to go for.
I could see both songs being used in the trailer like maybe have Forest Mushrooms for the buildup/reveal and Armed Boss for gameplay and showcase.

D

Deleted member

I could see both songs being used in the trailer like maybe have Forest Mushrooms for the buildup/reveal and Armed Boss for gameplay and showcase.
Ah I was going to ask what you meant by that I was confused as I didn't know if you meant in the game or in the trailer. Has there been any reveal like that? Using two songs? I can see Armed Boss being used for the Gameplay/Showcase but I've never really payed attention to that sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom