• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

People understandably complain about FE having more fighters then Kirby, DK, or Metroid but what about freaking Zelda?

In the Melee/Brawl days, it was one of the big 3 top dogs alongside Mario & Pokemon of having 4-5 characters more any series in the roster.

Why does Zelda get stuck with five characters while FE gets seven? It should be the other way around.
I say just give us a character like Skull Kid, Giraham, or a BOTW Champion. Then I think we'll be good.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of retro fighters. What chances do you think one will be among the DLC and if so who'd be the most likely?
Watch there be a Retro rep and it's Mach Rider and the Grinch leak incidentally got something right. that would be so beautifully Ironic.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People understandably complain about FE having more fighters then Kirby, DK, or Metroid but what about freaking Zelda?

In the Melee/Brawl days, it was one of the big 3 top dogs alongside Mario & Pokemon of having 4-5 characters more any series in the roster.

Why does Zelda get stuck with five characters while FE gets seven? It should be the other way around.
Because Fire Emblem has an ever-changing cast of characters and, as such, will always have characters to add. The other series you mentioned are, for the most part, static, and keep the same cast.

Dixie and maybe Impa aside, there really isn't a character left from those series who reach the same in-franchise heights as a main character in a Fire Emblem game.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because Zelda doesn't have echoes.

:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

I think you're just mad that there's 3 Links.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incienroar hate, complaining about the amount of Pokemon characters and FE?

I'm glad I bought popcorn, cuz that's a lot of salt!
popjack.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dixie and maybe Impa aside, there really isn't a character left from those series who reaches the same in-franchise heights as a main character in a Fire Emblem game.
Literally all but two of the playable FE characters only show up once in the series outside of crossover DLC, similar to other Zelda characters.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On the topic of shafted characters. I'd say Dixie is another.

What more is there to say other then she's one of the last few Nintendo All-Stars to not be in. I'm in fact actually surprised she didn't make it considering K. Rool did. I felt once he got in that she was certain surprisingly never did especially being she was gonna be in Brawl.

If I had to bring it down to the three characters I felt were shafted the most. It'd be her, Isaac and Shadow.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally all but two of the playable FE characters only show up once in the series outside of crossover DLC, similar to other Zelda characters.
Not what I'm saying.

I mean, for example, Eirika is more important to Fire Emblem than a side character is to Zelda. Main character vs side character.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dixie and maybe Impa aside, there really isn't a character left from those series who reach the same in-franchise heights as a main character in a Fire Emblem game.
What about Skull Kid? I'd argue the only TLoZ that would be left are him and Impa.

D

Deleted member

Because Fire Emblem has an ever-changing cast of characters and, as such, will always have characters to add. The other series you mentioned are, for the most part, static, and keep the same cast.

I would just handle Zelda like Mario, where it has the staple characters like the Triforce Barrers, but also have one or two other characters that are popular in the Zelda community.
Because Zelda doesn't have echoes.

:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin:
:ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

I think you're just mad that there's 3 Links.
I all I want is the Skull Kid. That's it for me.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Atleast people can’t complain about Mario characters for two reasons.

1- It’s Nintendo’s flagship series
2- People are still gunning for Toad, Waluigi & Geno

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not what I'm saying.

I mean, for example, Eirika is more important to Fire Emblem than a side character is to Zelda. Main character vs side character.
I'd argue a side character can be just as important if they're not heavily interacted with but important to the plot. Be it your Skull Kid or your Groose.

?????????????

Smash Master
To be honest, I never understood why Isaac is such a top dog to people.

I like Golden Sun. It’s good. But what made it stand out OVER the many other miscellaneous Nintendo series? We don’t have a character from Nintendo Wars, Custom Robo, or Rhythm Heaven either.

What makes Golden Sun THAT MUCH MORE of a priority?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So what would everyone’s thoughts be if we got OG Ganon as a new Zelda fighter?
My first personal choice nowadays. Tingle and then Impa for the next order of them. They feel like the most important characters after the ones already in Smash, who all have major roles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What about Skull Kid? I'd argue the only TLoZ that would be left are him and Impa.
Skull Kid I could absolutely see a case being made for, due to how iconic the mask itself is.

Also to put it out there, I'm not against side characters. Daruk is one of my long shot choices I think would be awesome. I just don't like the whole "why does ____ get less than Fire Emblem" when Fire Emblem has, thus far, only added main characters. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's namely that the FE series has a larger cast, one that changes nearly every game. I'm not much of a FE fan, and I'm at best, a mostly casual Zelda fan(I'm that dude that prefers Metroid and Mario.). Zelda on the other hand, has some core characters that stay in most titles, with only Sheik being the only one-off character.

People wouldn't care about the FE characters having 7 if 3 of them weren't based so much on Marth. But on the other hand, they wouldn't get to that number if they didn't have so many Marths and stuck strictly to unique characters. Roy is more noticeably different, but when you've got guys like Ike and Robin around, it's not as impressive. It's not a big deal though, most fighting games have one these, with SF's Shotos and Tekken's Mishimas.

Zelda would be hard to get since I don't see them pulling back an older title character(Sheik was pretty much a right place right time situation) like Skull Kid or Midna to be playable and would instead focus on some flavor of the month.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like Golden Sun. It’s good. But what made it stand out OVER the many other miscellaneous Nintendo series? We don’t have a character from Nintendo Wars, Custom Robo, or Rhythm Heaven either.

dont we have like 0 people who are from the gba games

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
To be honest, I never understood why Isaac is such a top dog to people.

That always made me curious too, not that I minded it but it’s strange.

It’s probably either because GS sold better then most of those or it introduced some people to the JRPG genre.

Either way, we’ll probably never know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk, I've never understood Sakurai's mentally of limiting the potential cast of future Smash titles solely to what was out at the time he was working on said current Smash game. Never made sense to me.

D

Deleted member

The grinch leak had Ken.

Ken was a character that everybody could see coming a mile away and with that leaked Ken Image Ken was 1000% in and nobody was surprised he got in. Mach rider on the other hand is a Character that at this point has close to 0% and nobody really talked about him/her before the Grinch Leak so that character only got "Leaked" in the Grinch Leak so if they got in it would be somebody who the Grinch incidentally got right.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hey what’s happe...

*Sees conversation about Zelda characters

*Hides Agitha moveset ideas from view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom