• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, if the 10 year statement is to be believed, I hope some solid choices for future Smash titles come up within those two years.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Seen the pic already long ago, but it is kinda cute nonetheless. Thanks for thinking about me regardless. :ultpit: :ultzss: It'd cheer me up after the nightmare I had.
Sigh, still wish proper justice of art of that ship would get love... I'd always be open to speak about it whenever you want to know more. I wanna make a difference one day.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*cracks knuckles*

Well not every other game. Some of the sports games like Strikers and Baseball depict him as middleweight.

But if I had to make a guess as to why Yoshi is heavy in Smash, it probably has to do with the original Smash using his Mario 64 model and he's a pretty big boi there...

Granted, he got lighter each entry except in Ultimate, but there...

Although if you ask me, the "Yoshi guy," it kind of makes sense to me for him to be at least heavier than the Mario Bros., and I never got the reasoning for when that's not the case :yoshi:
He carries a couple fat plumbers around all the time, he's gotta have some chunk.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even though I would've loved Chorus Kids and Mach Rider, I'm more glad it was fake because I wouldn't have wanted to lose out on an Alola Pokémon. That and a lot of people were being jerks about the whole Grinch Hoax so it probably would've left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.
Eh, you could say the same about the Box people too. Being an obnoxious **** bite isn't cool, especially when it's just a guessing game for a video game roster. You can't stop people dapping themselves up.

I was already more than content when we got Everyone back + Ridley. Then add in Simon, Dark Samus and Icineroar and I'm pretty happy.

More's usually good, but if the rumored DLC is true, I'll only really have Ryu Hayabusa to look forward too. And that's fine because the base roster is clean.

D

Deleted member

The only way Isaac's going to be even considered for Smash is if Golden Sun rises from the dead, and that alone is a challenging task in and of itself.
he's so brainless the final boss fight is anticlimactic.
Says you.

D

Deleted member

So what if the Grinch Leak had turned out to be true. How much would people like this game more and how more would you guys like it?

I'd be pretty darn happy I mean its got Banjo after all. Plus the Golden Sun fans would also get their boy so it'd be win-win.
I wouldn't ask for anything ever again. The Smash bros roster would be complete in my opinion. So yeah I would be pretty **** happy

edit: If anyone's ever seen my sig it has all the grinch leak characters for a reason. Man was that week so, so fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’m just miffed that whoever made the Grinch hoax is the real life example of a karma houdini, anyone could tell that he and alongside Mariotehplmuber planned this leak as a giant scheme towards the Smash community.

-Defamation against the French company
-Identity theft of Eric Bricard
-Complete mayhem causing insiders to get harassed by vocal believers
-Wars between Team Fake and Real
-Fooled many people and got their hopes up.

Whoever made it will never get what’s coming to them and it sucks.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So what if the Grinch Leak had turned out to be true. How much would people like this game more and how more would you guys like it?

I'd be pretty darn happy I mean its got Banjo after all. Plus the Golden Sun fans would also get their boy so it'd be win-win.
Honestly, as cool as Incineroar is, his loss would be well worth the addition of longtime wants like Geno, Isaac, Shadow, and Banjo, as well as the cool additions of Mach Rider, Ken, and of course, Chorus Kids.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only way Isaac's going to be even considered for Smash is if Golden Sun rises from the dead, and that alone is a challenging task in and of itself.

Says you.
Says everyone that expects a non-****ty "boss" fight.

Ganon wasn't a fight.
Hell, it wasn't even a puzzle.

It was Link's Crossbow Training.

What a perfect buildup of emotions and music and fighting leading up to a terrible final boss.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, in his beast and Calamity forms (I’m unfamiliar with the Zelda series), does Ganon/dorf retain his intelligence?
Blue Pig Ganon is fairly intelligent in the 2D games, smart enough to set up plans of taking over the world and all that, but doesn't talk much as far as I know. So no coveting the wind or giving badass speeches while he dies standing up with a sword in his gut. BoTW Ganon is just a monster, so it's pretty lame when Ganon's usually a pretty cool villain.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
BotW's ending was pretty hype. TP is the one that was kind of disappointing IMO.
i've never fared against such vile tastes

Says you.
Calamity Ganon was okay, but then Beast Ganon was basically playing through a MGS4 cutscene/"gameplay" hybrid.

Thunderblight Ganon is the closest that I can say was a real fun fight.

D

Deleted member

Ganon wasn't a fight.

Calamity Ganon was okay, but then Beast Ganon was basically playing through a MGS4 cutscene/"gameplay" hybrid.

Thunderblight Ganon is the closest that I can say was a real fun fight.
I like the final battle in BOTW. I like it along with Ocarina of Time's and Skyward Sword's final battles.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I like the final battle in BOTW. I like it along with Ocarina of Time's and Skyward Sword's final battles.
Yeah and I don't, and personally, I don't see how anyone else could.

I mean for God's sake, Ganon doesn't even "battle" you. You can't get hurt unless you walk in front of him and wait for him to shoot you, because Ganon himself isn't going to do jack-diddly squat to hunt you down in the meanwhile.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Ganon wasn't a fight.

What a perfect buildup of emotions and music and fighting leading up to a terrible final boss.
Thunderblight Ganon was like the final boss before the final boss. If you didn't know what you were doing or how to do it you got ****ed at least 10 times, probably. It's an excellent use of your advanced combat techniques and the usage of your items.

how do you manage to put hella complicated boss fights next to "ay shoot him with this free slot weapon lmao"

D

Deleted member

i've never fared against such vile tastes
I liked Zant's fight more. The horseback segment of Ganon's fight was annoying, and Puppet Zelda was boring IMO.

To each their own, though. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Yeah and I don't, and personally, I don't see how anyone else could.

I mean for God's sake, Ganon doesn't even "battle" you. You can't get hurt unless you walk in front of him and wait for him to shoot you, because Ganon himself isn't going to do jack-diddly squat to hunt you down in the meanwhile.
how do you manage to put hella complicated boss fights next to "ay shoot him with this free slot weapon lmao"
Different tastes for different people is all I can say. Skyward Sword may have my favorite final battle, but I like BOTW's. ****ing shoot me if you must.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If we assume a BoTW 2 is in development (definitely possible, there are confirmed lands beyond Hyrule that are separated by chasms), I doubt Ganondorf will show up, and it'll just be either a new dude or Vaati or some ****.

I crave me another sword final boss dude, those are staples for me now. Lynels were more of a challenge than 99% of the bosses in BoTW.

I liked Zant's fight more. The horseback segment of Ganon's fight was annoying, and Puppet Zelda was boring IMO.

Zant's fight was definitely spectacular, but we're comparing botw elephant ganon to ganondorf with the sword her merked a ************ with

D

Deleted member

Did you know: Hideki Sakamoto, the creator of Smash Bros Ultimate's music theme, worked as Sound Producer on Digimon All Star Rumble?
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,241065/
Just like how Yoko Shimomura is a Composer for Ultimate? Yeah the franchise has a lot of very good composers on board. But if you meant it as that means he's in then *looks at Geno* *looks at Sora* That ain't it chief.

edit: Spelling Error, was typing with one hand holding my Laptop and the other on the keyboard

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

TBH I haven't even beat a single Divine Beast yet. I haven't put BotW back in my Switch since Smash came out. I'll need to remedy that soon.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did you know: Hideki Sakamoto, the creator of Smash Bros Ultimate's music theme, worked as Sound Producer on Digimon All Star Rumble?
https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,241065/
Your theories are very lackluster if you're implying they mean something grandiose.

TBH I haven't even beat a single Divine Beast yet. I haven't put BotW back in my Switch since Smash came out. I'll need to remedy that soon.
I still need to finish Hard Mode.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Sakurai discuss the World of Light theme song, following are some interesting points for the composer, Hideki Sakamoto and singer Erina Koga.

Koga didn't know the details of the job when she accepted Sakamoto’s invitation to work together. She happened to like Smash Bros (playing as Kirby), so she was really surprised. She didn't know Sakurai was the creator of Kirby when she met him - she looked him up afterwards.

Sakamoto submitted his first draft, and was told to redo the chorus to be more orchestra-like. Sakurai wanted it to be a song you wouldn't forget after hearing it for the first time. Easier said than done! Sakamoto struggled a lot to achieve that, and finally one day the melody came to him in the middle of the night, so he rushed to his computer to save it.He knew the main theme would have various arrangements, and that it would have vocals, but also realized that what players would be listening to the most would be the menu music. He worked a lot on editing the different arrangements. Sakurai wrote the lyrics.

About 6 months before the final recording - the song was already in a high key, and Sakurai wanted the key to change another half step higher at the end to really make an impact, but it was hard to sing and Koga just couldn't get that last high note to come out. But right before the final recording, she was able to do it! She practiced a ton to hit and sustain that long high note.

[After the song was premiered but] before Koga was publicly named as the singer, many people on social media were naming veteran singers who they thought it was. Meanwhile Koga was thinking, "But it's me!", though she couldn't say it yet (laughs). She was named as the singer on 11/28, her 18th birthday. Her name became the top search on Yahoo, greatly surprising her friends. She was actually surprised because the announcement was supposed to go out that night, but it happened during the day.

Sakamoto notes that the song was properly shown in the E3 2018 video, but if you listen closely to the game's announcement teaser from March 2018, you can hear the theme being sung in acapella (it's not Koga singing).
Koga is currently studying for university entrance exams. She thought about going to music school, but intends to enroll in a regular 4-year university, and aims to become a voice actress. She plays the new Smash and has unlocked all the characters, but she's used to Kirby, so she doesn't use the other characters at all (laughs).

The feature's final comment from Sakurai: "By the way, I don't really want to touch upon the fact that I wrote the lyrics. If it becomes like this message coming from the production side, that sort of breaks the illusion, so please don’t dwell on it."

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shoot, i've kissed my Sonic waifu pillow every morning for the past 32 years!

What does this mean for me???
Well, since it's a pillow and not an actual hedgehog, you do not have salmonella.

However, admitting that on a public forum may have much graver consequences.

.......wait a second you're not 32.

D

Deleted member

Zant's fight was definitely spectacular, but we're comparing botw elephant ganon to ganondorf with the sword her merked a ************ with
Just didn't do anything for me.

BotW's final boss was entertaining to me. Don't have any deep reason or explanation for it, I just enjoyed it. TP's annoyed me, felt it had too many phases and felt way too dragged out.

IMO, Wind Waker has the best Ganon fight, followed by OoT. In terms of bosses in general, Majora's Mask has the worst final boss in the series if you use FD's mask.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well let’s see... add 32... carrry the one....
Uh... hmmm...

I got nothing
Well, since it's a pillow and not an actual hedgehog, you do not have salmonella.

However, admitting that on a public forum may have much graver consequences.

.......wait a second you're not 32.
But Sonic’s only been around for 28 years!

That too.
Noipoi Noipoi is time traveler confirmed!
Wow, you were ahead of your time considering Sonic was launched in 1991, 28 years ago!!!

:yoshi:
I'm actually a 3,000 year old demon lord in the body of a loli.

D

Deleted member

Shoot, i've kissed my Sonic waifu pillow every morning for the past 32 years!

What does this mean for me???
32 years? Aren't still a teen though? How could you have been doing something like before you were even born? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom