• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Isaac.

Had been asked and demanded as long as my boi and I feel it ain't we me and the K. Rool fans got what we wanted but the Golden Sun fans didn't. But what gets to me the most is how his deconfirmation was revealed at the last minute which was why they should had revealed her earlier saving them all the pain. It especially didn't help that it seemed like Sakurai was trolling them such as the Rathalos image and healing item herb then the biggest slap in the face was him being absent in Sm4sh only to return as an assist in this game.

Only time I felt Sakurai screwed the pooch IMO.
I almost put Isaac in as my Example/Opinion cause for me both of those characters are kinda tied for most shafted character. I sincerely hope Sakurai fixes his mistake in Smash 6 and makes Isaac a playable Character which if Ultimate is an example of his future design choices he might if he decides to put like two fan favorite characters in each new game from now on. I sincerely feel bad for Both the Shadow fans and Isaac fans.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I almost put Isaac in as my Example/Opinion cause for me both of those characters are kinda tied for most shafted character. I sincerely hope Sakurai fixes his mistake in Smash 6 and makes Isaac a playable Character which if Ultimate is an example of his future design choices he might if he decides to put like two fan favorite characters in each new game from now on. I sincerely feel bad for Both the Shadow fans and Isaac fans.
Tis just too bad Smash 6 will have most of the roster cut.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Of course the game roster is already amazing and the game is well worth the 60 dollars but who do you guys/gals feel got shafted the hardest?

For example: I personally think Shadow got Shafted the hardest since he had literally everything going for him and in some cases maybe more than Inceniroar yet did not get in the game. He could've been such an easy echo and he was really popular. Knuckles even got an Assist Trophy which fits the role of "Sonic AT" yet did not appear and it was a shame.
Shadow and Isaac easily.

Both of them practically had everything going in their favor prior to their deconfirmation, some almost even considered them locks.

Shadow:
-Definitive example of an Echo Fighter
-Popular since Brawl
-Knuckles shown before him
-Ultimate Lifeform = Smash Bros Ultimate
-Richter confirming that 3rd Party series can have more on one fighter/an echo.

Isaac:
-Highly requested since Brawl
-No AT in Smash 4
-Possibly did well on Ballot
-Rathalos tweet
-The sprout item
-GS trademark renewed

Both:
-Grinch leak
-Not shown for months
-Popular

Yeah, it really stings.
All these “teases” were just massive coincidences that lead to nothing.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tis just too bad Smash 6 will have most of the roster cut.
That's a level of salt I'm not ready for yet. Normally the mix of hype and salt is fun, even when you don't get a character you like, but nah. It's just gonna be people getting irrationally upset mostly.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
At least both of those characters are in the game in a form that matters. Bandana Dee is just as deserving as both of them and has next to nothing. He wasn't even in the Grinch Leak.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's a level of salt I'm not ready for yet. Normally the mix of hype and salt is fun, even when you don't get a character you like, but nah. It's just gonna be people getting irrationally upset mostly.
I'll be honestly fine just as long as my boi returns which I'm certain he will. Why finally add him in due to being the most requested and then cut him out again? I don't see that happening.

?????????????

Smash Master
I don’t think many people will agree with me, but I felt the most “shafted” was Takamaru.

With the smaller number of newcomers, we didn’t get a “retro character” in the traditional sense we have seen in Smash in the past, and I think Takamaru really could’ve been the one to fill that role.

D

Deleted member

Isaac is the most shafted character in Smash history. Which is a shame, because he could be such a good fighter.
I'm particularly not looking forward to all the flame wars in regards to Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shadow and Isaac easily.

Both of them practically had everything going in their favor prior to their deconfirmation, some almost even considered them locks.

Shadow:
-Definitive example of an Echo Fighter
-Popular since Brawl
-Knuckles shown before him
-Ultimate Lifeform = Smash Bros Ultimate
-Richter confirming that 3rd Party series can have more on one fighter/an echo.

Isaac:
-Highly requested since Brawl
-No AT in Smash 4
-Possibly did well on Ballot
-Rathalos tweet
-The sprout item
-GS trademark renewed

Both:
-Grinch leak
-Not shown for months
-Popular

Yeah, it really stings.
All these “teases” were just massive coincidences that lead to nothing.
The Sprout wasn't related to the series at all and the Rathalos Tweet is very questionable(that looked a lot more like a general rpg design, as it's shown in many games as is, including RPG Maker).

We don't know why the AT was cut in Smash 4. So not a lot going for Isaac, actually. Shadow was on a whole nother level. But "Ultimate Lifeform" is meaningless as well. It's called Special in Japan. Some of these are an honest reach.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isaac is the most shafted character in Smash history. Which is a shame, because he could be such a good fighter.
And a unique swordfighter for one with earth powers but nope must go on and keep adding generic swordfighters like more FE characters and Pokemon. As if we don't have enough of those! :rolleyes:

:ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:

:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom:

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Bandana Dee no doubt gets the worst treatment out of any character in the Smash.

His mere Spirit is literally the first time he ever gets any sort of appearance in the series.

Before then, he had nothing. No AT, no regular trophy, no Mii hat, no sticker, nothing.

Sakurai’s modern Kirby bias man.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
And a unique swordfighter for one with earth powers but nope must go on and keep adding generic swordfighters like more FE characters and Pokemon. As if we don't have enough of those! :rolleyes:
The only swordfighter we got this game was Chrom. I really don't think you want to make Issac an echo fighter. And Incineroar, though I deeply hate it, represents an important game and has a few unique elements to it. I also wouldn't replace a Gen 7 Pokemon with Issac.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only swordfighter we got this game was Chrom. I really don't think you want to make Issac an echo fighter. And Incineroar, though I deeply hate it, represents an important game and has a few unique elements to it. I also wouldn't replace a Gen 7 Pokemon with Issac.
He's nothing more but Tony the Tiger's wrestling cousin. That's what.

Such a generic design...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want Leon Kennedy in Smash more than ever, along with Claire Redfield as an Echo Fighter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can't wait for 10 years into the future where everyone is begging for their beloved Dr. Mario back

Right, well if you want Isaac to be a clone of Marth, just say so because that's how 3 of them got in.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Time for some random yet brief gushing over my main.

I love Charizard's new uptilt. It's got a width roughly equivalent to an entire Battlefield platfrom, and being able to do it out of a run makes Zard's juggle game even more insane then it was before.

Speaking of tilting out of runs, this simple mechanic change has transformed his f-tilt from a situational spacing tool into a legitimate, fairly safe kill move near the ledge.

I also love how that in spite of grab combos getting nerfed across the board all three of the Trainer's pokemon still have effective ones, even Charizard. Squirtle can even combo into grab which is kind of insane. I love grappler playstyles so they fact that all three have viable grappling options is great. It's like this character was made for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Admiral Pit Admiral Pit
3C567CFE-3F58-4180-8388-B59D89A8C405.png
He's nothing more but Tony the Tiger's wrestling cousin. That's what.

Such a generic design...
Incineroar is the pet of Kane
Bandana Dee no doubt gets the worst treatment out of any character in the Smash.

His mere Spirit is literally the first time he ever gets any sort of appearance in the series.

Before then, he had nothing. No AT, no regular trophy, no Mii hat, no sticker, nothing.

Sakurai’s modern Kirby bias man.
Bandana Dee had nothing to lose atleast

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It pisses me off the Pokemon developers went with that design over the saber-toothed cat one.

Incineroar just feels so out of place compared to his previous evolved forms.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

:ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:

:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom:
It's almost as if Pokémon and Fire Emblem are a lot more popular than Golden Sun is.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t think many people will agree with me, but I felt the most “shafted” was Takamaru.

With the smaller number of newcomers, we didn’t get a “retro character” in the traditional sense we have seen in Smash in the past, and I think Takamaru really could’ve been the one to fill that role.
I’m not sure if Takamaru even has a chance anymore at this point, I disappointed at the lack of a new retro character too but I guess now that the rule has been disproven, people won’t find a need to fill the quota anymore.

Shame too, cause nobody has talks about Taka any more since his deconfirmation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It pisses me off the Pokemon developers went with that design over the saber-toothed cat one.

Well tough ****. You already got a saber toothed cat.
:243:

If you've got nothing better to do than revert to the speculation days of ******** about Incineroar, then just leave.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Part of me wonders if, in a way, Simon is partially meant to fill that role, since he takes a lot of inspiration from his classic appearances. It's...something, at least. I've always thought Takamaru could be neat, though. Even if I prefer Muddy Mole. :p

D

Deleted member

Well tough ****. You already got a saber toothed cat.
:243:

If you've got nothing better to do than revert to the speculation days of ******** about Incineroar, then just leave.
What I'd tell you, Knight Dude Knight Dude ? This is why I'm hesitant about Fire Emblem and Pokemon discussion for the next Smash game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Stanley The Bugman will always be my top retro pick.

I feel bad for Mach Rider fans though, he/she was well known for being part of the Grinch leak but now it seems hopeless for them.

D

Deleted member

Stanley The Bugman will always be my top retro pick.

I feel bad for Mach Rider fans though, he/she was well known for being part of the Grinch leak but now it seems hopeless for them.
I'm kinda interested in what Mike Jones from Startropics could bring to the table.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
People understandably complain about FE having more fighters then Kirby, DK, or Metroid but what about freaking Zelda?

In the Melee/Brawl days, it was one of the big 3 top dogs alongside Mario & Pokemon of having 4-5 characters more any series in the roster.

Why does Zelda get stuck with five characters while FE gets seven? It should be the other way around.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would Ray be Retro at this point? If not, I'd pick Excitbiker/Mach Rider as a Retro character, a fighter on a bike seems like a fun idea. Like that one Jackie Chan movie where fights with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom