• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, what's up?

I went bowling earlier, so you all know.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thing is, will it be a general direct, or a Smash direct?
I imagine General.

I'd expect an Smash Direct in March when our next DLC fighter is revealed. Maybe at most at this supposed General Direct would be release date for Piranha Plant, Joker gameplay and maybe a tease of next DLC fighter.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Sweet. Snake, Pokemon Trainer, and it looks like they're sticking with a Charizard reprint and will have Ivysaur and Squirtle separate. I hope Leaf gets an amiibo as well. It would be neat if Pokemon Trainer and Leaf's amiibo also were usable in both versions of Let's Go.
Since all of Pokémon Trainer’s Pokémon are getting separate Amiibo, I wonder if they restrict the Amiibo to just the single Pokémon (which would make sense).

Kind of makes me want 3 extra slots for each Pokémon, in addition to Trainer, so that they get their individual stock icons used in normal play and they have victory animations w/o Trainer.

But I’m probably thinking way too deep about this.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai:I call this one “:ultsnake: the amiibo”

JDCabrera: More like “It belongs in my Third Party collection”!

*steals the amiibo and takes it home*

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Thing is, will it be a general direct, or a Smash direct?
Oh it’ll absolutely be a General Direct.

Nintendo hasn’t had any general direct since September, so they gonna want to focus on all of their 2019 offerings instead of just Smash.

Plus, as much as we’re hungry for info, we definitely don’t need another Smash Direct now. It’s only been about 3 months since the last one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since all of Pokémon Trainer’s Pokémon are getting separate Amiibo, I wonder if they restrict the Amiibo to just the single Pokémon (which would make sense).

Kind of makes me want 3 extra slots for each Pokémon, in addition to Trainer, so that they get their individual stock icons used in normal play and they have victory animations w/o Trainer.

But I’m probably thinking way too deep about this.
I'd love being able to play as them separately. Issue is they wouldn't have a Down B, because otherwise that'd be extra work to do, and then nobody would play the actual PT mechanic. Though maybe some would. The design kind of makes it hard to figure out a balance for.

D

Deleted member

Oh it’ll absolutely be a General Direct.

Nintendo hasn’t had any general direct since September, so they gonna want to focus on all of their 2019 offerings instead of just Smash.

Plus, as much as we’re hungry for info, we definitely don’t need another Smash Direct now. It’s only been about 3 months since the last one.
Could it finally be time for a new Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’s impossible for there to be another Smash Direct, literally the only things left they would be showcasing and announcing are the rest of the DLC fighters.

Unless they need to pad things out like they did with the November Direct by giving us useless information about sound test or something.

The only other thing a Smash Direct will need besides PP release date, Fighter 2#, is if they announce the return of single player modes which I pray to god they do.

D

Deleted member

It’s impossible for there to be another Smash Direct, literally the only things left they would be showcasing and announcing are the rest of the DLC fighters.

Unless they need to pad things out like they did with the November Direct by giving us useless information about sound test or something.

The only other thing a Smash Direct will need besides PP release date, Fighter 2#, is if they announce the return of single player modes which I pray to god they do.
I feel like it will be as Noipoi said.

A general one, or a Pokémon one.

D

Deleted member

February is probably gonna be when the next Direct happens. January 31st is also a strong possibility because of the potential for Piranha Plant to come on the 1st, but 2.0.0 could just be prepping the game for him.

Pokemon is gonna get its pre-release shenanigans started any day now, so that's also something important to keep in mind.

D

Deleted member

February is probably gonna be when the next Direct happens. January 31st is also a strong possibility because of the potential for Piranha Plant to come on the 1st, but 2.0.0 could just be prepping the game for him.

Pokemon is gonna get its pre-release shenanigans started any day now, so that's also something important to keep in mind.
A Pokémon Direct is pretty likely since February is the month of Pokémon.

But if Nintendo goes nuts, we may get a general one around the start of February, and a Pokémon one around the day Red and Blue released (February 27th).

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pokemon pre-release shenanigans are my favorite shenanigans.

Can't ****ing wait.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and to those who gave feedback on the sketch...

Thanks. :) Honestly surprised people like it, given I don't think parts of it turned out super great, lol. I'm hoping the wings and hands will look better after I touch them up in finished lineart, but I'm still not super confident...

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel like the individual :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: Amiibo are just going to be the most notable collectibles out of the Smash ones. Obviously, it may just start the match with the specific Pokémon, but that's about it. Switching will still exist perhaps, and so it's not necessary as a result.

I also still want them.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'd love being able to play as them separately. Issue is they wouldn't have a Down B, because otherwise that'd be extra work to do, and then nobody would play the actual PT mechanic. Though maybe some would. The design kind of makes it hard to figure out a balance for.
They could just give Charizard Rock Smash again and create something new for the other two.

But I’m not sure if they wanna go that far with that...

I guess I’ll make my big 2.0.0 prediction now:

Each of Pokémon Trainer’s Pokémon will get their own slot and have a full moveset (including a Down B) to compensate for the switching mechanic.

D

Deleted member

I will buy the Red amiibo the day it launches.

If only Leaf got one too...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
They could just give Charizard Rock Smash again and create something new for the other two.

Each of Pokémon Trainer’s Pokémon will get their own slot and have a full moveset (including a Down B) to compensate for the switching mechanic.
My hot take is that Charizard should have never lost Rock Smash to begin with.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it safe for me to say I would've prefered a new DKC made by Retro? Metroid just had Samus Returns 3DS. Prime 4 was gonna be made anyway. There's studios for Metroid already. But why isn't Donkey Kong getting this love despite being overall more succesful and selling more? Why is my favorite franchise neglected yet again?

Yes Tropical Freeze Switch was nice, and it was my first experience with the game seeing as I never owned a Wii U. Yet, before that game even came out, nothing else related to Donkey Kong came out in the meanwhile. Unless you count Mario x Rabbids DK Adventure?.. But that's more of a cameo appearance, and didn't do much with the franchise outside of using Donkey Kong alone, and a Rabbid inspired by Cranky.

There was street signs named in Mario Odyssey, Reggie talking about a new Donkey Kong experience way back, K.Rool came back in Ultimate, yet why is the general flow of released games so low with Donkey Kong? What about this franchise is WRONG that it just won't get the same love and attention from Nintendo from all other succesful franchises? If they would've released as frequently as say, Kirby games, DKC would be more succesful than ZELDA even.

Speaking of Zelda, nothing new either.

I just don't get Nintendo. When is E3 or some other Direct?

Also what happened with Fire Emblem Three Houses?

I voted for Sad & Mad, cause I don't even!
After Metroid getting dunked on with Other M, then more or less having a 7 year hiatus with nothing to follow up on I'd say Metroid fans had a right to be hungry. And their fanbase has a bit of a split between 2D games and 3D games. You also gotta keep in mind, we also never got an HD Metroid game. An you can say, "Prime 4 was gonna happen anway" but if it stayed on the course it was on, the game wouldn't live up to it's potential.

DK had two great games back to back, so there was less to complain about, but I can see your point too. But seeing as Metroid Prime is what truly put Retro on the map. We could go back and forth about Nintendo not using their IPs other than Mario and Pokemon to their fullest, we really, really could. But that's not gonna get us anywhere.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

So in that scenario what would be good down specials for Squirtle and Ivysaur? Maybe Aqua Tail and Sludge Bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom