• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
But yeah if given the option I’d like to see :ultivysaur: use a Poison-type move for it’s down special considering it is a Grass/Poison type.

Along with damaging the opponent a bit, and pushing them away, it also has a tripping effect
Would that work for this game? Otherwise I’m trying to imagine how to adapt something like Aqua Tail.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So in that scenario what would be good down specials for Squirtle and Ivysaur? Maybe Aqua Tail and Sludge Bomb?
Solar Beam. Charge it up, the more you charge it the stronger it is.

Frost Breath. Freezes enemies.
Both of these ideas could work really well. Although I don’t think Squirtle can use Frost Breath.

I’d personally give Squirtle Aqua Tail and Ivysaur Solar Beam (it could just have a larger range/width Solar Beam for its Final Smash).

For Squirtle’s Final Smash... idk.
Give it a larger version of Waterfall or give it Whirlpool (I don’t remember if that even is a n actual move).

D

Deleted member

why the **** does peach not fight giga bowser in her classic this is unepic can we hit 50 dislikes

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don’t follow Pokémon but I watched the Pokémon Battle Royale from Death Battle, and they said Venusaur has poison powders. Could something like that work for Ivy?
The entire Venusaur line is Grass/Posion type...

I'm pretty sure it could work
Yeah either that or Sludge Bomb I think would work.
Actually, I like that idea better

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Ryu the dog is coming
Ryu
Oh my god he has a headband on he can't hear us
Oh my god
Literally nobody is near the same amount of anything as Pit (except for when it comes to being used the least)
Is it safe for me to say I would've prefered a new DKC made by Retro? Metroid just had Samus Returns 3DS. Prime 4 was gonna be made anyway. There's studios for Metroid already. But why isn't Donkey Kong getting this love despite being overall more succesful and selling more? Why is my favorite franchise neglected yet again?

Speaking of Zelda, nothing new either.
Also what happened with Fire Emblem Three Houses?
Metroid needs a sequel way more than DK needs any new game. He and his crew can live off of Mario spinoffs and the Tropical Freeze port for some good amount of time. Prime 4 was also likely to have not been made/be released and hated more than Other M/get stuck in development hell without Retro (the company that got popular off of working on Metroid Prime) returning to what got them noticed in fhe first place. Donkey Kong doesn’t need to have Retro make their games when they have a larger variety in studios to make them new games due to being a Mario related series alone (that and DK is more popular than Samus, so his games don’t need to be trusted with one sole game company to make a new game)...and also add in some mumbo jumbo cause there isn’t really much explaining needed

As for Zelda...we had BOTW back in 2017 (and that game took a ****”load of work to finish). People can wait for a new main title game (as for spinoffs, we had a Switch port of Hyrule Warriors)...wait for a better time

Fire Emblem however...that’s just having us wait for news (same with Bayo 3 and other big 2019-2020 games)
Samus said ****

No, look, I know she's gay but here's her trial
View attachment 188568
She was deemed guilty and I think that judge is a good and honest... whatever he is, he wouldn't sentence her if she wasn't guilty.
Samus got played
Speaking about Piranha Plant, I got an Action Figure of him at Target today.
Supporting the Plant

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Samus said ****

No, look, I know she's gay but here's her trial
View attachment 188568
She was deemed guilty and I think that judge is a good and honest... whatever he is, he wouldn't sentence her if she wasn't guilty.
Wait why does Ridley look like that in the comics but like this in the cartoon?
4297C8A4-AAFA-43B2-A48D-AA22AE989A57.jpeg

At least I think it’s him. It’s hard to tell with this show.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Literally nobody is near the same amount of anything as Pit (except for when it comes to being used the least)

Metroid needs a sequel way more than DK needs any new game. He and his crew can live off of Mario spinoffs and the Tropical Freeze port for some good amount of time. Prime 4 was also likely to have not been made/be released and hated more than Other M/get stuck in development hell without Retro (the company that got popular off of working on Metroid Prime) returning to what got them noticed in fhe first place. Donkey Kong doesn’t need to have Retro make their games when they have a larger variety in studios to make them new games due to being a Mario related series alone (that and DK is more popular than Samus, so his games don’t need to be trusted with one sole game company to make a new game)...and also add in some mumbo jumbo cause there isn’t really much explaining needed

As for Zelda...we had BOTW back in 2017 (and that game took a ****”load of work to finish). People can wait for a new main title game (as for spinoffs, we had a Switch port of Hyrule Warriors)...wait for a better time

Fire Emblem however...that’s just having us wait for news (same with Bayo 3 and other big 2019-2020 games)

Samus got played

Supporting the Plant
I mean, that may be true but.... I really want another Donkey Kong. Either another 2D Country game or a new 3D game in the style of DK 64. And, Retro has to have been working on SOMETHING for the last 5 years. If we’re lucky, we get both, as their current 5 year project is probably close to done. Whatever it is and adduming it hasn’t been scraped.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I was thinking about potential post-launch echo fighters (I know it's unlikely, I'm not having that discussion and will not have it.) and I thought of how Dry Bowser could work. Like Bowser for the most part, but instead of breathing fire with his neutral special, he throws a bone in an arc similar to the Belmonts' axe.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Captain N is a textbook example of why you should be careful who you license out your IP to. :p
I know this show was made in ‘89, but yeah there’s a lot of questionable decisions made regardless of the limitations they would’ve dealt with.
I really want to see Nintendo take the concept back to Square one and do it over. They do own the character and original elements (Believe me, I checked). Either as a new Western Cartoon (not an anime, I have my own personal grudge against anime) or as a game series. It could be like Kingdom Hearts plus Devil May Cry with Nintendo characters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was thinking about potential post-launch echo fighters (I know it's unlikely, I'm not having that discussion and will not have it.) and I thought of how Dry Bowser could work. Like Bowser for the most part, but instead of breathing fire with his neutral special, he throws a bone in an arc similar to the Belmonts' axe.
Alternatively, he could just use the axe itself, referencing the axe on his lava bridge. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe side special for the bone throw, I kinda want him to keep his fire if only so we can see it colored blue, and maybe it could adapt the single fire ball custom move from 4.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
To expand on the idea, Dry Bowser could be quite lighter than Bowser (think R.O.B.) and also faster air speed to compensate.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd love being able to play as them separately. Issue is they wouldn't have a Down B, because otherwise that'd be extra work to do, and then nobody would play the actual PT mechanic. Though maybe some would. The design kind of makes it hard to figure out a balance for.
Yeah, that'd only change in a sequel I think. I don't think Smash ever got to the point of adding moves(usually normals) via patch update, like Street Fighter or MK has on occasion.

Though I think using Shield + B to switch Pokemon could be an apt replacement if you absolutely NEEDED a Down B for each. Though that raises the issue of being able to switch in mid-air, while Ground Switching would still be as strong as ever.

D

Deleted member

To expand on the idea, Dry Bowser could be quite lighter than Bowser (think R.O.B.) and also faster air speed to compensate.
They would nerf damage and and kill power correct because this game doesn't need a juggling heavy

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, that'd only change in a sequel I think. I don't think Smash ever got to the point of adding moves(usually normals) via patch update, like Street Fighter or MK has on occasion.

Though I think using Shield + B to switch Pokemon could be an apt replacement if you absolutely NEEDED a Down B for each. Though that raises the issue of being able to switch in mid-air, while Ground Switching would still be as strong as ever.
You could use the Throw command in mid-air to change, actually. But that sounds "too much knowledge needed" as well. It's kind of like Inkling's mechanic to refilling. It's not obvious in any way. Which also makes them harder for newer players to get into. And unlike Ryu/Ken, is a required thing to play them casually. You don't need to do the mechanics for many characters to play 'em casually, after all. Like Marth.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Alternatively, he could just use the axe itself, referencing the axe on his lava bridge. :p
Actually I kinda want Mario to use the axe for his Final Smash instead in some way, maybe it could be combined with his fire powers too.

I really want to see Nintendo take the concept back to Square one and do it over. They do own the character and original elements (Believe me, I checked). Either as a new Western Cartoon (not an anime, I have my own personal grudge against anime) or as a game series. It could be like Kingdom Hearts plus Devil May Cry with Nintendo characters
Not gonna lie I had a similar idea for a Nintendo crossover but with a customizable avatar instead. Going around rescuing and teaming up with the Nintendo characters and using their weapons/switching between them for different fighting styles, etc.

D

Deleted member

Of course the game roster is already amazing and the game is well worth the 60 dollars but who do you guys/gals feel got shafted the hardest?

For example: I personally think Shadow got Shafted the hardest since he had literally everything going for him and in some cases maybe more than Inceniroar yet did not get in the game. He could've been such an easy echo and he was really popular. Knuckles even got an Assist Trophy which fits the role of "Sonic AT" yet did not appear and it was a shame.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Of course the game roster is already amazing and the game is well worth the 60 dollars but who do you guys/gals feel got shafted the hardest?

For example: I personally think Shadow got Shafted the hardest since he had literally everything going for him and in some cases maybe more than Inceniroar yet did not get in the game. He could've been such an easy echo and he was really popular. Knuckles even got an Assist Trophy which fits the role of "Sonic AT" yet did not appear and it was a shame.
Isaac.

Had been asked and demanded as long as my boi and I feel it ain't we me and the K. Rool fans got what we wanted but the Golden Sun fans didn't. But what gets to me the most is how his deconfirmation was revealed at the last minute which was why they should had revealed her earlier saving them all the pain. It especially didn't help that it seemed like Sakurai was trolling them such as the Rathalos image and healing item herb then the biggest slap in the face was him being absent in Sm4sh only to return as an assist in this game.

Only time I felt Sakurai screwed the pooch IMO.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would've liked to actually see more done with the alternate world. Is Mother Brain good there? Or is she like Frost in Dragon Ball Super, who is evil in the anime? There's a lot of potential, even using the unique designs alone. I also still want to see a Captain N Mii costume.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I need

Bandana Dee. He has it all. He's important, popular, and has a lot of moveset potential. I'm still suprised he isn't in. What really gets me is he isn't in the game at all, beyond a worthless spirit. At least the Issac fans have an AT. How hard would it have been to make his Bandana a Mii outfit option?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Captain N is a textbook example of why you should be careful who you license out your IP to. :p
I mean, that may be true but.... I really want another Donkey Kong. Either another 2D Country game or a new 3D game in the style of DK 64. And, Retro has to have been working on SOMETHING for the last 5 years. If we’re lucky, we get both, as their current 5 year project is probably close to done. Whatever it is and adduming it hasn’t been scraped.
Retro managing to do both MP4 and possibly DK would be great (though of course it could also be something different, like a StarFox game...or Kid Icarus cause Imma just throw that out there)

Shadow had higher chances in getting in than pretty much every character possible (echo or not). So to see him be deconfirmed so casually and hella late was absolutely painful and ****ed up

Shadow deserved so much better than what happened
Isaac.

Had been asked and demanded as long as my boi and I feel it ain't we me and the K. Rool fans got what we wanted but the Golden Sun fans didn't. But what gets to me the most is how his deconfirmation was revealed at the last minute which was why they should had revealed her earlier saving them all the pain. It especially didn't help that it seemed like Sakurai was trolling them such as the Rathalos image and healing item herb then the biggest slap in the face was him being absent in Sm4sh only to return as an assist in this game.

Only time I felt Sakurai screwed the pooch IMO.
Shadow is still the most disrespected and shafted newcomer, but Issac is definitely right behind him

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean Metal Mario probably can’t exist as an alt. costume considering the Metal Box exists, not to mention he’s heavier than normal Mario
Actually, the Metal Box now converts them into a metal coating that shows their colors. Nobody has a hard metal scheme like Metal Mario did up till Brawl. So he can be used as his own character separately. Now whether he should be a character again is a different thing. I'd like to see him playable in a re-release of Smash 64, with smaller changes like all the characters playable, all stages available, and profiles for the rest of the 15 characters(to note, there's 27 characters total. 12 original fighters, 12 polygons, and 3 bosses).

D

Deleted member

I mean Metal Mario probably can’t exist as an alt. costume considering the Metal Box exists, not to mention he’s heavier than normal Mario
That's probably right but why are we talking about Echos when we know we are not getting anymore barring a surprise announcement?

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Tell me, have you heard the story of Darth Waluigi the Wah?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That’d be nice, if the name is a problem then they could just name it something like “Letterman Jacket”.
The name isn't an issue at all. Nintendo fully owns the character and designs. The fact they don't mention it in Ultimate outside of blatantly referencing it(for those who know what the obscure series is) makes it look more like they aren't proud of what it is. Which is pretty understandable.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I had a strange dream one time where Zan Partizanne was in Smash. Not with her fellow mages in any capacity, and not alongside Bandana Waddle Dee. The dream never led to her in action, just on the CSS.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you're gonna do that, might as well use the Fireball custom special. Have it so Dry Bowser shoots a fireball like SMB1 instead of a flamethrower. Maybe color it blue like in Mario 3D land. Though the bone idea also makes sense.

Really, that's something I think the Echoes should have done, was take elements from the Custom Moves and apply them to a new character since the Customs are now only available on Miis. It'd still be building off of established moves from the previous games and could still have similar animations.

It wouldn't have to be every character, but there's some who could have benefited from that. Granted, that'd likely take a fair bit of work, not as much as a semi-clone like Falco, but more than what the echoes are now. So that might be more along the lines of sequels, unless we get more MK/SF style patch updates where Cammy gets a (poorly animated) air throw, or Sub-Zero gets an extra combo string (or whatever he got in MKX, it's been a minute.)

Like, for example, Dark Samus gets a Rapid Fire attack. And then the bombs and missiles are replaced with one the custom Smash 4 versions.

For new echoes, Obviously I'm gonna suggest Protoman as a Mega Man echo. And if possible, apply his unique traits like Ken got from Ryu. Like having a Shield up when standing or neutral Jumping. Twice the knockback and shooting two lemons(like MM9 and MM10). But in turn, he's faster. He could have Ice Slasher, Shadow Blade, Beat and Plant Barrier in place of Mega Man's special moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom