• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok Reeeeeeset Era Brigade, which one of you called for the site to be DDoS'd over NineS wrongthink over a picture of a fictional character.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Actually, Schnee117 Schnee117 and Wademan94 Wademan94 , if they used pre-existing footage of Danny DeVito and Ryan Reynolds (among others) for Detective Pikachu... I wonder what footage they used.

Part of me really hopes they used footage from Deadpool for Detective Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

Stop fighting about memes. Nobody has the right to tell someone what they should and shouldn't be offended by.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
it also rains in the desert, doesnt really mean you bring an umbrella to the mojave and not wear a poncho in a monsoon.
Imagine defending your right to offend people this much.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Stop fighting about memes. Nobody has the right to tell someone what they should and shouldn't be offended by.
Either everything is ok or none of it is. Listen to the Family Guy writer manatees.
Someone post the South Park clip for me i cant seem to find it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
smashboards users realising the site is down and now they have to go do something else

1552932812515.png

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
yeah the site's going at 1kb/s rn
At least SmashBoards isn't like a good fraction of sites on the internet nowadays: huge obnoxious ads and autoplaying videos that you often can't pause or close and follow you as you scroll down no seriously what is with all the autoplaying stalking videos.

Seriously, I remember 10 years ago, Wikia was a very fun site to go to for the various games and media wikis. Now it's a pain in the ass to navigate because of how bloated it is with ads and autoplaying videos when I'm just trying to read. I understand that storing so many images and articles takes money, but I think a few simple banner ads are fine.

Most webpages nowadays have more data on them than the original DOOM. You can load up the entirety of that game at once faster than you could load a single webpage.

Maybe as far as a SmashBoards RPG goes, I could make it into a generic Gaming Forum RPG with lots of forum tropes and of course specific SmashBoards tropes
I'd love to see something like the abandoned Super Best Friends: The Video Game. Though obviously that's a bit more than a forum thread game.

D

Deleted member

Okaaaaay What just happened? My Internet was going super slow and apparently you guys were experiencing the same thing

D

Deleted member

Ok ya'll, just ignore the literal nazis, please. Don't respond to them, that's what they want and they won't listen to anything you say anyways. You stop giving them attention and they'll just be shouting at the void. Make them know they're not welcome here and they'll leave.
And this isn't just to get them out of here, it's also for you guys' health. Getting angry at these people doesn't do any of you any good and only stress you out.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ok ya'll, just ignore the literal nazis, please. Don't respond to them, that's what they want and they won't listen to anything you say anyways. You stop giving them attention and they'll just be shouting at the void. Make them know they're not welcome here and they'll leave.
And this isn't just to get them out of here, it's also for you guys' health. Getting angry at these people doesn't do any of you any good and only stress you out.
Also remember the report button.

And Forum Support.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah... i feel like there's a certain level of compassion that's nice to have around. People are free to express themselves, but yeah.

This isn't to debate, but here's just a few stats for people to consider.

In 2018, at least 370 trans people were killed.
At least 28 (actually more than that, since what i found was from september) of those were in the U.S.

That doesn't count all of those unreported or the trans info undisclosed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Either everything is ok or none of it is. Listen to the Family Guy writer manatees.
Someone post the South Park clip for me i cant seem to find it.
Please stop keeping up this pointless debate. Offense is mostly subjective. If you finds a meme offensive, that's fine, but keep in mind that meme kings don't care. Let them have their fun.

D

Deleted member

And about all of this drama whatever I always thought the word "Trap" Was just a meme word people use to joke around, not to actually kill people on the streets if that's the case then I'll definitely stop using the word, That is all.

i think it was something to do with the site
cute avatar btw
Thanks!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also remember the report button.

And Forum Support.
tbf Forum Support can sometimes do **** all. I still remember when a guy some mod KNEW was a neonazi although he didn't post it here. He had a Stefan ****ing Molyneaux avatar. For the record, that guy believes white people are being driven to extinction and that Wonder Woman is terrible because we didn't see the literal Nazi German luitenant's tragic backstory in which he was abused by his mother which never actually happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom