• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I wanna be one of those normies who's like

"Oh my GOD, what is the thread talking about today??? It's soooo weird, you guys are just a bunch of WEIRDOS talking about weird stuff SEX POLITCS AHH "

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

"Oh my GOD, what is the thread talking about today??? It's soooo weird, you guys are just a bunch of WEIRDOS talking about weird stuff SEX POLITCS AHH "
Then don’t let your dreams be dreams. Here, let’s practice.

“Sex and politics.”

Ok, your turn.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I say it as an excuse to use my reaction images. i've got a lot.

I'm not really weirded out though, i'm too weird to get weirded out.

D

Deleted member

"haha gay"

"OK SO FIRST OF ALL THIS IS A GODDAMN CHRISTIAN THREAD, YOU ****ING COW TESTICLE. SECOND OF ALL WHY ARE YOU BRINGING UP MOTHER****ING POLITICS HERE AGAIN, SEE THIS IS WHY I'M LEAVING FOREVER AND TOTALLY NEVER COMING BACK"

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I say it as an excuse to use my reaction images. i've got a lot.

I'm not really weirded out though, i'm too weird to get weirded out.
I thought I was too weird to get weirded out. Guess I got a long way to go.
"haha gay"

"OK SO FIRST OF ALL THIS IS A GODDAMN CHRISTIAN THREAD, YOU ****ING COW TESTICLE. SECOND OF ALL WHY ARE YOU BRINGING UP MOTHER****ING POLITICS HERE AGAIN, SEE THIS IS WHY I'M LEAVING FOREVER AND TOTALLY NEVER COMING BACK"
Woah woah woah did you just say “Mother*******?” Here, watch this, and educate yourself.
(It’s not the funniest thing in the world, but it’s good stuff.)
My two biggest turn-ons.
8C6D3056-46D4-4AAD-A009-D73F33168E5F.jpeg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
erdrick confirmed to match you up with tougher opponents in quickplay by default

1552424527539.png

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Just did some digging around. It is now official Ash in the Pokemon Anime has caught a Legendary Meltan...

How many of you bet he releases it within a week?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just did some digging around. It is now official Ash in the Pokemon Anime has caught a Legendary Meltan...

How many of you bet he releases it within a week?
I'm telling you, the Armor Evolution leak for Sword and Shield is real and it's the only reason they let him get Meltan in the first place. :p

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I read it as "asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk"
Followup: How many people write out the actual word and how many people just write a bunch of *'s?

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know, there's something I'm personally hoping appears in Super Mario Maker 2.

within the SMB style.

Here's my idea

Regular DK will throw Barrels out periodically (though you can also set him to throw Springs or Shells), and grab and throw Mario if he gets too close without a Star-Man.

Winged DK will stand in place and jump every few seconds; when he lands, random debris will fall from the top of the screen, this debris will hurt Mario if it touches him (the debris will pass through floor tiles).

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'm telling you, the Armor Evolution leak for Sword and Shield is real and it's the only reason they let him get Meltan in the first place. :p
Or specificially so he can release it like he did:

His Ultra Beast
His Special Unique Greninja with a Special Mega Evolution
His Pseudo-Legendary
His Pidgeot
His Aipom (ok technically that was dawn but the principle still applies)

The kid has so many released pokemon you can make a full team out of them and still have leftovers.

Edit: changed a word to make more sense, english not so good when i haven't eaten all day.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
well, you kinda said it yourself - if erdrick is guaranteed to sell like hotcakes like cloud did, especially in japan where DQ is stupid popular, i feel like financial sense will come before sakurai's own personal gripes with swordies
Depends on if he wants to make 1/5 of the Fighter Pass appeal primarily to Japan. Sakurai also has a very good sense of making sure characters don't just appeal to one region or the other--that's why Takamaru isn't playable, despite Sakurai considering it once or twice, among other exclusively Japanese characters. Dark Samus and Chrom were also revealed side-by-side, because Sakurai said that Dark Samus appealed to the west, while Chrom appealed to Japan (though I find that confusing, since Dark Samus isn't popular at all, and I'm pretty sure Chrom is popular over here too, but I'm not gonna complain).

DQ does come to the West, at least, so it might not be as big of an issue, but unless Erdrick could have a really good and fun moveset that would overcome the regional popularity issue, then it's a tough call.

If you're referring as to when he referred to being difficult to make swordsmen disctinct enought from each other. He also mentioned the same ragarding brawlers. Doubt Sakurai will stop adding either.
Found the interview, it was from The Guardian:

I had always presumed there would be a team of researchers mining Nintendo history for possible items and assist-trophy cameos but in fact Sakurai comes up with a lot of them himself, working from a huge list of ideas that gets narrowed down to cameos and items that aren’t too samey. “In gaming in general, a lot of characters fight with swords,” he says gloomily.
I don't know how many characters are specifically designated as Brawlers, though most fistfighting characters in the game are very distinct in terms of size and design (e.g. Little Mac, Donkey Kong, Mario, Ryu, Incineroar), whereas most sword characters are typically conventional human shape and proportions. Meta Knight is the only outlier in that regard.

Moreso, though, it's also an issue of aesthetic and personality. The term "anime sword wielder" exists because many sword characters also have some degree of anime aesthetic, both in their design and character. Most (or all?) of them are also heroes, too, which means they have even more in common, and that's not exclusive to just the sword characters. Which is something Sakurai noticed after Smash 4, which is part of why Ridley, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Piranha Plant all came into being. The slight focus on villains this game was because the game would be a little boring if it was just all heroes, and so by getting some unconventional villains into the mix, the game's roster becomes a little more diverse in that aspect.

I think Joker works well in this regard, as his title of "thief" makes him more distinct than the average fantasy JRPG hero, along with his very unique visual design. And that's not even counting whatever his crazy moveset is going to be.

doesn't erdrick have like a billion other weapons and spells?
I dunno man, I wouldn't even know the character's name if it didn't come up here so often. I'm just balancing the vague concept of the character as I know it against what Sakurai has said and done regarding character choices recently. If Erdrick could be another Corrin or Robin with unique magic moves, he could work. I'm speaking as someone who knows nothing about the character, so take my evaluation with a grain of salt.

I'm just not quick to believe vague codenames as any kind of confirmation. Especially since they've learned their lesson since Smash Wii U, and other companies are now deliberately putting red herring codenames into game files in order to throw off dataminers and speculators.

D

Deleted member

Followup: How many people write out the actual word and how many people just write a bunch of *'s?
Out of curiosity, ahem.
What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little *****? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're ****ing dead, kiddo.

D

Deleted member

I’m cold. These mankinis aren’t warm enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom