• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’m voicing :ultyounglink: in one of my pals Machinimas. He has a decently popular Smash channel, about 20,000 subs, so I decided to join his public discord to interact with his fans, then this happened.
View attachment 197741
If you weren’t aware, I have pingophobia, the fear of getting pings for unimportant reasons. /s
Ngl that's pretty rude of you. The dude was just saying hi.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Look all I'm saying is that if we get a Pegasus Knight in Smash and it isn't Caeda, I'mma be upset.
HA, I think it's more likely we'd see Camilla inexplicably reclassed as a Pegasus knight at that point.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I still think Fire Emblem is under-represented, at least until we get a lance and an axe user (and no cuts to make way for them), and nobody can convince me otherwise

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I still think Fire Emblem is under-represented, at least until we get a lance and an axe user (and no cuts to make way for them), and nobody can convince me otherwise
Fire Emblem is over repped!

...in Sword users that is.

Where’s my Pegasus Knight user?!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I’m voicing :ultyounglink: in one of my pals Machinimas. He has a decently popular Smash channel, about 20,000 subs, so I decided to join his public discord to interact with his fans, then this happened.
View attachment 197741
If you weren’t aware, I have pingophobia, the fear of getting pings for unimportant reasons. /s
I bet they rank low on your Tier List :V

Pakky

Smash Hero
I agree actually.

Also #moreDK

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, we got Robin and Lucina long before we got Chrom.
Isn't there a case to be made for Robin being the MC for Awakening though? I don't know too much about FE, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Either way Sakurai might consider the playable character to be better for Smash then an NPC. Also, didnt Lucina start off development as a costume?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D4BF25C5-E559-4458-9776-613B5221D4C0.jpeg

I agree it’s under represented, but only in weapon types. If we were to get any bow or axe users or what-not, I would prefer a character to get cut first though. I don’t mind if no one does, though.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno, Moy.

I think you might be a bit biased.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fire Emblem is over repped!

...in Sword users that is.

Where’s my Pegasus Knight user?!
You'll get it as soon as we find a way for a pegasus to grab someone and get grabbed and hang from the ledge with their hooves.

EDIT: I feel like Opo's gonna come here and say ACTUALLY, I'VE ALREADY CONSIDERED THAT and made a moveset that solves that issue.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I bet they rank low on your Tier List :V
I don’t really know what the content of their posts are so that’s yet to be determined :V
But seriously I wasn’t aware I offended people will that, and I feel like crap because of it, so please don’t remind me.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You'll get it as soon as we find a way for a pegasus to grab someone and get grabbed and hang from the ledge with their hooves.
Who said the Pegasus does the grabbing?

Grab animation could be a upper kick with front legs to the user on the back.

Ledge grab is by the rider who expresses shock at how heavy his ride is.

D

Deleted member

If we get another Fire Emblem character I just hope they look cool. That's my problem with Corrin, he doesn't look cool at all.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who said the Pegasus does the grabbing?

Grab animation could be a upper kick with front legs to the user on the back.

Ledge grab is by the rider who expresses shock at how heavy his ride is.
As strong as Caeda's thighs are, I don't think they have the gripping strength support the weight of a winged horse.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
ACTUALLY, I'VE ALREADY CONSIDERED THAT.

Allow me to show off my Caeda moveset, right from the Caeda thread.

What could she do in Smash?
Caeda would be the first Smash fighter to fight while riding a mount (in this case, her pegasus). Due to this, she is one of the largest fighters in the game. Her pegasus stands at right about Bowser's height, which is slightly shorter than Fire Emblem's mounts usually are, but is just fine for Smash. The wings of the pegasus are also slightly downsized, but not to a ridiculous degree.

For those concerned about potentially having a character with canonically unlimited flight, I feel the need to point out that in Fire Emblem, Pegasus Knights do not have unlimited flight. This is shown by the fact that despite it being higher than most other classes, there still exists a cap for movement on a Pegasus Knight. Not to mention that in more recent games, their mounts are often shown landing after combat.
As far as ledge mechanics, which can become awkward with mounted characters, Caeda herself grabs the ledge while her pegasus flies next to her, off on the z-axis where it no longer counts as a hit box. Caeda's get-up attack, ledge jump, and ledge roll animations all feature her remounting her pegasus during the attack, making the transition seamlessly fluid.
Caeda has the highest air speed in the game due to speed being her best stat by far in her own game. In addition, she has a minor added gimmick similar to Bowser Jr.'s. Energy-based projectiles (such as Robin's Thoron) will have their damage greatly reduced when striking Caeda, but physical projectiles (like Link's arrows) will do more damage than normal, referencing Caeda's incredibly high Resistance and low Defense, in addition to the Pegasus Knight class's arrow weakness by proxy.

As for the rest of the moveset, here it is!
Jab: Caeda strikes twice with her spear and then twirls it.
Dash Attack: Caeda performs an aerial corkscrew into the opponent.
Side Tilt: Caeda swings the Wing Spear downward from overhead.
Up Tilt: Caeda's pegasus bumps her upward off its back while she holds her spear skyward.
Down Tilt: Caeda's pegasus flaps its wings downward, with each up and down movement causing minor damage.

Side Smash: Caeda's pegasus charges forward with Caeda's Wing Spear held outward.
Up Smash: Caeda's pegasus faces toward the screen and bucks its back legs upward.
Down Smash: Caeda's pegasus rears up and stomps its hooves, bringing down its wings for a two-part smash attack.

Neutral Aerial: Caeda's pegasus does a quick midair somersault, doing minor damage.
Forward Aerial: Caeda lunges forward with her Wing Spear, doing heavy damage.
Back Aerial: Caeda turns her pegasus around to strike the opponent with a backhanded spear attack.
Up Aerial: Caeda raises her lance and twirls it in a helicopter spin. A multihit move.
Down Aerial: Caeda's pegasus kicks its hooves downwards, potentially causing a meteor effect.

Grab and Pummel: Caeda's pegasus bites onto the opponent while Caeda strikes them with her Wing Spear for a pummel.
Forward Throw: Caeda's pegasus charges into them, sending them flying.
Back Throw: Caeda whistles, making her pegasus swing its head, tossing the foe backward before bucking them with its back hooves.
Up Throw: Caeda scoops the foe up with her Wing Spear and stabs them as they're sent skyward.
Down Throw: Caeda's pegasus "counts" on the foe several times before stomping on them.

Neutral Special: Armorcrusher - In Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Caeda was given a signature weapon, the Wing Spear. Like the rapier, this was effective against heavily armored units and units on horseback. In Smash, this translates to her Neutral Special. In this chargeable attack, Caeda's pegasus flies backwards into the air, preparing to charge, before rushing forward and downward with Caeda's Wing Spear extended. This not only does heavy shield damage, but it also breaks through any enemy super armor when fully charged. However, the charging animation leaves Caeda vulnerable to attack. This move is named after a lance skill from Shadows of Valentia.

Side Special: Tempest Lance - Based on a skill for the Steel Lance from Shadows of Valentia, this attack involves Caeda drawing her lance and holding it outward. From its tip shoot a gust of razor wind similar to Mega Man's Air Shooter. A multihit projectile that travels horizontally with a maximum range of roughly the length of half of Final Destination. Like Greninja's Water Shuriken, it carries the opponent within it until it reaches its maximum range.

Up Special: Wings of Talys - This move has Caeda's pegasus perform a rising corkscrew attack before then gliding diagonally downward in the direction Caeda is facing. A simple recovery that can also be used as an attack.

Down Special: Hit and Run - Once again, this is named after a lance skill found in a Shadows of Valentia, though it is also a very common skill for flying units in Fire Emblem Heroes. In this attack, Caeda does a quick burst maneuver in which her pegasus flies at the opponent before making an immediate u-turn. This makes it an effective get-off-me tool on land. In the air, however, this attack gains a minor homing effect and can double as an offensive horizontal recovery. She will strike the foe before rushing back in the direction she came from, making this quite a potent edge guarding tool, further establishing Caeda's aerial dominance.

Final Smash: Queen of the Skies - Caeda breaks open the Smash Ball and is then capable of free, uninterrupted flight. She can charge into her foes for damage, similar to Super Sonic, but she can also toss spears toward the ground beneath her with the the attack button. Caeda also is much more durable while this move is being performed. After a set amount of time, the move ends.

Entrance Animation:
Caeda flies in on her pegasus as it rears up and whinnies.

Taunts:
Up Taunt: Caeda raises her lance and says "Throw down your weapon!"
Side Taunt: Caeda pets the head of her pegasus as it whinnies.
Down Taunt: Caeda tosses her hair back and says "What a shame."

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: Caeda flies in on her pegasus and says "A lovely battle."
Victory 2: Caeda brushes her pegasus as a small bird lands on her finger.
Victory 3: Caeda leaps from her pegasus and twirls her Wing Spear, saying "Don't underestimate me!"

Victory VS Marth: Victory Pose 3, except she says "I hope I didn't hurt you too badly" before smiling.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah and Shadow the hedgehog dual wielded mp5s but that didn't exactly do wonders for his cool factor.
That's because he got stuck in the 00s listening classic Linkin Park.

D

Deleted member

:ultcorrinf:: *expands do-...limb like a spear* "You wot m8?"
You can have the longest lance in the world (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) but if your armour is THAT dumb it cancels out.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This irrational fear for FE in smash is exactly the reason why I hope you do get another and it uses a sword. Because this FE fear is beyond stupid
I mean, I'm in the camp of I'm fine with Fire Emblem as is and would be welcoming, as long as they're unique, because I'm honestly really sick and tired of the swords. Though, my thing is that I would prefer more franchises getting the spotlight. I remember a while back where some people said "Metroid has too many characters", and to that I say:

...well.png

I don't see how ANYONE would complain about Metroid getting two reps this time around when Metroid had just Samus and Zero Suit for the better amount of ten years. Dark Samus and Ridley are fantastic additions. The fact that Donkey Kong got another rep and it being King K. Rool of all people was euphoric. Street Fighter got another rep, and hell, ****ing Castlevania went ALL OUT with two reps, and they just joined the Smash roster. This is the kinda stuff I love.

Now of course, not every franchise can't have another rep. Dunno how you could make the Gyromite Professor an actual fighter so R.O.B. will get a second rep. But I'm just the type of guy that likes to see other franchises get the love and am pretty content with the cast of Fire Emblem characters as is, same goes for the Mario and Pokemon cast. And if we DO get another Fire Emblem rep (and this also accounts for Mario and Pokemon in some way), again, I really hope there is no swords at all. Another weapon type would be absolutely fantastic.

I know that Sakurai and the dev team can make a unique Fire Emblem character without the need of a sword, Corrin is a great example of that with a good amount of his/her moves. That's my thoughts on the matter.

now if we can just get raiden so we can have rules of nature

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom