• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't there a case to be made for Robin being the MC for Awakening though? I don't know too much about FE, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Either way Sakurai might consider the playable character to be better for Smash then an NPC. Also, didnt Lucina start off development as a costume?
Robin is, for the most part, largely the second most important Awakening character, with Chrom as the clear first. The first two major arcs focus on Chrom, with the final arc being split between Chrom and Robin.

And for what it's worth, IS seems to agree that Chrom is the main character. Fates was billed as the first time the avatar was the main character.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I dunno, Moy.

I think you might be a bit biased.
what makes you say that?

But what I'm saying is, like, it's a series with almost 1,200 unique characters of several different weapon types and classes, and yet in Smash we only really have four unique fighting styles to show for it. Where are the lance and axe and pure magic users? At least give us Hector or Ephraim or something, damn it.

Cyn Cyn saw how few posts there were at one point and changed the title accordingly.
You thought Cyn changed the thread title, but it was me!
if the thread title is a dumb reference to the current topic you can probably safely assume I did it

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I wonder why that series never really took off... maybe it would have fared better on nintendo platforms?
I’m gonna guess a combination of 3 factors:
1. Gears of War came out around the same time and got all the advertising.
2. The game is ridiculously complex (seriously, it is)
3. Xbox core Demographic (read: Gritty FPS fans) doesn’t think too highly of colorful game.

These are just guesses though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
what combat advantage does having your bare feet out grant you
In the battlefield, I bet there will be tons of tiny little pebbles all across the battlefield. Getting your feet poked by these will make you angry, and you can unleash that anger into your next attack.

I totally didn’t make any of that up.
Allows you to exploit the enemies' fetishes of course.
And this I guess.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
what makes you say that?

But what I'm saying is, like, it's a series with almost 1,200 unique characters of several different weapon types and classes, and yet in Smash we only really have four unique fighting styles to show for it. Where are the lance and axe and pure magic users? At least give us Hector or Ephraim or something, damn it.

You thought Cyn changed the thread title, but it was me!
if the thread title is a dumb reference to the current topic you can probably safely assume I did it
Yeah, I guess I side b’d with :ultlittlemac: again. Oops.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last thing about Three House's opening theme. If it had been like this rendition of the trailer theme, I know I would've enjoyed it much more.

Definitely fits better with the series and doesn't sound like a bad anime opening.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
As strong as Caeda's thighs are, I don't think they have the gripping strength support the weight of a winged horse.
Does this look like the face of a girl who has the thighs to lift a 1000+ lbs horse?

I think "Marthipan" would say "yes".

D

Deleted member

Last thing about Three House's opening theme. If it had been like this rendition of the trailer theme, I know I would've enjoyed it much more.

Definitely fits better with the series and doesn't sound like a bad anime opening.
yeah but imo that's more boring then the actual theme

like idk how fe themes are "supposed" to sound like but the actual theme is really interesting to me, it's more unique then traditional vg themes

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Normally I’d wholeheartedly disagree with any notion for more FE characters. Having said that, I can get behind the idea of of more FE if they utilized the more diverse weapon classes found therein. I’ve been saying for years to add trident wielding Ganon just to add some weapon diversity.
Sakurai: "But swords though."

By the way, are you still up for a game of CAH, Cyn?

D

Deleted member

Oh dear I made a horrible mistake I tried sending this photos to one of sakurai’s tweets
FF13E109-6F79-4514-A112-3292853CB5AF.jpeg

And then it started spreading because of my stupidity for them to get nerfed and they’re making fun of me even my profile name said Steve for smash dlc
I’m so sad right now

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I’m gonna guess a combination of 3 factors:
1. Gears of War came out around the same time and got all the advertising.
2. The game is ridiculously complex (seriously, it is)
3. Xbox core Demographic (read: Gritty FPS fans) doesn’t think too highly of colorful game.

These are just guesses though.
On that last point why the **** even buy Rare if that was the developer's bread and butter. Banjo, DK, heck Conker to an extent though that game was sort of satire of colorful.. And especially since what have they done with Rare since.. Viva Pinata didnt take off and honestly would have been better as a nintendo title, Conker got a ****ty remaster, and the less we say about Banjo the better.

I mean i guess theres KI now but that took how many years since the purchase?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Sakurai: "But swords though."

By the way, are you still up for a game of CAH, Cyn?
Sakurai is actually exhausted by the sword characters, but they're the ones that are popular. The crowds asked for Chrom, not any spear or axe wielder. It's why we got Piranha Plant; it's a very unique character that isn't anime sword wielder #13. I can't go looking for the interview right now, but there was an interview last year where Sakurai threw shade at how many characters in video games use swords.

It's why I find the proposition that Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem are getting another character to be a little unsound. Sakurai only added Corrin when his team convinced him there could be a more unique moveset. Unless DQ or Fire Emblem can offer something unique, we're probably not getting a sword character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh dear I made a horrible mistake I tried sending this photos to one of sakurai’s tweets
View attachment 197745
And then it started spreading because of my stupidity for them to get nerfed and they’re making fun of me even my profile name said Steve for smash dlc
I’m so sad right now
It's almost like making demands to Sakurai and the team over twitter, and speaking for the whole community while doing so, was a terrible idea from the start.

Who could've known. Wow.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 197745
I’m so sad right now
Opposing brings up a fair point. Everyone worked their butts off to make this game. Especially Sakurai, heck, he brought his In drip to work. Probably others too. (Working their butts off, not bringing their IV drips specifically) Just to flat out demand something like this is a bit bold.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 197745
I’m so sad right now
You really requesting Ganon of all characters get nerfed?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sakurai is actually exhausted by the sword characters, but they're the ones that are popular. The crowds asked for Chrom, not any spear or axe wielder. It's why we got Piranha Plant; it's a very unique character that isn't anime sword wielder #13. I can't go looking for the interview right now, but there was an interview last year where Sakurai threw shade at how many characters in video games use swords.

It's why I find the proposition that Dragon Quest or Fire Emblem are getting another character to be a little unsound. Sakurai only added Corrin when his team convinced him there could be a more unique moveset. Unless DQ or Fire Emblem can offer something unique, we're probably not getting a sword character.
Hopefully he isn’t too sick of them that he couldn’t add at least one more
26ED22DE-2533-428C-97FE-FE5F9847270C.png

(provided they recognize the potential outside of just the sword)

D

Deleted member

View attachment 197745
I’m so sad right now
But... none of these characters need a nerf????

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
they're the ones that are popular
well, you kinda said it yourself - if erdrick is guaranteed to sell like hotcakes like cloud did, especially in japan where DQ is stupid popular, i feel like financial sense will come before sakurai's own personal gripes with swordies

D

Deleted member

No responsew

If you're referring as to when he referred to being difficult to make swordsmen disctinct enought from each other. He also mentioned the same ragarding brawlers. Doubt Sakurai will stop adding either.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

doesn't erdrick have like a billion other weapons and spells?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom