• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Capcom tweeting that there wasnt enough fan support is what really hit me in the nuts there. Fan support was literally the reason the game was planned in the first place : (
Hey, we're in the Capcom redemption arc right now. DMC5, REmake2, MHW, MM11. Maybe Capcom's gonna turn around on MML3

D

Deleted member

Hey, we're in the Capcom redemption arc right now. DMC5, REmake2, MHW, MM11. Maybe Capcom's gonna turn around on MML3
Don't give me hope mother-******. More seriously, I think after this we're getting X9 and then after that maybe theyll do a legends collection to see if there's interest. Would certainly get good pr at least.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've dabbled in the lore.

I was really into it in 2015-2016.
While you've been gone crap has been real. We got

An interview with Scott
A book series
A bigger focus on the nightguard
The announcment of a triple A FNAF title

And other stuff.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Means nothing when it's barely effective.
Actually, here's something more fun. Describe how you expect any user here to fight in a fighting game. You can make up supers too
This one has taken me a while, and not everyone's gonna be in it, otherwise I'd be here all day. I decided to go with 12 because that's a pretty believable roster for an Indie fighting game, or at least one that uses high-quality sprite work like Under Night In-Birth or (almost) all 2D fighters Arcsys has ever produced. Things are being kept gender-neutral with the writing, for obvious reasons.

I also challenged myself not to put more than one character from the same game, but there are exceptions if two characters debut in different games from the same franchise. Some characters also just have their franchise named instead of the specific sequel number, unless I need to make a distinction for characters that come from the same franchise. If a crossover game is listed instead of a character's home game, it's because their fighting game appearance is the main reference point.

Without further ado, a list of characters composed of friends and acquaintances alike. Don't worry if you're not on the list. It's like I said, there's just too many to go over. In no particular order:
KarneraMythos KarneraMythos - I'd play like a mix between Jin Saotome (Marvel vs. Capcom) and Hyde (Under Night In-Birth).
- Blodia's replaced with my own mech-like augments, so summonable jet thrusters are a thing. Grabs lead to explosive impacts.
- Sword deals significant chip damage like the Indulgence of Insulation (aka the Insulator), and non-sword moves are aggressively kick-heavy.

Idon Idon - Would play like the Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne) and Dante (Devil May Cry).
- Has a wide array of hard-hitting physical magic that resembles the Sparda brothers' sword swipes. Also shirtless and covered in power tattoos.
- Can summon energy pistols with Gun-Fu–like movements. A little bit of a brawler, a sword-user, and a zoner all in one.

NineS NineS - Would play like 2B (NIer: Automata) and Raven (Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator).
- Wears a mask at all times that occasionally changes expression for certain weapons as an indicator for both players.
- Aided by a cynical and intelligent cybernetic yatagarasu which acts as a substitute to Pod A. Does stuff like Nakoruru's bird from SamSho as well.

@faygoshill - Would play like Malos (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) and Midna (Twilight Princess).
- Wields a sword in a way that would make Shulk and Zeke proud, and can drain life from opponents.
- Possesses an Assist-type character as well, akin to that of Sever, except it's their own shadow. Think Eddie's Forbidden Beast from Guilty Gear.

@Onereasonanddone - Would play like Sigma (Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite) and Doomguy (DOOM).
- Packs a beam-saber on their belt with their BFG. Specializes in heavy palm strikes and arm swipes, using their gun as a bludgeon weapon at times.
- Can telepathically command their beam-saber to distract enemies while shooting from a distance.

ES. Dinah ES. Dinah - Would play like KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) and Bayonetta (Bayonetta).
- Uses 4 gunblades resembling mini-Zohars. They're in similar placements to Bayonetta's guns, and can fire laser shots or act as beam-swords.
- Can summon a Familiar that traps opponents like an iron maiden. Likes to flash step and deliver clean strikes on helpless opponents.

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - Would play like Joker (Persona 5) and Sora (Kingdom Hearts).
- Main weapon is a Skeleton-Keyblade. It can open dimensional doors that summons monsters and allies alike, either to attack, heal, or shield.
- Wields two sets of prison keys that can be used as chakrams. They have a z-axis–type dash that enables carefully-timed dodges.

Noipoi Noipoi - Would play like Undyne (Undertale) and Incineroar (Pokemon Sun & Moon).
- Carries a microphone stick around that doubles as a spear. They play a Kayfabe persona in battle, but breaks out into their kind self post-match.
- Surprisingly nimble for a grappler, utilizing their microphone spear to weaponize comicbook-style sound effects like Deadpool.

Aurane Aurane - Would play like... Ralsei (Deltarune) and Adeleine (Kirby 64).
- Wields a magic paintbrush that brings drawings to life. Can range from cute things like fairies to menacing things like the Jabberwocky.
- Has the ability to pacify opponents, basically being a "Friendship" option akin to Mortal Kombat. They are also adorably fluffy.

Zinith Zinith - Would play like Yoshi (Yoshi's Island) and Riptor (Killer Instinct 2013).
- The token Scaley to Ralsei's Furry. They have dieselpunk-style augmentations that emphasize fumes. Their eggs double as bombs.
- They are the leader of their own group, being able to command lesser members for pack-attacks. They display hedonistic tendencies.

@Shishœ - Would play like Crono (Chrono Trigger) and Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
- Can travel through timelines to enlist the aid of alternate versions of themselves for coordinated attacks. Can form into a mecha made of bodies.
- Uses a Niten Ichi-Ryū style with a daishō set. They are nicknamed "Big Hand" and "Little Hand", with wind and light strikes respectively.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku - Would play like Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven) and Steve (Minecraft)
- Is drawn entirely like a cartoon character and even animates like one. Parrying hits to the beat of background music fills up their crafting meter.
- Sculpts statues of themself with karate strikes, using them similarly to Sub-Zero. They can craft walls and mounds as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This one has taken me a while, and not everyone's gonna be in it, otherwise I'd be here all day. I decided to go with 12 because that's a pretty believable roster for an Indie fighting game, or at least one that uses high-quality sprite work like Under Night In-Birth or (almost) all 2D fighters Arcsys has ever produced. Things are being kept gender-neutral with the writing, for obvious reasons.

I also challenged myself not to put more than one character from the same game, but there are exceptions if two characters debut in different games from the same franchise. Some characters also just have their franchise named instead of the specific sequel number, unless I need to make a distinction for characters that come from the same franchise. If a crossover game is listed instead of a character's home game, it's because their fighting game appearance is the main reference point.

Without further ado, a list of characters composed of friends and acquaintances alike. Don't worry if you're not on the list. It's like I said, there's just too many to go over. In no particular order:
KarneraMythos KarneraMythos - I'd play like a mix between Jin Saotome (Marvel vs. Capcom) and Hyde (Under Night In-Birth).
- Blodia's replaced with my own mech-like augments, so summonable jet thrusters are a thing. Grabs lead to explosive impacts.
- Sword deals significant chip damage like the Indulgence of Insulation (aka the Insulator), and non-sword moves are aggressively kick-heavy.

Idon Idon - Would play like the Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne) and Dante (Devil May Cry).
- Has a wide array of hard-hitting physical magic that resembles the Sparda brothers' sword swipes. Also shirtless and covered in power tattoos.
- Can summon energy pistols with Gun-Fu–like movements. A little bit of a brawler, a sword-user, and a zoner all in one.

NineS NineS - Would play like a mix of 2B (NIer: Automata) and Raven (Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator).
- Wears a mask at all times that occasionally changes expression for certain weapons as an indicator for both players.
- Aided by a cynical and intelligent cybernetic yatagarasu which acts as a substitute to Pod A. Does stuff like Nakoruru's bird from SamSho as well.

@faygoshill - Would play like Malos (Xenoblade Chronicles 2) and Midna (Twilight Princess).
- Wields a sword in a way that would make Shulk and Zeke proud, and can drain life from opponents.
- Possesses an Assist-type character as well, akin to that of Sever, except it's their own shadow. Think Eddie's Forbidden Beast from Guilty Gear.

@Onereasonanddone - Would play like Sigma (Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite) and Doomguy (DOOM).
- Packs a beam-saber on their belt with their BFG. Specializes in heavy palm strikes and arm swipes, using their gun as a bludgeon weapon at times.
- Can telepathically command their beam-saber to distract enemies while shooting from a distance.

ES. Dinah ES. Dinah - Would play like KOS-MOS (Xenosaga) and Bayonetta (Bayonetta).
- Uses 4 gunblades resembling mini-Zohars. They're in similar placements to Bayonetta's guns, and can fire laser shots or act as beam-swords.
- Can summon a Familiar that traps opponents like an iron maiden. Likes to flash step and deliver clean strikes on helpless opponents.

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon - Would play like Joker (Persona 5) and Sora (Kingdom Hearts).
- Main weapon is a Skeleton-Keyblade. It can open dimensional doors that summons monsters and allies alike, either to attack, heal, or shield.
- Wields two sets of prison keys that can be used as chakrams. They have a z-axis–type dash that enables carefully-timed dodges.

Noipoi Noipoi - Would play like Undyne (Undertale) and Incineroar (Pokemon Sun & Moon).
- Carries a microphone stick around that doubles as a spear. They play a Kayfabe persona in battle, but breaks out into their kind self post-match.
- Surprisingly nimble for a grappler, utilizing their microphone spear to weaponize comicbook-style sound effects like Deadpool.

- Wields a magic paintbrush that brings drawings to life. Can range from cute things like fairies to menacing things like the Jabberwocky.
- Has the ability to pacify opponents, basically being a "Friendship" option akin to Mortal Kombat. They are also adorably fluffy.

Zinith Zinith - Would play like Yoshi (Yoshi's Island) and Riptor (Killer Instinct 2013).
- The token Scaley to Ralsei's Furry. They have dieselpunk-style augmentations that emphasize fumes. Their eggs double as bombs.
- They are the leader of their own group, being able to command lesser members for pack-attacks. They display hedonistic tendencies.

- Can travel through timelines to enlist the aid of alternate versions of themselves for coordinated attacks. Can form into a mecha made of bodies.
- Uses a Niten Ichi-Ryū style with a daishō set. They are nicknamed "Big Hand" and "Little Hand", with wind and light strikes respectively.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku - Would play like Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven) and Steve (Minecraft)
- Is drawn entirely like a cartoon character and even animates like one. Parrying hits to the beat of background music fills up their crafting meter.
- Sculpts statues of themself with karate strikes, using them similarly to Sub-Zero. They can craft walls and mounds as well.
this is H I G H E F F O R T

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
:ultalph:
GOD HAS FINALLY ENTERED THE SERVER.
JoyousDay.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

NineS NineS - Would play like 2B (NIer: Automata) and Raven (Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator).

Could you do me?

D

Deleted member

Now I want to know whT I would be. lol

Noipoi

Howdy!

Incinedyne.

My true form.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Been thinking a lot about Smash Ultimate tier lists, and whether it's too early in the meta or not. So, I decided to conduct a little study...

I calculated the time it took between Smash game release and first tier list release to see how long it took for the meta to develop before the back room found it appropriate to make an official tier list for the game.

Smash original: Not part of the list. The first ever "official" tier list was created by Game FAQs instead of Smashboards, and it wasn't until March 11th, 2008 when said tier list was released. For a 1999 game, that's too much of an outlier.

Project M also wasn't counted in the final calculations, since it's not a Smash game Nintendo made. It's absolutely wonderful in my opinion, but for the sake of the main Smash series and the topic of official tier lists, I wanted to only focus on the remaining main games: Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4.

Melee: December 3rd, 2001 release date for the NTSC version; October 8th, 2002 was when the first tier list was released for the game. That's a total of 310 days.

Brawl: Released on March 9th, 2008 to the globe. The first tier list came out on September 1st, 2008. 177 days.

Smash 4: Released on October 3rd, 2014 (only the 3ds version, but same engine). First tier list released on February 1st, 2016. That's a total of 487 days.

With looking at 177, 310, and 487, the average amount of days it takes for the first Smash tier list to be released is 324.67 days. That's nearly 11 months of time between game release and inaugural tier list release for each game. On average, it takes nearly 11 months for the back room to decide that it is appropriate to make a tier list for the meta.

I will also say though: due to the many early balance patches within Smash 4's early life, it caused the tier list to be delayed. Ultimate has patches as well, but the game is significantly more balanced than how Smash 4 was at release, from what I've seen. So, it's less likely that it will take 11 months for the first tier list to release for Ultimate. My estimate is that it will take anywhere from 6-12 months for the first tier list to release for Ultimate, leaning towards the lower end of that scale.

I just found this point interesting, considering all the talk on here about how the meta is progressing, and all the tier lists being released by professional players lately.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I say the latest
Been thinking a lot about Smash Ultimate tier lists, and whether it's too early in the meta or not. So, I decided to conduct a little study...

I calculated the time it took between Smash game release and first tier list release to see how long it took for the meta to develop before the back room found it appropriate to make an official tier list for the game.

Smash original: Not part of the list. The first ever "official" tier list was created by Game FAQs instead of Smashboards, and it wasn't until March 11th, 2008 when said tier list was released. For a 1999 game, that's too much of an outlier.

Project M also wasn't counted in the final calculations, since it's not a Smash game Nintendo made. It's absolutely wonderful in my opinion, but for the sake of the main Smash series and the topic of official tier lists, I wanted to only focus on the remaining main games: Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4.

Melee: December 3rd, 2001 release date for the NTSC version; October 8th, 2002 was when the first tier list was released for the game. That's a total of 310 days.

Brawl: Released on March 9th, 2008 to the globe. The first tier list came out on September 1st, 2008. 177 days.

Smash 4: Released on October 3rd, 2014 (only the 3ds version, but same engine). First tier list released on February 1st, 2016. That's a total of 487 days.

With looking at 177, 310, and 487, the average amount of days it takes for the first Smash tier list to be released is 324.67 days. That's nearly 11 months of time between game release and inaugural tier list release for each game. On average, it takes nearly 11 months for the back room to decide that it is appropriate to make a tier list for the meta.

I will also say though: due to the many early balance patches within Smash 4's early life, it caused the tier list to be delayed. Ultimate has patches as well, but the game is significantly more balanced than how Smash 4 was at release, from what I've seen. So, it's less likely that it will take 11 months for the first tier list to release for Ultimate. My estimate is that it will take anywhere from 6-12 months for the first tier list to release for Ultimate, leaning towards the lower end of that scale.

I just found this point interesting, considering all the talk on here about how the meta is progressing, and all the tier lists being released by professional players lately.
1. You reminded me on how Sm4sh's first tier list became outdated 2 days later.
2. If a tier list comes out for Ultimate, it should be timed better. 2 days before a character is added and balance changes was a fun time!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now I wait for one more. The absence has bugged me for a while, just like with Alph.

You should ask Moydow, since they were the one who added Alph. :p

Apparently Alph had been on the site's spritesheet the whole time but no one bothered to add them lol.

D

Deleted member

You should ask Moydow, since they were the one who added Alph. :p

Apparently Alph had been on the site's spritesheet the whole time but no one bothered to add them lol.
That’s just sad. #JusticeForAlph

D

Deleted member

Quick question: How do I make an actove thread? I’m holding a competition and it ends in a few days. Right now it has 2 entries.

D

Deleted member

You spread the word about it and make it interesting. Just remember, you're on a pretty small platform.
I do think it’s interesting enough, but how do I “spread the word.” I posted it here, the most active thread, and nobody from this thread applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom