• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Fairy and Dragon, like, the two most OP/rare types in the game? Because I don't see how they'd give one of the starters one of those types and hurt the other two by comparison.

I know your post was joking but I'm seeing a lot of people say Scorbunny will be a Fairy.
To be fair, Sun and Moon's water starter, Popplio, evolved into the water/fairy Primarina, so it's not out of the realm of possibility

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was wondering. What secondary type do you want my boi Sobble's evolution to be? :yoshi:
Congratulations, you've activated my Poke-nerd card.

Grookey: All of Grookey's foreign names reference music and rhythm. In it's first appearance it banged a rock with it's stick, perhaps creating a beat? Now if you follow the S/M/F theory Grookey could turn into a very feminine monkey. Perhaps a dark type to go with Greninja and Incineroar, which brings to mind the "Punk girl carrying a bamboo sword" stereotype. Or maybe a huge burly DK-like Gorilla with huge wood bongos. Maybe a drummer Chimp? I could also see fighting, rock, fairy, or ground as typings.

Scorbunny: Scorbunny is obviously the speedy one of the group, and seems to have a soccer theme. Hence the bandages. I see a stealthy, speedy soccer playing rabbit. Or maybe they could reference the moon rabbit of Japanese culture and have it be very serene and graceful. Either way it's gonna be fast and lithe. Possible typings I see are electric, fairy, steel, or ground. No, it will not be a fighting type.

Sobble: Sobble is the one i'm most sure of. I expect a huge, ripped sea creature with bulging muscles, savage jaws and intense swimming prowess. I could also see a Loch Ness Monster theme, maybe a ghostly lizard, a theater theme has been suggested, or perhaps they'll be straightforward and simply have it be a dragon. I see fighting, ghost, dragon, or poison.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Fairy and Dragon, like, the two most OP/rare types in the game? Because I don't see how they'd give one of the starters one of those types and hurt the other two by comparison.

I know your post was joking but I'm seeing a lot of people say Scorbunny will be a Fairy.
*cough, cough* Charizard *cough, cough*

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Grookey: All of Grookey's foreign names reference music and rhythm. In it's first appearance it banged a rock with it's stick, perhaps creating a beat? Now if you follow the S/M/F theory Grookey could turn into a very feminine monkey. Perhaps a dark type to go with Greninja and Incineroar. Or maybe a huge burly DK-like Gorilla with huge wood bongos. Maybe a drummer Chimp? I could also see fighting, rock, fairy, or ground as typings.

Scorbunny: Scorbunny is obviously the speedy one of the group, and seems to have a soccer theme. Hence the bandages. I see a stealthy, speedy soccer playing rabbit. Or maybe they could reference the moon rabbit of Japanese culture and have it be very serene and graceful. Either way it's gonna be fast and lithe. Possible typings I see are electric, fairy, steel, or ground. No, it will not be a fighting type.

Sobble: Sobble is the one i'm most sure of. I expect a huge, ripped sea creature with bulging muscles, savage jaws and intense swimming prowess. I could also see a Loch Ness Monster theme, maybe a ghostly lizard, a theater theme has been suggested, or perhaps they'll be straightforward and simply have it be a dragon. I see fighting, ghost, dragon, or poison.
The thought of Sobble becoming scaly bait aside, I can see the evolution being centered around growing confidence :yoshi:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Grookey: All of Grookey's foreign names reference music and rhythm. In it's first appearance it banged a rock with it's stick, perhaps creating a beat? Now if you follow the S/M/F theory Grookey could turn into a very feminine monkey. Perhaps a dark type to go with Greninja and Incineroar. Or maybe a huge burly DK-like Gorilla with huge wood bongos. Maybe a drummer Chimp? I could also see fighting, rock, fairy, or ground as typings.

Inb4 Scorbunny is Fire/Fighting just to annoy you.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

Oooo could you explain what the S/M/F theory is/what it stands for? I haven't heard of it but I've heard of everything else (like the music and theatre theme around Grookey and Sobble)

KMDP

Smash Legend
You do realize the implication of that don't ya. That would mean a certain... move has to be created :yoshi:
Yoshi's Pokémon moveset.

Headbutt
Stomp
Lick
Stockpile
Spit-Up
Swallow
Bounce
Rolling Kick
Head Smash
Acrobatics
Ember
Earthquake
Fly
Dragon Tail
Dazzling Gleam
Flame Charge
Bubble
Floaty Fall
...Pay-Day :troll:

Fairy isn't that OP. And Dragon-type isn't as OP as it used to be after Fairy was introduced.
You know what this thread needs...

Crates
You're right.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oooo could you explain what the S/M/F theory is/what it stands for? I haven't heard of it but I've heard of everything else (like the music and theatre theme around Grookey and Sobble)
The S/M/F theory stands for the "Stealthy, Masculine, Feminine" theory.

Since gen 6 the starters have followed a pattern. One is stealthy and quick, one is strong and sturdy, one is graceful and pretty.

Stealthy: Greninja (Gen 6, water) Decidueye (Gen 7, grass)

Masculine: Chesnaught (Gen 6, grass) Incineroar (Gen 7, fire)

Feminine: Delphox (Gen 6, fire) Primarina (Gen 7, water)

So if the pattern is truly a real pattern, it could be assumed that Grookey will evolve into a feminine monkey, Scorbunny will evolve into a stealthy rabbit, and Sobble will evolve into a masculine lizard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Implying Scorbunny won't be Fire/Electric, Fire/Steel, Fire/Ground or Fire/Fairy
yeah thats what im implying obviously lol

how the **** do you get fire/electric even

D

Deleted member

The S/M/F theory stands for the "Stealthy, Masculine, Feminine" theory.

Since gen 6 the starters have followed a pattern. One is stealthy and quick, one is strong and sturdy, one is graceful and pretty.

Stealthy: Greninja (Gen 6, water) Decidueye (Gen 7, grass)

Masculine: Chesnaught (Gen 6, grass) Incineroar (Gen 7, fire)

Feminine: Delphox (Gen 6, fire) Primarina (Gen 7, water)

So if the pattern is truly a real pattern, it could be assumed that Grookey will evolve into a feminine monkey, Scorbunny will evolve into a stealthy rabbit, and Sobble will evolve into a masculine lizard.
Someone tell Pokemon fans "two times a pattern does not make".

"Smash always replaces a FE character other than Marth, a humanoid Pokemon and a Link with a new equivalent character"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Someone tell Pokemon fans "two times a pattern does not make".

"Smash always replaces a FE character other than Marth, a humanoid Pokemon and a Link with a new equivalent character"
It's just a theory.

A gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame theory

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
who isnt saying trans rights
I'd start listing names but I don't want to share the entirety of my entire extended family here.

By combining Electricity with Fire

Better yet, how does Fire/Ice work?
By working together to make it through a zombie apocalypse.

Duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I remember watching a match between Mega Man and Pikachu before the macro-cancel nerf, and a ton of scrubby twitch users were booing Mega Man while cheering Pikachu.

That stream gave me cancer.
Doesn’t sound too bad
A good chunk of those don't need nerfs.
Exactly. All that needs to be done is to buff those who need it (ex::ultpit::ultmarth::ultbayonetta::ultduckhunt::ultcorrinf:), and only nerf those who are actually deserving of nerfs (ex::ultike: I guess, not really :ultlucina::ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu:...maybe/maybe not :ultpalutena:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom