• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Why is Cammy's spirit character Sheik?
ZSS fits much better. So much so that there are ZSS alts for Cammy out there via modding.
( I have never even played SF, and probably watched a few SF rounds in my life. )
Sheik works better for Cammy She's an assassin and her aerial/smash attacks fit Cammy's fighting style.

Only reason people are modding Cammy onto Zamus is due to her looks and body shape. You know, those kinds of people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quickplay is fine, but they removed one important thing:

The feeling of.... Relaxation.

I am always on edge, because I am either like "There goes my GSP and my chance to go to Elite Smash." or "Yes!"
I mean, winning is fun, but the whole system in general feels too competitive.

Either way, SU's online is still better than Smash 4's online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

I am always on edge, because I am either like "There goes my GSP and my chance to go to Elite Smash." or "Yes!"
I mean, winning is fun, but it just feels too competitive for me.

Just remember that GSP does not mean anything and the edge is gone.

It really doesn't mean anything. Nobody knows how it works and the player can effect it with their own biases/rule sets. It is quite frankly the worst ranking system I've seen this millennium.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So apparently Ganondorf’s Melee Model is actually just recycled from a very, very old showing of a new Zelda GameCube title that eventually evolved into The Wind Waker.

Everybody probably knows this, but just for people who don’t.
0E63EF06-4525-4AB5-A47B-C724905C9B3E.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I think the issue with GSP in Smash 4 was that it flat out didn't work at all. Like, you could be paired with some pro-player when you're just average at best. People complained, so they changed it so that it has meaning. Of course, since now there's an incentive to get your GSP as high as possible (Elite Smash), far more are going to be focused on rising and maintaining that GSP that losing it all and starting over again. It's stressful, and it's why many prefer arenas, as it just focuses on having a fun game, no matter the skill level.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So apparently Ganondorf’s Melee Model is actually just recycled from a very, very old showing of a new Zelda GameCube title that eventually evolved into The Wind Waker.

View attachment 197187
Thought that was common knowledge among Smash fans.

But it;s a cool piece of trivia that should be spread regardless.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 197187
I believe so.
It is also based off of the OoT Ganondorf.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

View attachment 197187
I believe his sword in Ultimate is also based on the same exact one shown in this tech demo,

Because, correct me, if I'm wrong, I don't remember Ganondorf ever using a sword, in my playthrough of Ocarina of Time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course, since now there's an incentive to get your GSP as high as possible (Elite Smash), far more are going to be focused on rising and maintaining that GSP that losing it all and starting over again. It's stressful, and it's why many prefer arenas, as it just focuses on having a fun game, no matter the skill level.
This is exactly why I prefer Arenas over Quickplay.

Quickplay is cool and all, but Arenas fit my style a lot better.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I believe his sword in Ultimate is also based on the same exact one shown in the tech demo,
The sword in the tech demo was used in his Melee art which is also the one he ends up using in Ultimate.

Because, correct me, if I'm wrong, I don't remember Ganondorf ever using a sword in my playthrough of Ocarina of Time
He only used magic.

Yo, Inkling art?

Bonus Inkling Zelda:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I believe his sword in Ultimate is also based on the same exact one shown in this tech demo,

Because, correct me, if I'm wrong, I don't remember Ganondorf ever using a sword, in my playthrough of Ocarina of Time
I can’t speak for Ultimate, but I know that that is the case for Brawl.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It was. That sword was also in Melee, as one of his victory animations. I don't think it ever got an official name, but I hope they do canonize it, like the Master Cycle.

D

Deleted member

I have not seen Smash 4 footage ever since Ultimate's release.
Smash 4 must feel so slow.

D

Deleted member

Sega FES on March 30 and 31 has a Sakura Wars Exhibition and a Atlus Exhibition

expect news from there at the most
If I have to wait until the end of the damn month for something they should've announced two months ago, I'm going to flip a goddamn table like that Japanese arcade game.

D

Deleted member

I must be very weird to say this, but fanart never attracts me in a sexual way.
I like the feeling of it being "official, canon, original, made by that company that they represent, or sponsored by the company at least."

D

Deleted member

I must be very weird to say this, but fanart never attracts me in a sexuall way.
I like the feeling of it being "official, canon, original, made by that company that they represent, or sponsored by the company at least."
Because it’s not hot if it’s not official.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I have to wait until the end of the damn month for something they should've announced two months ago, I'm going to flip a goddamn table like that Japanese arcade game.
Look at it from the bright side: You have to wait less from actual reveal to release.

D

Deleted member

TBH I find GSP being ****ty actually kinda helpful, mostly because it helps me understand that it really doesn't matter at all

I mean if I really wanted to I could cheese some FFAs with my godlike FFA Samus and get her into Elite Smash whenever I want. It helps me put more emphasis on learning the game, trying out strategies I wouldn't normally use if I was playing it safe, and overall actually playing the game rather then the "I need to WIN" mindset that got me to ragequit Splatoon 2

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I need some reaction images, so if anybody could hit me up with some good ones that would be great.
Have I ever introduced you to Nia?
hioi38a5dkc01.png
images (2).jpeg
tumblr_p0s8s8wqfx1w6exduo3_500.jpg
5bf.jpg
tumblr_p0s8s8wqfx1w6exduo4_250.jpg
Also, as you could probably tell by my posts, you could essentially screenshot any moment of any XC2 cutscene and it'll be topical at some point

D

Deleted member

It was. That sword was also in Melee, as one of his victory animations. I don't think it ever got an official name, but I hope they do canonize it, like the Master Cycle.
tfw Mario Kart is more canon then Ganon having a sword.

D

Deleted member

I am slowly beginning to learn that Indie games are gems.
Indie games usually being better than games made by big businesses is truly a miracle.
INDIE.PNG
Terra2.PNG
Undertale.PNG

Cuphead.PNG

Hat in Time.PNG

D

Deleted member

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I have not seen Smash 4 footage ever since Ultimate's release.
Smash 4 must feel so slow.
It's not that much slower. It's hillarious how slowly characters fly off screen though.
I need some reaction images, so if anybody could hit me up with some good ones that would be great.
don't know if these are "good" but whatever.
Bowser stop.jpg

Garnet Shrug.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom