• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I’ve been thinking about getting into Rythm Heaven myself. Anything I should know?
I recommend that you have a fair sense of rhythm, if you want to play it...

Unlike most rhythm games, there aren't really any visual cues, just audio ones. Listen carefully, timing is key.
This track is quality, every time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don’t worry about it.
Okayyyyy. xD

I recommend that you have a fair sense of rhythm, if you want to play it...

Unlike most rhythm games, there aren't really any visual cues, just audio ones. Listen carefully, timing is key.

This track is quality, every time
Gotcha. I’ll progably get mega mix today if I have the dough.

I am going to go outside.

One thing I want to say before I go is that I always dreamed of playing a Minecraft Survival server with all of you.

Can we make it work? Please?
I may be able to create a server.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah I was just kidding.

There was a period where, if you followed SU or cartoon/animated media content in general on YouTube you’d be recommended SU critique videos with some outright stating the show sucks in the title.

I’ve seen all the episodes but the show admittedly bores the crap out of me. A big part of that boredom stems from the show following events from Steven’s perspective 100% of the time which meant we couldn’t see Lars’s Adventures or other stuff on Homeworld etc. but instead have to watch him screwing around on Beach City. Also they didn’t save the Rubies. DAMMIT.

There’s also the off-model shots, inconsistencies with heights, abilities, and lack of interesting perspectives and angles that also makes it hard for me to immerse myself into what I’m watching on-screen.
I didn't actually notice the Off-Model stuff until it was pointed out, but now that I notice it, it bugs the hell out of me.

Visual consistency is important, Rebecca!
Man I hate this way of thinking that flawed things are necessarily "bad" just because of them. Everything I like has flaws that I'm willing to look past, while still acknowledging the flaws with that thing. Doesn't mean that I'm a sheep for doing so.
Don't forget also that sometimes, what one person considers a "flaw" might be what another person actually likes about the product.

Sonic
Person 1: How can you react to the obstacles coming up when you're going so fast?
Person 2: Okay, there's an obstacle there, I need to remember that for next time.

Steven Universe
Person 1: Man, these Beach City episodes are so boring.
Person 2: I wonder what the Pizza family is up to?

DBZ
Person 1: All they do is scream all the time, how is that fun?
Person 2: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
All you gotta know is that this is the best song:

Also, yoooooo another Wario Ware fan! :ultwario:
Yeah I played my first Wario Ware game, Smooth Moves, a few years back when one of my dad’s friends let us borrow it. I didn’t really think too much of it, then I saw Wario in Smash 4 and fell in love with his personality after that, I decided to play Wario Land, and I loved it, then Wario Ware Deluexe came out, so I played that, and then I realized how freaking amazing the games were. For some random dude, Wario makes some real good games.

D

Deleted member

I prefer the term "I actually liked Brawl".
I actually do like Brawl, ha ha. Used to be my favorite Smash before Ultimate, and is probably the only one I'd bother revisiting in any major capacity after playing Ultimate.

Brawl is only bad if you're trying to make an E-Sport out of it. If you embrace Brawl as the party game it is, it's probably tied with Ultimate for the best casual Smash game.

EDIT: It also has the best OST in the series, sooo...:drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I actually do like Brawl, ha ha. Used to be my favorite Smash before Ultimate, and is probably the only one I'd bother revisiting in any major capacity after playing Ultimate.

Brawl is only bad if you're trying to make an E-Sport out of it. If you embrace Brawl as the party game it is, it's probably tied with Ultimate for the best casual Smash game.
I think Brawl just gets a lot of hate because it was not the best and had some odd mechanics, (tripping, xD) but I don’t think it’s bad. If anything, 64 is the worst in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Technically Ultimate has the best OST because it combines all the other OSTs... >_>
Brawl's main theme, though...

Brawl also had really good remixes. Snowman will always be my favorite Smash song.

D

Deleted member

I think Brawl just gets a lot of hate because it was not the best and had some odd mechanics, (tripping, xD) but I don’t think it’s bad. If anything, 64 is the worst in my opinion.
64 players be like
*Kirby up-tilt noises*

D

Deleted member

Ultimate has Guile's Theme, though.
It comes extremely close but Brawl also has rockin' remixes of Butter Building, 02, Marx's Theme, and the Mother 3 Love Theme. Also, while not a remix, the Metroid Prime Main Theme was in Brawl and I don't think it was in Ultimate.

I will admit that Ultimate has better Animal Crossing and Sonic songs, though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It’s been great having a bigger game to play in Persona 5. Between that, work, and doing stuff around the house, i’ve been able to keep my mind off of Smash Directs and what not.

Granted, i’d like to think one is coming relatively soon. I want to see Joker’s moveset, and I want to get Erdrick over with, or whoever Brave is.

I just realized I still have to play Dragon Quest XI. Won’t be playing that next, but it’s in my next handful anyway. I might actually get into DMC and Ace Attorney whenever that collection comes out.

Too many games, so little time.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I need some reaction images, so if anybody could hit me up with some good ones that would be great.
I'm late, but hopefully these will suffice.
IMG_20190308_104724.jpg

IMG_20190304_131137.jpg

IMG_20190227_081235.jpg

IMG_20190220_004006.jpg

5f8.jpg

IMG_20190118_101147.jpg

D

Deleted member

Just held my Wii U Gamepad again for a few seconds to make sure its battery was okay (planning on trying to finally finish my Wii U backlog this year) and I gotta say...

...Dang that thing feels super weird and cheap when compared to the Switch now, lol. It feels so clunky, I've really gotten spoiled by the sleek form factor of the Switch.

D

Deleted member

Just held my Wii U Gamepad again for a few seconds to make sure its battery was okay (planning on trying to finally finish my Wii U backlog this year) and I gotta say...

...Dang that thing feels super weird and cheap when compared to the Switch now, lol. It feels so clunky, I've really gotten spoiled by the sleek form factor of the Switch.
But I like ‘em clunky.

I like ‘em big.

D

Deleted member

I mean, you can like both. I'll still gladly boot up Brawl anyday and have fun with SSE, Stage Builder, or Coin Launcher at the very least.
Oh my goodness, I forgot ALL about Coin Launcher in Brawl! That thing was so dang good. Not to mention Brawl's stadium, Boss Rush, good All-Star...

Brawl, to this day, is still my favorite Smash when it comes to content. All the fighters we have in Ultimate are truly amazing and I love it, but it does come with a cost. Limited development time means things have to be cut for other things (in Ultimate's case, the roster was definitely the top priority), and Ultimate suffers from not really having anything to do outside of the core modes. Brawl is still the king of variety, in my book. Hopefully Ultimate's post-launch support gets it up to Brawl's level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh my goodness, I forgot ALL about Coin Launcher in Brawl! That thing was so dang good. Not to mention Brawl's stadium, Boss Rush, good All-Star...

Brawl, to this day, is still my favorite Smash when it comes to content. All the fighters we have in Ultimate are truly amazing and I love it, but it does come with a cost. Limited development time means things have to be cut for other things (in Ultimate's case, the roster was definitely the top priority), and Ultimate suffers from not really having anything to do outside of the core modes. Brawl is still the king of variety, in my book. Hopefully Ultimate's post-launch support gets it up to Brawl's level.
Brawl had good mini games, yeah. In fact I am annoyed we haven't received online stadium modes since that game. But with the rumor of HMC returning I am hoping they bring it online once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom