• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There isn't, KarneraMythos KarneraMythos took the last spot.

But I'll let you know if someone leaves. Here's the arena info.

MGL27
Yeah I just figured that out. I can wait though.
Somewhere in ancient human history, there had to be the first gay person.

Wonder who they were.
Considering that a lot of animal species can (apparently) be homosexual, it probably wasn't a human but rather a common ancestor humans share with other animal species.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay I can't get this to work so I'll just do it differently. If these were the newcomers of Smash Ultimate would y'all be satisfied and what would Y'all think?

Newcomers: Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Elma, Mach Rider, Inklings, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Simon Belmont, Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters: Daisy, Dixie, Dark Samus, Chrom, Ninten, Isabelle, Shadow, Richter, Ken

DLC: Piranha Plant, Incineroar (Push him to DLC Making room for the other Newcomers), Joker, Rex/Pyra, Erdrick, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Jill Valentine, Sword/Shield Pokemon, Lloyd Irving, Travis Touchdown and Sora
I'd be pretty darn satified. Sure no Medusa but its got Elma and Banjo. Better then nothing. Oh and Phoenix Wright being icing on cake to top it off.

D

Deleted member

In all honesty, it doesnt look like that. I dont see reason to add them (particularly Mach Rider as there are quite a few retro picks that are equally or more popular like Lip and Takamaru), and remove a few characters like Isabelle and moving Incineroar to DLC especially considering the juggernaut that is Pokemon. Seems just like justifications to add them.

I dont particularly like rosters that just try to satisfy everyone because that's impossible, and lets be honest, a lot of people would just jump ship to a new pick after the other ones are confirmed. Its an endless cycle, heck, even Sakurai even commented on satisfying the fans being impossible. I personally feel that the everybody's here is one of the sweetest things we ever got in a game, and the newcomers being long requests and cool new faces being a cherry on the top. Lets just hope that additional picks we like are DLC.
The Reason I added Mach Rider is cause much like Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B these three have some existence outside of Gaming be it being a console within itself, being a Peripheral and in Mach Rider's case a Toy which makes Mach Rider seem to be in line with Sakurai's choices for Retro reps and I added him cause I think Mach Rider is cool. I forgot about Takamaru at that moment and I didn't even know Lip was popular.

I moved Isabelle to Echo Status cause she could fit with being a Chrom level Echo fighter and I justified moving Isabelle to Echo status for the reason of bringing in other characters to the base game not because I have a problem with Isabelle being unique I just think she could work with being a Chrom level Echo fighter. Isabelle was demoted cause without that the Roster wouldn't look as realistic plus again I thought demoting her would save Development time for other characters.

I moved Incineroar to DLC cause of the same reason for Isabelle being an Echo fighter which is to save Development Time for other characters be it those select few from the Leak or others that I mentioned. I didn't want to cut Incineroar entirely cause he's a fun character and the people who want Incineroar are nice people from my experience.

I will give you credence that I did start liking Chorus Kids cause of that Leak but I didn't choose these character cause of that Leak that's not what I chose them for, I chose them cause I think those characters are cool and I saw that other people wanted them too I just wanted to start a conversation. You make fair points and I will give you credit where credit is due as I started wanting a few characters on that leak cause of it but again that's not why I chose those characters.

Edit: Also the reason I demoted Isabelle was cause I wanted to keep the roster somewhat grounded even if a only a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Playing Ganondorf feels like you're playing his own game and not Smash. You get whacked around and GIMPed by swordfighters' disjointed hitboxes offstage then all of a sudden theyre at 1 stock and you forward smashed them once and you won?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't think Itsuno was saying that as a "Get a Switch port, and we'll put Dante in."
I think it was a joke more than anything else, because it isn't Itsuno/Capcom that goes out and decides the DLC characters, it's Nintendo/Sakurai.
Sort of a "Ha, they didn't consider us because we weren't 'Nintendo' enough."

And ****, I'll be honest, I'll buy Devil May Cry a hundred times on every platform if it means Dante has even the slightest chance of getting in. A Switch port most of all would be wonderful for me, even if it is just DMC1,3, and 4.

Also, I kinda want Lyn too just so I can pretend she's fem-Vergil and reenact the whole "Why do you refuse to gain power?" shtick.
C9A5RiOUQAA22V4.jpg

When you word it that way, that's a huge bummer. Hopefully, with Devil May Cry's rise in the mainstream, they'll consider him in Wave 2. He's like... the "Rex/Pyra" of 3rd-Party characters for me right now. It helps that his games are fun too, since I had the collection on the PS3 back then. As a newcomer at the time, I enjoyed every bit of it. However, I already had a pretty good grasp of the characters and the lore, so it was a similar situation to my first experience with Nocturne.
And now KarneraMythos KarneraMythos has made me double down on that search. Damn.
Fun-fact: My 2 primary Mains happen to be title characters from my childhood. Keep trying to learn Zelda and don't let mirrors get you down.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Okay I can't get this to work so I'll just do it differently. If these were the newcomers of Smash Ultimate would y'all be satisfied and what would Y'all think?

Newcomers: Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Bandana Dee, Elma, Mach Rider, Inklings, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Simon Belmont, Banjo-Kazooie

Echo Fighters: Daisy, Dixie, Dark Samus, Chrom, Ninten, Isabelle, Shadow, Richter, Ken

DLC: Piranha Plant, Incineroar (Push him to DLC Making room for the other Newcomers), Joker, Rex/Pyra, Erdrick, Steve, Phoenix Wright, Jill Valentine, Sword/Shield Pokemon, Lloyd Irving, Travis Touchdown and Sora
You are missing a crucial character here...

D

Deleted member

I mean, hey. I would love to see Devil May Cry on Switch, it'd feel at home with the likes of Astral Chain and Bayonetta. I DO think, however -- and this is even with a "Switch Pro" in mind -- DMCV isn't coming to the Switch, ever.

I know people wanna see these games like RE2: Remake, DMCV, FFXV and KHIII on the Switch, but you gotta realize that these games most likely have been in production before the Switch was even developed and without it in mind. They also never expected the Switch to blow up as much as it is now, so things like Dragon's Dogma, ACIII Remastered and other such games, I feel, are a "filler response", in case they do end up bringing those huge-scale games to Switch.

I will say, it's possible. Wolfenstein II, DOOM Eternal and DOOM, MK11 and Crash, they've all we're impressive and shown with a little big of elbow grease and an unusual amount of sweat, dreams can happen. Even some Nintendo-published games like Breath of the Wild and Smash Ultimate, too. Just a waiting game, really.

And speaking of waiting, Day 9 of Atlus still not announcing anything. Almost gonna be Day 15 soon!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I moved Isabelle to Echo Status cause she could fit with being a Chrom level Echo fighter and I justified moving Isabelle to Echo status for the reason of bringing in other characters to the base game not because I have a problem with Isabelle being unique I just think she could work with being a Chrom level Echo fighter. Isabelle was demoted cause without that the Roster wouldn't look as realistic plus again I thought demoting her would save Development time for other characters.

I moved Incineroar to DLC cause of the same reason for Isabelle being an Echo fighter which is to save Development Time for other characters be it those select few from the Leak or others that I mentioned. I didn't want to cut Incineroar entirely cause he's a fun character and the people who want Incineroar are nice people from my experience.
But your roster has an unrealistic amount of newcomers either way, it seems unnecessary to make changes to create more hypothetical development time.

D

Deleted member

The Reason I added Mach Rider is cause much like Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B these three have some existence outside of Gaming be it being a console within itself, being a Peripheral and in Mach Rider's case a Toy which makes Mach Rider seem to be in line with Sakurai's choices for Retro reps and I added him cause I think Mach Rider is cool.
Toy and game are completely unrelated.

Also, going by an earlier post, "moving someone to DLC to make room for more characters" is literally an impossibility. That logic makes no sense, even in a hypothetical.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I was, and I completely forgot I was in it so apologies if the game started and I delayed it by being inactive.
No, the game hasn't started yet.

I noticed you didn't say anything, if you couldn't find it the Chat Window is in the top-right of the screen.

I'm also wondering who "Fhwy" was, they didn't stick around.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fun-fact: My 2 primary Mains happen to be title characters from my childhood. Keep trying to learn Zelda and don't let mirrors get you down.
Oh they don't get me down at all. I enjoy the challenge. It's why I get in these arenas. I want to play people better than I am as often as they'll let me.

I just struggle with the idea that there's a better main that I haven't found yet. I don't know if Zelda's the right one. But I haven't found anyone I'm better with. I'm struggling with, like, just feeling like I have all the mechanics down and sticking with the characters I already know is the only way to stay competitive.

D

Deleted member

But your roster has an unrealistic amount of newcomers either way, it seems unnecessary to make changes to create more hypothetical development time.
In hindsight I have to agree with you I already made it unrealistic so no reason to try to be realistic. I should've thought it out more if I wanted to be realistic.

D

Deleted member

Ahh Roy's recovery.
Having weird and tiny hitboxes since Melee's development in 2000.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright lads, my fate is in your hands.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze or Octopath Traveler for my next game?

I'm a huge fan of both platformers and RPG's, so i'm having trouble deciding.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
View attachment 197131
When you word it that way, that's a huge bummer. Hopefully, with Devil May Cry's rise in the mainstream, they'll consider him in Wave 2. He's like... the "Rex/Pyra" of 3rd-Party characters for me right now. It helps that his games are fun too, since I had the collection on the PS3 back then. As a newcomer at the time, I enjoyed every bit of it. However, I already had a pretty good grasp of the characters and the lore, so it was a similar situation to my first experience with Nocturne.

Yeah, the PS2 was the first gaming console I owned that was purely my own. Its games are really dear to me so seeing any of my childhood heroes hit the big time would be so amazing for me. In hindsight, Sora really didn't click for me until 2.5, so the nostalgia for him isn't as powerful.
demifiend splash 3 small.png

fdftdmcs.png

But hey, DMC's back, and so is SMT, and that's the best any guy can hope for.

demi dante stretch.jpg

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
When will this stop
Never.

It'll never stop.
---------------------------------------------------------
Regarding CAH, I'm wondering when to start the next game. I'm the Host so I can start it at any time.
DKC.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Didn't you say you wanted Tropical Freeze before? Anyways, I'd go with Octopath...

Though I would've preferred the next game be Crafted World...

D

Deleted member

That is a hard question...
How about save up for both?

D

Deleted member

Okay I realize in hindsight my roster was complete BS I am sorry that I had too much fan pandering to the roster. I think I need to go rethink my stance in regards to the way I see this kind of stuff now.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I still haven't gotten around to playing Octopath yet so I'm incredibly biased, but I say Tropical Freeze. That game is especially fun if you like having your butt kicked repeatedly.

D

Deleted member

Tropical Freeze

It's DKC, why shouldn't you choose it? and why haven't I bought it yet?

D

Deleted member

Tropical Freeze, I'd say. It's best to always keep a good pace of RPGs so you don't get burned out, so I think DKC should be a good break for ya.

The only thing that's stopping ME from getting Octopath is how all 8 characters don't interact with each other in any way story-wise.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Definitely Tropical Freeze. It's super fun, has great music, and really good level design.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ room's open.

Also I cannot close out a goddamn match to save my life. No matter the lead.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, looks like I'm the only person still in the CAH game.

Time to play Solitaire CAH! :laugh:

Seriously, though, I'll keep it open until 8 AM GMT, which is in 17 minutes.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Quickplay isn't fun at the moment. I fought a horrible TL player in Elite Smash who ran away and just threw projectiles. Hot take but anybody who does that (Links and Belmonts mainly) isn't fun to play against no matter how "optimal" their strategy is.

Anyways, anybody got any arenas open?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's what newcomers and DLC fighters I would've personally picked! Tell me what you think!

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling, Paper Mario, Simon Belmont, Breloom, Incineroar, and Wolf Link and Midna.

Echo Fighters: Daisy, Shadow, Dark Samus, Ken, Alph, Richter Belmont, Boshi, and Impa.

DLC: Pirahna Plant (still bonus), Joker, Shantae, Rayman, Slime, and Black Mage.

I tried to keep it semi-realistic, but I also made sure it stood out from any other character list!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm still mad at Itsuno for coming up with such a lame excuse to hide Dante behind an unnecessary paywall (of sorts). Hopefully, he makes good on his word about a Switch port for the franchise.
Wait, wait. What do you mean Dahte paywall? I'm lost.

Also it's kinda weird seeing people shorten DMC5 as DMCV when the name of the game is Devil May Cry 5 and not Devil May Cry V...

Is it just me?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Here's what newcomers and DLC fighters I would've personally picked! Tell me what you think!

Newcomers: King K. Rool, Ridley, Inkling, Paper Mario, Simon Belmont, Breloom, Incineroar, and Wolf Link and Midna.

Echo Fighters: Daisy, Shadow, Ken, Alph, Richter Belmont, Boshi, and Impa.

DLC: Pirahna Plant (still bonus), Joker, Shantae, Rayman, Slime, and Black Mage.

I tried to keep it semi-realistic, but I also made sure it stood out from any other character list!
Hmm, pretty standard list. Nothing that really stands ou--

Wait...

We're gonna get along just fine :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom