• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ I really admire your control with Zelda. Not a single move is made without a purpose. It's really inspiring to watch.
And then I fight a Dedede and panic the entire match because that F-smash can kill me at 60%. :psycho:

Control has been what I've personally been working on actually. I'm trying to have learn to have more patience in neutral so it's good to be complemented for it.

It's part of why I picked up Zelda, actually. Those Lightning Kicks can really backfire if used recklessly.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The thing about Smash Ultimate, and every other game I play as a matter of fact, is that I just don't have as much interest in doing well, or even straight up playing it. Maybe it's a puberty thing, I don't know. I hope my interest can get invigorated soon so I can play against you guys at my best!
Same here. I don't have the confidence to go online these days...

D

Deleted member

And then I fight a Dedede and panic the entire match because that F-smash can kill me at 60%. :psycho:

Control has been what I've personally been working on actually. I'm trying to have learn to have more patience in neutral so it's good to be complemented for it.

It's part of why I picked up Zelda, actually. Those Lightning Kicks can really backfire if used recklessly.
Did someone say Dedede?

DEDEDE MAINS RISE UP

BOTTOM TEXT

LetterO

Smash Lord
Welp, I really overspammed Nayru's Love in that last match. So much for control.
Wait are you that Dedede in the arena?

The one who killed my Zelda at like 60%?
Dedede's sweetspot on the F-Smash is brutal.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's a confidence thing at all for me. I think it might have to do with all of the hormones going through my body in this time of my life, it might affect the way I think when it comes to exerting effort.

Or maybe I'm just lazy now I dunno lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, if you want to get better, you have to break through that wall with brute force by losing over and over again until you learn.

That's what I'm doing.

I haven't won a match in the last four and a half hours. But who's counting.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think the biggest weakness of my Zelda is not anything directly to do with the character herself, but rather that I always forget to change the stage selection from "Battlefield" to "Omega".

Like seriously those platforms are awful for her. She can't shark them at all. U-air is slow, U-tilt doesn't reach, Nair puts her in danger, and U-Smash doesn't reach until the very last hit. They even mess with her landing since they block Farore's Wind.

But BF is Pokemon Trainer's favorite stage (imo) so I always have that one set by default.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I might drop Lucina but I'm not too sure, I'm thinking about picking up Roy or Ike instead as I prefer characters who hit harder. I did temporarily main both in Smash 4 so I have some experience. I still haven't found the right characters for me I know one of them are Dedede but I don't know about Secondaries or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Honestly, if you want to get better, you have to break through that wall with brute force by losing over and over again until you learn.

That's what I'm doing.

I haven't won a match in the last four and a half hours. But who's counting.
You did win some against my Zelda. And she was someone I mained about a month ago... so that’s something.

Man, I just realized that within a span of a month, Zelda went from being my legitimate main to someone I’m dropping completely.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Aight, I think I have to dip. Good matches. I gotta practice my Dedede more against projectile heavy characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just so you guys know, a lot of those Din's Fires are actually misinputs.

There's some neat Zelda tech I'm trying to master that displaces the phantom, and the method I use results in a lot of Din's Fires if I don't use it right.

D

Deleted member

yeah I noticed it two matches ago and again this match, there's definitely something wrong with my Controller or something. Something's definitely up so I'm gonna hop off of the Arena I might come back, I might not.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
50.9% damage given. 1m12s match time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think this will be my last match. I'm starting to tune out. Mentally, that is. It's close to my bedtime.

D

Deleted member

Did the game get faster or is that just me? The game seems faster... I think I either finally adjusted to the Speed of the game or I snapped the latter isn't very likely so I'm either very sleep deprived or I adjusted to the speed of the game.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp that's it for tonight. Good games to PsySmasher PsySmasher LetterO LetterO staindgrey staindgrey KarneraMythos KarneraMythos and @ShotoStar .

Especially KarneraMythos KarneraMythos . I got a lot of valuable Mega Man match up experience from those two or three matches you used him against me. I also learned today that I use panic options too much when getting up at the ledge and that it's super punishable for someone with patience, so I'll be working on that.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Your avi looks like a DR-style Sammy. It's pretty neat.

I'm gonna head out in a bit. I've got drawings to do.
Thanks for sticking it out to give me a few more matches. I think I'm tapping out.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Welp that's it for tonight. Good games to PsySmasher PsySmasher LetterO LetterO staindgrey staindgrey KarneraMythos KarneraMythos and @ShotoStar .

Especially KarneraMythos KarneraMythos . I got a lot of valuable Mega Man match up experience from those two or three matches you used him against me. I also learned today that I use panic options too much when getting up at the ledge and that it's super punishable for someone with patience, so I'll be working on that.
Ugh, I know that feeling... When you're on the receiving end of getting back on stage, it's suffering when you're up against people who play 4D rock-paper-scissors. I have friends who almost always perfectly-time ledge get ups. Whether it's a neutral one, a roll, or a jump on stage, they just decimate me, lol.

Thanks for sticking it out to give me a few more matches. I think I'm tapping out.
No problem! Matchup (I almost wrote ketchup) knowledge is always helpful, after all. I needed to flex Ike a bit more anyway. Dear god, what happened? I used to be OK with him, lmao.

Anyways, good games you guys! Same goes for PsySmasher PsySmasher LetterO LetterO @ShotoStar Idon Idon

This also includes you two, Zach and Grey, although I figured you'd already know that considering you're both quoted.
chins.png

D

Deleted member

I secretly hope that I'm actually amazing and that I just think I'm bad compared to you guys.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay I went to quickplay to try and finish on some sort of strong note and I three-stocked a 3mil Ganondorf without taking any damage through his entire first stock.

I feel better now. I can stop playing this game for the night.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow, I’d love to do some serious arena practice. Could one of you please tag me if one opens up?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I secretly hope that I'm actually amazing and that I just think I'm bad compared to you guys.
Way back in 8wayrun, I remember someone coining the term "compasual" player, which is a portmanteau of casual and competitive. In terms of skill level, I'd say I'm better than most people, but the bottom-of-the-barrel in terms of expert play. Right in the middle, basically.

Okay I went to quickplay to try and finish on some sort of strong note and I three-stocked a 3mil Ganondorf without taking any damage through his entire first stock.

I feel better now. I can stop playing this game for the night.
3-stocking the King of Disrespect, eh? Nice!
Thumbs_up.gif

D

Deleted member

Honestly I feel that I'm not that good of a player compared to Y'all so I need to get some hardcore practice in, I may be underestimating myself but I feel like I'm not.

Edit: Fixed a typo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Way back in 8wayrun, I remember someone coining the term "compasual" player, which is a portmanteau of casual and competitive. In terms of skill level, I'd say I'm better than most people, but the bottom-of-the-barrel in terms of expert play. Right in the middle, basically.
I'd say I'm "compasual" too.

Better than a casual player but nowhere near the level of a competitive player.

Off-stage play is my biggest weakness right now (also, in terms of 1P, over-reliance on Smash Attacks).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though I don't hate the new online as much as I probably should, I really wish they would be more clear with GSP and how it works. It really sucks when you consistently do well, have a bad match or two, and then have to watch your score tank hard, wiping away all your progress and then some.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Honestly I feel that I'm not that good of a player compared to Y'all so I need to get some hardcore practice in, I may be underestimating myself but I feel like I'm not.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
Personally, 2v2s are a blast. They're the most fun I ever have for competitive play, mainly because everyone (that can possibly join for the format) can play and it's fun pulling off combos with your partner.

It's also equally hilarious accidentally screwing up your partner as well. I should know, I've made a friend or two salty because of a dumb error or an unluckily-timed hit, lmfao.

Even though I don't hate the new online as much as I probably should, I really wish they would be more clear with GSP and how it works. It really sucks when you consistently do well, have a bad match or two, and then have to watch your score tank hard, wiping away all your progress and then some.
Weirdly enough, although I am a victim of dropping points constantly with every loss, it's never enough to keep me out of Elite Smash, at least not forever. Even with how crappy my Ike (and to an extent, Isabelle) is, it's normal for me to drop out Ad Nauseam. The point-gain has been somewhat generous for me.

Lol. He wasn't good.

Still felt good.
Not the player himself, but rather the character xD

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think it's about time to make Zelda my official secondary. I was a bit reluctant since Pokemon Trainer is already three characters in one, but I think my Zelda is starting to get to the point where I'm comfortable with her and confident in her ability to anti-zone.

I only did that displaced phantom tech correctly once today but it proved it's value to me, so I guess I'll be hitting the training room to master it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom