• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Here's a good one.

A Playstation character should get in Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Even though that is very unlikely to happen.
Kat from Gravity Rush would be... uplifting.
Is there any character that if revealed would literally make you guys jump with excitement? Like, get you guys REALLY excited?

Most of the time when I see a character reveal I'm either: "hey, that guy looks cool, I'll give him a try" or "uh, ok then", but I've never got to the point of going "OH MY GOD! HE'S IN! YES! THANK YOU SAKURAI!". The only characters I could see myself reacting this way are Sora, Geno or Neku. I'm a huge KH fan, with it being my favorite SE franchise, SMRPG was my first RPG ever, and TWEWY is my favorite DS title to this day. If any of these characters ever got in, I would make sure to go online and post everywhere about how excited I would be.
If Elma, Shantae, Sora, and/or Rayman made it in that'll be me. Heck that was already me when Joker was announced, I couldn't stop trembling with excitement for days. But on the number one character that'd get me extremely excited is Amaterasu. If she's revealed, I'm gonna be so stunned, and breathless that I may need, a defibrillator on stand by, or CPR, which ever revives me faster.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How did you get to 9.9 with Incineroar?

TELL ME
fundamentals my friend.

with solid enough fundamentals, you can get every character to a point of at least decency. From there, practice will get you the rest of the way.

Also, abuse the CRAP out of revenge + clothesline.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
fundamentals my friend.

with solid enough fundamentals, you can get every character to a point of at least decency. From there, practice will get you the rest of the way.

Also, abuse the CRAP out of revenge + lariat.
There's also the tickets if you want to cheese it a bit. lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I only felt the need to do 9.9 with Chrom for now. May go back to do some others later.

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
My friend just brought up this thought in our group chat and now I’m curious. How much alike is everyone and their mains on a scale of ‘exactly the same’ to ‘polar opposite’?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My friend just brought up this thought in our group chat and now I’m curious. How much alike is everyone and their mains on a scale of ‘exactly the same’ to ‘polar opposite’?
I wish I was cool as Ike.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I rarely speak aloud and Red only capable of saying "..." in his source material, so we're practically the same guy.

Then again he's way more talkative in Smash even if everyone wishes he wasn't.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
How did you get to 9.9 with Incineroar?

TELL ME
I honestly can't remember. I got it my first time through, but when I was grinding his classic to see if 2 million points was possible, I kept dying. I'll try my best to give you strategies though.

Round 1: King Kooper: This is the first round, so it shouldn't be that bad. Try and take Bowser quickly by throwing him toward the side and then killing with Side-B

Round 2: Grenando: Same as first round. Land 3 Side-B's and edge him toward the right and he's dead.

Round 3: Kooperlings: You get an ally, so that helps with this round a little bit. Just focus on racking up damage, try not to go offstage (Incineroar's worst spot), and you should be fine

Round 4: Royal Lizard Chungus: This is where the route starts to become difficult. K. Rool is the easiest of the next 3 rounds. Try and space him out with aerials and grab him (command or regular). Down Throw combos into Fair if the opponent is below 30 in most situations, and Side-B can be effective at racking up damage if you don't spam it like a madman. Finish him off with Side-B or Side Smash.

Round 5: The Gorilla that refers to himself as an ***: DK is quite ruthless. He's the one that gives me the most trouble usually. This madman (mad-ape?) seizes every opportunity to attack and combo you. Just play careful around him and space him out with aerials. Then, once DK is at a high enough %, go for the kill move (most preferably the Side-B or the strong hit of Lariat, Side-B for beating shield and Lariat for coming out fast.) I also reccomend getting revenge of of DK's Up-B when he tries to recover.

Round 6: Big the Cat: Suprisingly a bit easier than DK, probably because he can be gimped easier. Strategies outline above still apply here.

Bonus: Get those juicy points to add to your score.

Final Round: The Handymen: The hands can be quite difficult sometimes. I mean, I've already fought them over 100 times just from doing other routes, so I've sort of got their patterns down. You have an ally against them (which is a very nice blessing). Whenever you see a hand go for his fist or jet attack, Revenge it. For the drill attack, airdodge away after the hand rises offscreen. If you see Ink Balloon, try not to get hit. You will take much more damage for a short amount of time. For the shadow puppet attack, mash airdodge after the second hit.

If you get knocked offstage, always Side-B toward edge when you get out of hitstun. Try and use airdodge to recover if you have to.

The hands are a pain in the neck to fight against, especially when they appear in more than half of the routes. Take time to learn their patterns. If all goes well though and you don't die, congrats! You (probably) got 9.9!

NineS

Smash Lord
Well...
:ultkrool:: Not K. Rool enough.
:ultmarth:: Not attractive enough.
:ultridley:: Haven't committed murder.
:ultkingdedede:: Role model. So good here.
:ultmewtwo:: Man-made monstrosity. I'd say I'm pretty close to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
The only character I got a perfect 9.9 with so far is:ultbowser:
One question.

How

I can never get past Metal Mario without dying. The dude needs to take like 300 damage to die, and I already have 90 or more damage from regular Mario. Then he armors through my attack an kills me with an F or Down Smash. oof man.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Getting 9.9 with Toon Link is Hell in its purest form.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not exactly a big buff heel wrestler, i'm actually quite skinny and nice. However, I am hilarious and lovable, just like 'Roar.

I'm more akin to Litten, where i'm kinda lazy and grumpy.

Yes, I am both nice and grumpy. I don't know how, but I am.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:ultlittlemac: well i'm 5'7 but im no boxer

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
Every single journal entry for the treasures in Pikmin 2 is what I would say

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Kat from Gravity Rush would be... uplifting.

If Elma, Shantae, Sora, and/or Rayman made it in that'll be me. Heck that was already me when Joker was announced, I couldn't stop trembling with excitement for days. But on the number one character that'd get me extremely excited is Amaterasu. If she's revealed, I'm gonna be so stunned, and breathless that I may need, a defibrillator on stand by, or CPR, which ever revives me faster.
Kat would be amazing. I LOVE Gravity Rush and having her in Smash would be fantastic

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
:ultyoshi::ultpacman: Well I can eat a lot and not gain much weight in the process.

Which is actually a problem for me as well.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Everyone mentioning how they're only just now getting 9.9 in Classic Mode.

...I must be better at Smash than I thought...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:ultyounglink:Too old
:ultganondorf:Too weak
:ultmiifighters:Not a cosplayer
:ultchrom:Not a dad

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I believe K. Rool is my only character at 9.9. Otherwise, I think Ike and Yoshi, and Incineroar are at 9.8.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
:ultsheik: So quiet that people forget I'm there, also quite stealthy
:ultcorrinf: Can get very competitive especially in Video Games (referring to Female Corrin's taunts/personality in Smash), also I like being barefoot
:ultroy: I like blades, and I'm quite protective of the people I care about
:ultpalutena: I'm a bit mischievous.
:ultpichu:I'm not a Masochistic... I think.
:ultpit: I' am optimistic, however, I taught myself how to read.

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
Everyone mentioning how they're only just now getting 9.9 in Classic Mode.

...I must be better at Smash than I thought...
I’m not exactly interested in getting 9.9 just yet. I want to get a little bit better before I try a shot at it. 9.9 is the highest and I’d rather be at the top of my game when I try it

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Well, when it comes to :ultridley:...hm, well, I do have my enemies (Not from here) , and honestly, my friends know how resentful I can be depending on who's the person worth of my hatred (People who have offended me or harrassed me). When they get me stressed out to the point of boiling, I am not going to lie, but my mind without reasoning wishes them death (I know, I shouldn't, but again, anger fuels it). Of course, when everything cools down and I brush them off, I just laugh at their misery and later ignore them. People say "Forgive and forget", but no, those people don't deserve that from me. Ever. I have more than once thought about vengeance.

Unlike the canon Rids, I realize my mistakes, and gladly can forgive and get forgiveness from people that did nothing like those who I truly hate have done (Blame pride).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've gotten 9.9 a decent number of times.

Dr. Mario, Luigi, Mario, Roy, Chrom, Lucina, Snake, Young Link, Shulk, Robin, and Cloud are all 9.9 for me.

Right now, I'm working on Lucas and Wario's 9.9s.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I managed 9.9 with Link and Zelda...but only by getting to 9.9 before Ganon. That boss fight is tough.

I think my highest otherwise is the Dorf or Pokémon Trainer with around 9.4.

Well, Link's betrayed me and decided to go righty, so we're less similar than we were before...

Otherwise, dunno. Probably not too much, but I've definitely done Link a few times for Halloween. I guess it fits better than some other characters. Definitely he fits the best out of my mains - I don't know if I'd be able to pull off Zelda or Squirtle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom