• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I got one:

What characters do you support not because you personally want them but so their fans can be happy?
Tbh. I'm felling very bad for the Waluigi fans. They're getting flack for only a couple of people doing terrible stuff, when the rest of the fanbase is pretty tame, and just passionate about their support for their favorite skinny purple boi

I'm really hoping Waluigi gets to see the wah, one day, mostly for his fans

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
I got one:

What characters do you support not because you personally want them but so their fans can be happy?
I’d support Sora and/or Neku. It’d help widen horizons with the roster even more. I’m not expecting them to add Kratos or anything, but having another from the Square side would really be cool

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbh. I'm felling very bad for the Waluigi fans. They're getting flack for only a couple of people doing terrible stuff, when the rest of the fanbase is pretty tame, and just passionate about their support for their favorite skinny purple boi

Waluigi's gonna be in the next game, calling it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I got one:

Isaac.

I still think it ain't fair me and the K. Rool fans got our boi and yet they didn't get their golden boi who has been asking him for just as long. Only time I've felt Sakurai screwed the pooch honestly.

It especially didn't help that he was revealed at the last minute despite all "evidence" being shown that he was seemingly a lock for the game. Should had revealed him as an assist earlier if that was the case saving them all the pain.

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice

Yeah! I mean, I can totally see him being playable. Wario needs his partner in crime as well, so I don’t see why not

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I got one:

I personally am not really a fan of Dragon Quest this much, with the only DQ character I ever care about being Slime. But ever since I've starting visiting the Square Enix thread, I've seem how many people would love Erdrick to be in, and because of how much I started to like these people, I'd like it if Erdrick got in. Not because of me, but because that would make them happy, and as a depressive person, I like seeing others happy. That lightens my day.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Yo, Blaze looks ****ing amazing. SA2 did alts, the Rivals games did alts, every game should do alts.

They should bring back Gothic Amy.

I wouldn't ever use her normal outfit ever again.

Do some fan service, bring in Sonic’s favourite outfit.

The "no other outfits on sonic characters rule" in the comics is a stupid rule and im not sure if its just a comic rule or even more. Like its clear there okay based off whats been shown. I just want a mainline 3D game to go all out with something like that.

There's clearly alot material they can take from
Amy_with_long_dress_and_Sonic_with_leopard_clothes.png

(girl on left is amy)

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The scariest thing about Waluigi is that he needs to be in the next game or there’s going to be serious backlash.

It’ll be a lose-lose for everyone (cept his haters) if he’s an AT again or he’s not in all, Nintendo would be dealing with an uproar and fans will be gravely disappointed.

Plus, social media has already made a big deal about it by accusing the fan base of harassing Sakurai for the actions of two kids.

Sakurai, Reggie and practically everyone in Nintendo knows about his demand, with him being the new Ridley of being memed to death, it’ll be outright crazy if he gets left out again.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Yo, Blaze looks ****ing amazing. SA2 did alts, the Rivals games did alts, every game should do alts.

They should bring back Gothic Amy.

I wouldn't ever use her normal outfit ever again.

Do some fan service, bring in Sonic’s favourite outfit.

Gothic Amy looks pretty cool imo

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I don't even think "he's a spinoff only character" is a good argument. Dr. Mario is one, and Wario himself is known more from spinoffs than for actually being a boss Mario has to fight or his own series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well well well, the German Mario comics didn't disappoint...

Truck driver Yoshi when? :yoshi:
My favourite is when Mario, T. T. from Diddy Kong Racing and Bomberman team up to stop a a purple Cthulhu who disguises himself as a folk singer and turns people into food.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I got one:

Well, :ultridley::ultkrool:, but the Smashboards threads since 4 did make me want them too.

I guess the biggest for me would be the WAAA. It does feel weird that Daisy's in (also deserved) and not him, when they're basically the Mario Party game spin off king and queen.

:ultsnake: was also in that boat before Ultimate as well. I couldn't have cared less in Brawl, but I was really happy for his fans that he came back after the **** sandwich that was Konami.

Oh, and Springman too. He was cool, and ARMS should have gotten more than an assist.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Waluigi's gonna be in the next game, calling it.
That's because Sakurai may not be in the directing picture at all and the new director thinks more than "nah he just aint fit for the game".

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I got one:

It would be Bandana Dee. In the past, Daisy would be part of that as well. I was happy when I saw Daisy in the E3 presentation, and I was ready to move on with my business until the Ridley reveal happened. The whole B.Dee Spirit has me disapponted. Oh, and the Skullkid Assist deal too.

D

Deleted member

Just had a phenomenal battle with a fellow ‘Dorf.
Final stock: I D-aired, he up-smashed. .
We traded hits, there was the finish zoom, and we both shot up. Who would win? Miraculously, he entered the blast zone just before I did.
My Ganondorf proceeded to laugh at him in his victory pose.

kylexv

Smash Master
I have now officially beaten Classic on 9.0 or higher with every character. Some were easy, some took many tries. Breakdown of what difficulty I ended on for each character:
9.9: :ultlink::ultkirby::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultlucina::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcorrinf::ultincineroar:
9.8: :ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultsheik::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultike::ultwiifittrainer::ultpalutena::ultcloud::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:
9.7::ultdk::ultpikachu::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultrichter:
9.6: :ultmewtwo::ultolimar:
9.5: :ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultroy::ultlucas:
9.4: :ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultken::ultbayonetta:
9.3: :ultsamus::ultness::ultmetaknight::ultrobin:
9.2: :ultfox::ultganondorf::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultinkling:
9.1: :ultdarksamus::ultdoc::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultsimon:
9.0: :ultmario::ultwolf:
There's some routes that I feel are next to impossible for certain characters (I'm looking at you, Bowser), so I'm not exactly trying to get 9.9 with everyone. Regardless, still proud of achieving this.

Last edited:

MetaGiga

Smash Apprentice
We traded hits, there was the finish zoom, and we both shot up. Who would win? Miraculously, he entered the blast zone just before I did.
You asserted your dominance amongst the pack

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
That sounds epic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have now officially beaten Classic on 9.0 or higher with every character. Some were easy, some took many tries. Breakdown of what difficulty I ended on for each character:
9.9: :ultlink::ultkirby::ultjigglypuff::ulticeclimbers::ultlucina::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcorrinf::ultincineroar:
9.8: :ultyoshi::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultsheik::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultchrom::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultike::ultwiifittrainer::ultpalutena::ultcloud::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:
9.7::ultdk::ultpikachu::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultrichter:
9.6: :ultmewtwo::ultolimar:
9.5: :ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultroy::ultlucas:
9.4: :ultpichu::ultgreninja::ultken::ultbayonetta:
9.3: :ultsamus::ultness::ultmetaknight::ultrobin:
9.2: :ultfox::ultganondorf::ultpokemontrainer::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultlittlemac::ultshulk::ultinkling:
9.1: :ultdarksamus::ultdoc::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultsimon:
9.0: :ultmario::ultwolf:
There's some routes that I feel are next to impossible for certain characters (I'm looking at you, Bowser), so I'm not exactly trying to get 9.9 with everyone. Regardless, still proud of achieving this.
How did you get to 9.9 with Incineroar?

TELL ME

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
That's because Sakurai may not be in the directing picture at all and the new director thinks more than "nah he just aint fit for the game".
Yeah gonna be brutally honest here.
I think it’s time for Sakurai to throw in the towel and get his well deserved vacation.

Ultimate is pretty much the perfect sendoff for him and everything he’s done for the series, it kinda represents his vision of the series’s history and how hard he and his team worked to make an amazing game the way he wanted to, which was probably why he added :ultpiranha: to test his creativity of making his own personal character choice.

And at the risk of sounding petty....I really just want someone else to give Smash a shot and try a different vision on picking characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom