• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh snap, I just realized Kingdom Hears 3 will officially release today.
It's been out for several hours already in Japan.

I would have gotten it straght away for its worldwide release. Except I fly out for a holiday to Japan on that day. Gotta avoid spoilers for a few more weeks.

D

Deleted member

You go to the "signature" tab and there, you insert the URL of the gif you want. Of course, it has to come from somewhere like Giphy or Imgur to name a few examples (Just like when someone inserts images here with the Insert Image option).

That's all I can say...really. I am not good at explaining.
Download the gif, post it on imgur, copy the image address, paste it into your sig.
Thank you!

D

Deleted member

I imagine KH fans are avoiding spoilers like the plauge right now lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a question. If I were to shrink my avatar down to one Yoshi, which would it be?

My mind is on top-right Yoshi eating the Shy Guy, and botton-left sociopath Blue Yoshi
The Yoshi who's 100% done with this ****.

Is that the sociopath? he just looks over it to me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how would y'all react if the Square Enix rep turned out to be Lightning?

I'd imagine chaos. Lots of lots of chaos and backlash...:laugh:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Damn it.
Eh, thanks anyway. :)
I use Smashboards as my image host.

By that I mean I uploaded an image here and then inserted it into my sig through the url like I would normally insert into a post.

D

Deleted member

I use Smashboards as my image host.

By that I mean I uploaded an image here and then inserted it into my sig through the url like I would normally insert into a post.
The problem is, an error occurs each time I try to post an image. .

D

Deleted member

You know what the best part about tomorrow will be?

Not only will it be a Friday, but it will also most likely be the last Mother 3 livestream Vinny Vinesauce will do, considering how much he can do in one stream. He also said that it probably will be a really long stream for it, too.

He got done with the lore dump, so here's what's left...

• Getting out of the sewer.
  • Miracle Fassad boss battle.
  • POTENTIALLY Porky Statue boss battle.
  • Entering the Empire Pork Building.
  • Meeting DCMC again and one more final performance from them.
  • Getting through all the rooms.
  • "Meeting" the Seventh Magypsie.
  • Playing through all of the "Games" with Mecha-Porky.
  • Natural Killer Cyborg boss battle.
  • EarthBound tribute.
  • Meeting Porky and Porky Porkies battle.
  • Entering last area.
  • Porky boss battle.
  • Masked Man final boss battle.
  • Ending.

Can't wait for the long haul. Gonna be some of the most fun, yet most definitely emotional moments in a livestream.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Is there any character that if revealed would literally make you guys jump with excitement? Like, get you guys REALLY excited?

Most of the time when I see a character reveal I'm either: "hey, that guy looks cool, I'll give him a try" or "uh, ok then", but I've never got to the point of going "OH MY GOD! HE'S IN! YES! THANK YOU SAKURAI!". The only characters I could see myself reacting this way are Sora, Geno or Neku. I'm a huge KH fan, with it being my favorite SE franchise, SMRPG was my first RPG ever, and TWEWY is my favorite DS title to this day. If any of these characters ever got in, I would make sure to go online and post everywhere about how excited I would be.
Mega Man is the sole Smash Fighter that got me to maximum hype levels because of how he's such a big part of my childhood. I gave Ike a similar reaction when he returned in Smash 4, but this is in terms of newcomers. Back in Brawl, I was like, "Oh, so he's the Roy replacement? He looks pretty cool!" The "Ike-like" developed naturally on its own. If we ever get another Smash game, I hope Mega Man stays, and I hope Zelda stays cute. I have a feeling Ike will be cut if Sakurai can't manage to bring back the roster meme magic, but if he does, more power to me.

As for current characters I would want that would make me feel tremendous hype, it depends on what you mean. Are we talking characters with realistic chances? Or characters who are possible, but so low on the radar than they're hardly a blip? If it's a character I can see happening, definitely KOS-MOS. I'm keeping my expectations low, but I'd be ecstatic if she's playable. As far as "never-evers" go, that would be Arcueid. She has all of the qualifications, but lacks the popularity to be considered over Artoria if Type-Moon was on Sakurai's mind when deciding the Fighter's Pass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I got my signature to work, but I’m not sure. .
Do I have a signature of a Moonwalking Ganondorf?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I have a very pressing question for everyone. Like super important and super pressing. Your answer may or may not reflect not only the future of the series but possibly the entire site. It’s so important that im taking the time to stress to you how important it is! Drop everything you’re doing and heed to my query.....

....if each Smash character had a Mortal Kombat fatality, what would they be? Please be as descriptively gory as you can be. Within the confines of the site rules and crap Meat chunks and everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I have a very pressing question for everyone. Like super important and super pressing. Your answer may or may not reflect not only the future of the series but possibly the entire site. It’s so important that im taking the time to stress to you how important it is! Drop everything you’re doing and heed to my query.....

....if each Smash character had a Mortal Kombat fatality, what would they be? Please be as descriptively gory as you can be. Meat chunks and everything.
We get an X-ray view of Wario digesting his victims, as his opponsents slowly dissolve in his stomach, and become a blood-soaked, screaming mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Is there any character that if revealed would literally make you guys jump with excitement? Like, get you guys REALLY excited?

Most of the time when I see a character reveal I'm either: "hey, that guy looks cool, I'll give him a try" or "uh, ok then", but I've never got to the point of going "OH MY GOD! HE'S IN! YES! THANK YOU SAKURAI!". The only characters I could see myself reacting this way are Sora, Geno or Neku. I'm a huge KH fan, with it being my favorite SE franchise, SMRPG was my first RPG ever, and TWEWY is my favorite DS title to this day. If any of these characters ever got in, I would make sure to go online and post everywhere about how excited I would be.
For me they would be 2B, Lora and Rokusho and maybe Grovyle.

The hypest reveals in the past for me were Sonic, Greninja and Bowser jr. (When I saw the other koopalings I lost it), as well as the return of Mewtwo

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

....if each Smash character had a Mortal Kombat fatality, what would they be? Please be as descriptively gory as you can be. Within the confines of the site rules and crap Meat chunks and everything.
Yoshi's would probably be similar to Riptor's 3rd No Mercy in the first Killer Instinct...

Which is eating his opponent whole :yoshi:

But with Mortal Kombat's aesthetic, Yoshi could chew as they're going down his stomach.... let's just say it'll get messy...

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Ivysaur would rip his enemies limb for limb with his vines before throwing the bleeding torso up above him and riddling it with bullet(seed)s

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Well, Ridley's could probably his down B, followed by that one victory where he claws at the ground, except it would be incredibly graphic, with blood splatters and everything.

Isabelle's could be to build a statue/building, and then drop it onto the opponent, crushing them like a hydraulic press.

Olimar's could be hundreds of Pikmin inflicting blunt force trauma on the opponent, then carrying their dead body back to the onion

Piranha Plant could strangle and eat them. Kinda like a snake.

Speaking of Snake... I guess he could cover their body with tons of explosives and blow them all up at once, and then it would rain.

Joker could rip their face off like he rips the mask off of shadows, except it's their actual face.

D

Deleted member

**** YES THIS IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY I image Ridley's would be similar to one of D'vorah's from X, have him skewer his opponent's heart and brain with his tail, shove his hands into the gaping hole in their chest, and rip them in half vertically, ending off with him grabbing the heart and brain off his tail and chowing down.
You know what **** it just put Ridley in MK11, game's coming to the Switch and he's the only sufficiently brutal Nintendo character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

Reimu. I swear, if she gets in, my hype levels WOULD GO... EVEN FURTHER BEYOND! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Realistic Possibility: Phoenix Wright

Incredibly Unlikely, but still possible: Chandelure

Never ever: Koishi or Rean. Or a Danganronpa character.

Aside from them, I can't really think of anyone else.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People underestimate the Asian-exclusive market.

MapleStory and Touhou both make their fair share of big bank. I believe Nexon has one of the highest grossing platforms ever solely because of the MS games. Talk about Blizzard all you want, WoW ain't got nothing on that ****.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Huh, that's a tough one... Are we given full artistic licenses here? If so...
:ultzelda: - Fires her light arrow directly through the victim's sternum, creating a gap in their chest with burning flesh. The arrow phases out of reality with the Triforce of Wisdom taking its place. It then emulates the effect of a black hole, which brutally absorbs the victim into a triangular mess of viscera, until the victim ceases to exist.

:ultike: - Grabs the victim and busts their left tibia wide open with a violent kick, exposed bones and all, then caves their skull in with a powerful head bash. Afterward, he tosses them high in the air and performs Aether, having Ragnell act as a spinning buzzsaw of death as they're being sliced in half. Ike catches Ragnell in the air to cut them up into more chunks until only their disfigured head stays afloat, and cleaves it in half on the way down.

:ultmegaman: - Chucks several Metal Blades at the victim like a bunch of shuriken, embedding the weapons into their body. He aims the Black Hole Bomb above them, then follows it up with a slide kick to pick them off into the air while shooting at the blades with his pellets. The Metal Blades that are still stuck on them slowly tear through their flesh as the hole absorbs them through the victim. As the hole slowly tears their body apart, Mega Man charges his Mega Buster and fires at them, causing them to explode into bloody chunks (which in turn are absorbed into the Black Hole Bomb).

Disclaimer: I'd actually hate to see my Mains resort to gruesome violence.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Huh, that's a tough one... Are we given full artistic licenses here? If so...
:ultzelda: - Fires her light arrow directly through the victim's sternum, creating a gap in their chest with burning flesh. The arrow phases out of reality with the Triforce of Wisdom taking its place. It then emulates the effect of a black hole, which brutally absorbs the victim into a triangular mess of viscera, until the victim ceases to exist.

:ultike: - Grabs the victim and busts their left tibia wide open with a violent kick, exposed bones and all, then caves their skull in with a powerful head bash. Afterward, he tosses them high in the air and performs Aether, having Ragnell act as a spinning buzzsaw of death as they're being sliced in half. Ike catches Ragnell in the air to cut them up into more chunks until only their disfigured head stays afloat, and cleaves it in half on the way down.

:ultmegaman: - Chucks several Metal Blades at the victim like a bunch of shuriken, embedding the weapons into their body. He aims the Black Hole Bomb above them, then follows it up with a slide kick to pick them off into the air while shooting at the blades with his pellets. The Metal Blades that are still stuck on them slowly tear through their flesh as the hole absorbs them through the victim. As the hole slowly tears their body apart, Mega Man charges his Mega Buster and fires at them, causing them to explode into bloody chunks (which in turn are absorbed into the Black Hole Bomb).

Disclaimer: I'd actually hate to see my Mains resort to gruesome violence.
dude i dont speak :ultdoc: the **** is a sternum

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Have y'all seen that image of a flyer that's announcing an 'X treme Super Smash Bros Ultimate' tourney with 'Competitive Gentlemen's Rules' such as:
  • NO TAUNTING because it is rude and can make opponents feel bad
  • NO SPIKING OR GIMPING. If a player falls off the stage, you must wait for them to recover before you continue fighting. Following them off the stage to attack or scare them away is not allowed.
  • NO BAYONETTA because she is too good.
  • NO CHROM because he is so hard to unlock that so many players might not be used to playing as/against him.
  • NO COUNTER ATTACKS because they are unfun and unfair.
  • Only 15 smash attacks a game.
  • NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES (this includes YOU Kyle).
because it's damn hilarious

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

So I've had some time to think...
:ultsquirtle:
I Imagine him getting in his shell and ramming the opponent in Several places, getting An X-ray zoom-in of every hit Breaking Several Bones. Then he'd proceed to spin around on top of the body, blood mixed with water flying everywhere. You now get a close-up of the victims face as he slowly drowns in the array of water coming from the spinning Shell and as he struggles to breathe, the Shell crashes into the skull giving a last x-ray of the skull shattering after which you see bits of brain falling out.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Have y'all seen that image of a flyer that's announcing an 'X treme Super Smash Bros Ultimate' tourney with 'Competitive Gentlemen's Rules' such as:
  • NO TAUNTING because it is rude and can make opponents feel bad
  • NO SPIKING OR GIMPING. If a player falls off the stage, you must wait for them to recover before you continue fighting. Following them off the stage to attack or scare them away is not allowed.
  • NO BAYONETTA because she is too good.
  • NO CHROM because he is so hard to unlock that so many players might not be used to playing as/against him.
  • NO COUNTER ATTACKS because they are unfun and unfair.
  • Only 15 smash attacks a game.
  • NO COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES (this includes YOU Kyle).
because it's damn hilarious
TBH, I could believe this if not for the Chrom point. Everything else is unfortunately believable.

That's where my suspension of disbelief breaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom