• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's a fun topic.

What's one fictional work that you've seen that failed to teach its moral lesson? I mean that the work was written so bad that the lesson was lost or that the work somehow justified the opposite.
Infinity War teaches you genocide is okay
Maybe that one Family Guy episode about domestic abuse. I haven't actually seen the whole thing because Family Guy is ****, but from what I have seen it is handled so incredibly horribly.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's a fun topic.

What's one fictional work that you've seen that failed to teach its moral lesson? I mean that the work was written so bad that the lesson was lost or that the work somehow justified the opposite.
Emoji Movie, just Emoji Movie

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's a fun topic.

Fire Emblem: Fates

"Blood doesn't matter, the people you grew up with are family all the same." "*Corrin and Elise have achieved S-support*"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Hello everyone! I'm back again! And doubt anyone cares at all!

A thought just occurred to me!

If you all want The Joker! Steve (From Minecraft)! And some dude named Fedrick in the game so badly!

Why not just make Mii Fighter's out of them!

It would take even less effort to get them in the game!

And you don't need to waste time asking the developers to waste roster spots on them (Still not looking forward to the Joker becoming a fighter BTW)!
Oh, great, he is back. What now? Things are gonna get real ugly, huh?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fire Emblem: Fates

"Blood doesn't matter, the people you grew up with are family all the same." "*Corrin and Elise have achieved S-support*"
I'd actually argue that Conquest at least goes with the blood vs bond theme.

I think Birthright screws that up ten times more.

D

Deleted member

I GOT ALL OF THE SPIRITS!

I 100%'d WoL in Hard Mode, Did all of the challenges, and got all of the spirits. 1303 / 1303.
( Did the Duck Hunt one in Hard Mode too. )
THANOS SMASH ULTIMATE.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

If you all want The Joker! Steve (From Minecraft)! And some dude named Fedrick in the game so badly!

And you don't need to waste time asking the developers to waste roster spots on them (Still not looking forward to the Joker becoming a fighter BTW)!
YES HE'S BACK I MISSED HIM SO MUCH

D

Deleted member

yes but joker is hot.
why so you hate attractive people

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Infinity War teaches you genocide is okay
Maybe that one Family Guy episode about domestic abuse. I haven't actually seen the whole thing because Family Guy is ****, but from what I have seen it is handled so incredibly horribly.
Cue r/thanosdidnothingwrong

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

We can say the same thing about your most wanted characters, ya know?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

The same could be said of Issac or Geno. It would be an even easier argument, as they have/had mii costumes to make the mii more accurate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh my God there is so much to unpack here.

EDIT: And I couldn't resist the urge. I need to unpack it.

You can't base your opinions entirely on what you "heard" or expect other people to agree with such a vague form of evidence.

"Might" is placed in the middle here to still leave some room for doubt when it is very clearly and undeniably not the person you're accusing.

This is because the site you found was likely written with that in mind. They wanted to mislead you into believing that Brie Larson specifically said this while quoting a Brie Larson fan and letting you connect the dots. I'd like to see the site you found specifically so I can confirm or deny this, actually.

But how do you know that? You're speaking in absolutes when you didn't even look at the username of the one source you found. You're basing what you know on something you just one sentence before admitted to needing to check for its existence.

I'm not intending to be antagonistic, but this sort of hearsay "knowledge" is what leads to so much strife between people. Don't be misled. Think for yourself. If you hear something outlandish and unbelievable that's because it probably is and you should double check with literally any other source outside of your immediate bubble.

And also **** social media for spreading this **** like wildfire.
Uhh. Did my post bother you?
I know everything you're talking about, and I found it surprising that i got it wrong here.
Everyone makes mistakes. In this case it's because a friend of mine follows this stuff and told me that. He's never told me something wrong before. In this case, I'm glad that he's wrong because I want to go see the movie.

It's hard to look into everything all the time. I dont like assumptions, but it's normal. Even news online are sometimes fake news, so we can't trust everything,
Just gotta do better when we notice it, basically.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My mind right now after finishing KH3's secret boss and now being done with it (until Final Mix DLC comes out). (Also, LOUD WARNING on that link)

Say what you will about the game, but it will always be a good spot to find some ingredients.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Here's a fun topic.

Chrono Cross, Jesus Christ Chrono Cross.

The game's story is suppose to highlight the bad humans can do and such and how they treat others and the environment.

And yet humans barely did anything like this at all in the game. The dwarves did much more terrible things in general to the fairies and their home and the marsh. They killed so many people and did more damage to the environment and yet they blame humans for it, even the fairies blame humans too despite not being at fault here. The humans are also supposedly terrible to the demi-humans and yet we don't see any human characters doing anything terrible to them and the only interacting we see is them being respectful with the humans being neutral at best. The closest would be Home World Fargo supposedly keeping the Demi Human residents who had to flee their home to Fargo's ship as slaves, and even then he's just very hung up about his wife's(a demi human) death.

D

Deleted member

I did all of the challenges, 100%'d WoL and got all of the spirits.

Smash gave like nothing back. *Shrugs*

I am still happy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A video raising awareness about the gender pay gap.

They argue that because women get paid 78% of what a man makes, hiring women would be an easy way for company to save labor cost.
Ah I see.

Ya know, almost everyone I talk to doesn't understand the wage gap.

Yes, it exists, but it doesn't mean that a woman in the same position will make 78% less then men. That's been illegal for decades.

What most people don't know is that the wage gap percentage doesn't take different jobs and positions into account.

So, what does that mean? It means that jobs that are mostly dominated by women (like child care) make less money then jobs that are typically dominated by men (say, engineering).

This is actually a completely different societal problem then what most people believe.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Chrono Cross, Jesus Christ Chrono Cross.

The game's story is suppose to highlight the bad humans can do and such and how they treat others and the environment.

And yet humans barely did anything like this at all in the game. The dwarves did much more terrible things in general to the fairies and their home and the marsh. They killed so many people and did more damage to the environment and yet they blame humans for it, even the fairies blame humans too despite not being at fault here. The humans are also supposedly terrible to the demi-humans and yet we don't see any human characters doing anything terrible to them and the only interacting we see is them being respectful with the humans being neutral at best. The closest would be Home World Fargo supposedly keeping the Demi Human residents who had to flee their home to Fargo's ship as slaves, and even then he's just very hung up about his wife's(a demi human) death.
That's not what i got out of the game. I saw that as just a side point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom