• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
no, she did not say this.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

doesnt mean the movie is like she thinks it is tho.

Edit: i'll have to look at more detail to see who said what, but it's not cool to see stuff like that in any case.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm more bothered by the fact that her twitter is apparently "Captain Mabel"

IT IRKS ME

EDIT:

Oh that explains it

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Same reason people bashed the Ghostbusters 2016 movie.

Yet I saw very few complaints about Wonder Woman and I enjoyed it very much.
With Ghostbusters though, it seemed like the backlash was more due to it being a ****ty reboot that no one asked for. But yea, for Wonder Woman, I never saw anyone whine about it. In fact, quite the opposite happened.

She literally did.

Who is this "Captain Mabel" and what does this quote have to do with Brie Larson?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

because there's a goddamn woman in my ****ing movie, making it unsafe for gamers to watch
I looked at a girl at class once and I got horrible burns all over my face in a reaction to what I was seeing.

That's the day I knew I was truly a gamer.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
She literally did.

You do know that's not Brie Larson's account, right.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
my mistake, but why are you offended by her saying that white dudes that are offended at a woman being a star of a superhero film shouldn't attend it?
Like she clearly isn't talking about every Caucasian that identifies as male

You do know that's not Brie Larson's account, right.
I heard she said things like that, but youre right that might be another account. I thought the site i found was about her tweet.
I'll check to see what she said herself. I know i heard she said some harsh stuff.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ahahahaha, "take a dump near your local governmental building."

Political protest nowadays is on a whole nother level.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I still don't understand why so many people are already bashing Captain Marvel. It looks like every other Marvel movie and will probably be decent regardless, so I am confused as to why there's so much negative conversation surrounding this one in particular. It's just so odd to me...
It's mainly b/c of the controversy surronding Brie Larson. Not so much the fact it's a female superhero lead role (considering Wonder Woman did well both financially and critically last year).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But yea, for Wonder Woman, I never saw anyone whine about it. In fact, quite the opposite happened.
I heard some similar things for Wonder Women... but they were grossly overplayed.

"They constantly insult men" was pretty much just a **** joke.

One that I had to lol at.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I heard she said things like that, but youre right that might be another account. I thought the site i found was about her tweet.
I'll check to see what she said herself. I know i heard she said some harsh stuff.
Oh my God there is so much to unpack here.

EDIT: And I couldn't resist the urge. I need to unpack it.

I heard she said things like that,
You can't base your opinions entirely on what you "heard" or expect other people to agree with such a vague form of evidence.

but youre right that might be another account.
"Might" is placed in the middle here to still leave some room for doubt when it is very clearly and undeniably not the person you're accusing.

I thought the site i found was about her tweet.
This is because the site you found was likely written with that in mind. They wanted to mislead you into believing that Brie Larson specifically said this while quoting a Brie Larson fan and letting you connect the dots. I'd like to see the site you found specifically so I can confirm or deny this, actually.

But how do you know that? You're speaking in absolutes when you didn't even look at the username of the one source you found. You're basing what you know on something you just one sentence before admitted to needing to check for its existence.

I'm not intending to be antagonistic, but this sort of hearsay "knowledge" is what leads to so much strife between people. Don't be misled. Think for yourself. If you hear something outlandish and unbelievable that's because it probably is and you should double check with literally any other source outside of your immediate bubble.

And also **** social media for spreading this **** like wildfire.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'll check to see what she said herself. I know i heard she said some harsh stuff herself.
She said that she is sick of white men's opinions being so prevalent when it comes to media and that other people with different viewpoints should be listened to just as much

Brie Larson is in fact, NOT oppressing white people

D

Deleted member

All she said is that she wanted greater diversity in Hollywood and the media (paraphrasing, probably not exactly what she said)
I fail to see how that's harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Edit: i'll have to look at more detail to see who said what, but it's not cool to see stuff like that in any case.
Wait, I feel like I might regret asking, but does she mean white men who ARE haters or people WHO HATE white men? I’ll agree she didn’t handle it in the best way but I feel like some clarification is in order.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, I feel like I might regret asking, but does she mean white men who ARE haters or people WHO HATE white men? I’ll agree she didn’t handle it in the best way but I feel like some clarification is in order.
Keep going man, you'll lol too.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She said that she is sick of white men's opinions being so prevalent when it comes to media and that other people with different viewpoints should be listened to just as much

I mean specifically regarding captain marvel. It's entirely possible i heard incorrect info, in which case i need to talk with a friend i trust who said she did.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tfw you complain about nintendos online sucking when its really your wifi that sucks the ****
True
You know, sometimes I think that. At one point, I am playing a match that goes smoothly, but when the next match comes, a new guy joins and the match ends up friggin' slow.
They don’t want people to have a real gaming experience
Y'all talking about politics in superheroes remember that Stan Lee was an eessjaydoublewooView attachment 196075
Stan Lee...always a legend
Same reason people bashed the Ghostbusters 2016 movie.

Yet I saw very few complaints about Wonder Woman and I enjoyed it very much.
Only complaints I saw were early screenings being women exclusive, making men annoyed that they were being ignored

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
White men that are haters.
Looking at this person's profile makes it clear what zhe thinks of them.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It's mainly b/c of the controversy surronding Brie Larson. Not so much the fact it's a female superhero lead role (considering Wonder Woman did well both financially and critically last year).
I haven't heard about whatever this so-called "controversy" is with Brie Larson, but I'm willing to bet it's probably just some people getting bent outta shape over really petty ****. Brie Larson has always seemed cool in my book.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No matter what goes on, I’m still gonna watch and enjoy Captain Marvel...then Endgame and FFH

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
White men who are haters (of women's rights, etc). But it's a radical feminist, so even if she says that, she probably lobs in a lot of people.

Also, I'm sorry if brie didn't say anything close to that harsh. I was under the impression she did because of what a good friend of mine said.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean... The Ghostbusters remake was pretty obviously an incompetent cash grab that tried to flip the genders of characters to try and draw a new crowd.

Then it got politicized in ways it probably never wanted to be and some of the people involved got defensive.

AND THEN THEY STARTED ON A QUEEF JOKE!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I FOUND THE TOAD SPIRIT! I CAN EVOLVE HIM INTO CAPTAIN TOAD!

ONE MORE SPIRIT UNTIL I HAVE THEM ALL!

D

Deleted member

first they came for the white people...

and i did not speak up because i wasn't white...

thats it nothing else happened becauss white people opinions are so ragingly prelevant in every part of society that saying a movie isn't just for white people is not a harmful statement to make

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sonic's movie design has possibly leaked:

What else can say other than "Thanks. I hate it!"
Hmmm... this isn't as bad as I thought it would be...

It's even worse!

WHY ARE HIS GLOVES NOW PART OF HIS BODY?!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a fun topic.

What's one fictional work that you've seen that failed to teach its moral lesson? I mean that the work was written so bad that the lesson was lost or that the work somehow justified the opposite.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Here's a fun topic.

What's one fictional work that you've seen that failed to teach its moral lesson? I mean that the work was written so bad that the lesson was lost or that the work somehow justified the opposite.
I remember HuffPost's "Pink Sourcing".

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Hello everyone! I'm back again! And doubt anyone cares at all!

A thought just occurred to me!

If you all want The Joker! Steve (From Minecraft)! And some dude named Fedrick in the game so badly!

Why not just make Mii Fighter's out of them!

It would take even less effort to get them in the game!

And you don't need to waste time asking the developers to waste roster spots on them (Still not looking forward to the Joker becoming a fighter BTW)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom