• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It's not that. I actually really like female heroes in movies and games. It's mostly because the movie was created for the sake of feminism and political protest, and I'd rather not see political content in a superhero movie. The lead actress even said that this movie is "not for white men".
Superheroes are inherently political.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I guess it's another one of those words where you Americans have given it a totally different, wrong meaning compared to over here. :p
That's the thing about us Americans.

We turn everything into ****.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Another arena died, rip

also Pokémon Trainer sucks. All three of them are awkward matchups for Lucina. Squirtle is small and hard to hit with stuff like n-air, Ivysaur has a projectile which usually makes life tricky, and Charizard's fire breath is annoying because it's really good at keeping Lucina off the ledge. "everyone is here" was a mistake
You say that but both times I faced your Lucina you won. I'm supposed to be the one making Johns.

lucina busted f-smash overtuned samurai nerf pls
Y'all are complaining about your top/high-tier characters...

Yet my boy :ultridley: gotta deal w/ all the stuff you guys throw at him while also having the biggest hurtbox in the game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what's probably going to hurt this movie the most.

Detective Pikachu is managing to make like 100 pokemon "real" looking and semi-believable in a live action setting. The Sonic movie is failing at making one.
Yeah, I can't help but feel this movie is gonna get compared to Detective Pikachu in a lot of ways, and that's gonna hurt it a ton. Especially because Detective Pikachu actually looks really good. Some of the Pokemon look a little off (Greninja kinda freaks me out), but most of the designs are pretty great; Pikachu himself looks awesome.

Y'know what I wanna see, though? Jim Carrey as Eggman. I wanna see what he looks like.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Yeah, I can't help but feel this movie is gonna get compared to Detective Pikachu in a lot of ways, and that's gonna hurt it a ton. Especially because Detective Pikachu actually looks really good. Some of the Pokemon look a little off (Greninja kinda freaks me out), but most of the designs are pretty great; Pikachu himself looks awesome.

Y'know what I wanna see, though? Jim Carrey as Eggman. I wanna see what he looks like.
Now that you mention it, I wonder if Jim will actually gain weight or if they will use some kind of CGI on him?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Now that you mention it, I wonder if Jim will actually gain weight or if they will use some kind of CGI on him?
He'd have to get over his various drug addictions to actually gain weight.

So, CGI.

D

Deleted member

If they use CGI, will they try to make him look like an actual egg like Eggman from the games?

...That'd be really weird, now that I think about it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm fairly certain the Sonic movie will probably have a killer soundtrack, but I'm iffy on practically everything else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It always baffles me when people say "keep politics out of my superhero stories" when Captain America's first issue literally had him punching Hitler in the face on the cover. And when that was released, it was a very, very bold political statement.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all are complaining about your top/high-tier characters...

Yet my boy :ultridley: gotta deal w/ all the stuff you guys throw at him while also having the biggest hurtbox in the game.
yeah but you're actually good at the game so shut up

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If they use CGI, will they try to make him look like an actual egg like Eggman from the games?

...That'd be really weird, now that I think about it.
As weird as that may be, that is what I meant by CGI.

He'd have to get over his various drug addictions to actually gain weight.

So, CGI.
Wait, Jim Carrey has drug addictions?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
is wonder woman being tied up in almost every original issue a portrayal of women being bound by society's expectations or was it because the original creator of her had a bondage fetish
A fetish... for the political.

D

Deleted member

Y'all talking about politics in superheroes remember that Stan Lee was an eessjaydoublewoo
c6b70d4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm fairly certain the Sonic movie will probably have a killer soundtrack, but I'm iffy on practically everything else.
I used to think Sonic soundtracks were the one thing you could always count on being good in the franchise, but then I heard Forces' and even that part of the game was super meh.

Well, apart from Aqua Road. That song is pretty great.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
It always baffles me when people say "keep politics out of my superhero stories" when Captain America's first issue literally had him punching Hitler in the face on the cover. And when that was released, it was a very, very bold political statement.
I still don't understand why so many people are already bashing Captain Marvel. It looks like every other Marvel movie and will probably be decent regardless, so I am confused as to why there's so much negative conversation surrounding this one in particular. It's just so odd to me...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If there’s talk of politics and comics/animation, I admit to owning some of those Private Snafu shorts on DVD.

That is all I’m saying on the matter.

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand why so many people are already bashing Captain Marvel. It looks like every other Marvel movie and will probably be decent regardless, so I am confused as to why there's so much negative conversation surrounding this one in particular. It's just so odd to me...
because there's a goddamn woman in my ****ing movie, making it unsafe for gamers to watch

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So far these were the closest I found to his original gloves:

Why not have him wear something like this?

Least it’d be accurate to the games in that aspect.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Same reason people bashed the Ghostbusters 2016 movie.

Yet I saw very few complaints about Wonder Woman and I enjoyed it very much.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They did the same for Black Panther because neither have a white male as the protagonist.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, instead of saying that superheroes (or fiction in general) shouldn't be political, just address the politics in the work.

People are gonna take your points more seriously if you present issue with the actual point instead of attempting to broadly shun all politics.

It's like some guy I know in real life who said stories with themes are pretentious... All stories with themes....

***** WHAT DO YOU THINK A STORY IS?!?

Like, I get it, in our increasingly politicized world and in our increasingly aggressive politics, this stuff can be exhausting. And a lot of people are assholes about it no matter which way you lean. But its impossible to have a story without politics on some base level.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's mostly because of the actress, saying white men haters shouldn't watch and a lot more stuff.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, Superman fought the KKK. Think that's pretty political.
Plus the MCU itself is no stranger to it.

The first Iron Man movie dealt with the consequences of wartime profiteering.
Captain America: The First Avenger was literally a WWII movie.
Ant-Man touched on how needlessly difficult it is for non-violent criminals to reintegrate into society.
Avengers: Age of Ultron showed the radicalization of youth in war-torn nations.
Black Panther showcased the debate of isolationism vs reaching out to other nations, as well as many other issues.

And that's not even all of them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Black Panther showcased the debate of isolationism vs reaching out to other nations, as well as many other issues.
Next you're gonna say that Black Panther had racial themes...

PFFFFFFFT

Get real Opo.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Don't forget Superman's longtime saying: "I fight for truth, justice and the American way."

Or the fact that they made an elseworlds story about if Superman landed in the USSR instead and how different the world would be if he were a Commie.

Or how they turned Supes into a tyrannical dictator in Injustice, symbolizing a lack of checked powers that leads to that sort of regime.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom