• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
It's not that. I actually really like female heroes in movies and games. It's mostly because the movie was created for the sake of feminism and political protest, and I'd rather not see political content in a superhero movie. The lead actress even said that this movie is "not for white men".
Looks like I am not going to see Captain Marvel myself. They could have done without all that, honestly.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Just a penguin

Smash Master
It's not that. I actually really like female heroes in movies and games. It's mostly because the movie was created for the sake of feminism and political protest, and I'd rather not see political content in a superhero movie. The lead actress even said that this movie is "not for white men".
Sorry, could I have some citation for that last statement? It just seems a bit sketchy. I looked it up, and couldn't find it on any major news outlets.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Way to completely misinterpret and misquote what she said. She was pointing out that there are an oversaturation of white men giving opinions on media, and that the world is much more vast than that. She didn't say "white guys shouldn't watch my movie" because that makes no financial sense

D

Deleted member

Do you know lmms?
I know very little, and it's been a while since I've used it. I think I lost the files I had for it a while back too, unfortunately. Music is something I've been wanting to get into for a while now, but I kind of got sidetracked with digital art and other things. Still want to pick it up someday, though.

One thing I do remember from lmms, though, was that it had a NES sound tool built in. You could try that out and see if you like the way it sounds; I remember it being pretty customizable as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

"I am now properly dressed to hang out with you, my cool friend whom I'm desperately trying to impress."

As written by a bunch of writers who are not high school girls.
Idk man, who knows what the **** is going on in high schools these days. Game could actually be really hip but we would never know. also night.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Way to completely misinterpret and misquote what she said. She was pointing out that there are an oversaturation of white men giving opinions on media, and that the world is much more vast than that. She didn't say "white guys shouldn't watch my movie" because that makes no financial sense
Well, I may have responded to a non accurate post above, but I am still not going to see the movie anyway. Not for political reasons, but due to a lack of interest.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another arena died, rip

also Pokémon Trainer sucks. All three of them are awkward matchups for Lucina. Squirtle is small and hard to hit with stuff like n-air, Ivysaur has a projectile which usually makes life tricky, and Charizard's fire breath is annoying because it's really good at keeping Lucina off the ledge. "everyone is here" was a mistake
You say that but both times I faced your Lucina you won. I'm supposed to be the one making Johns.

lucina busted f-smash overtuned samurai nerf pls

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the movie is safe, but the actors on the other hand are going too far.
We'll see when it gets to it tho. It has to be good enough for avengers coming in later.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Glad y'all had fun with the arenas I set up. We'll have to do it again sometime.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
an admin liked a few of my posts defending trans people so I'm pretty sure it's okay to talk about.
If that’s the case, then I guess there’s nothing to worry about
So whose gonna see Captain Marvel?
Watching it Thursday night...the last movie before the MCU is permanently changed for the future (Infinity War began the final adventure of the og Avengers, and Endgame will finish it off)
Definitely not me. 'll wait for a better superhero movie.
EE1D645A-29B0-417A-9FB4-E8E8165F8870.gif

bad comment

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe he just really needs to poop.

And we're the ones making it weird.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven't watched a whole bunch of superhero movies but I'm pretty sure Iron Man had some political themes in it and that's what got this entire Marvel movie trend going.

Edit: Not to mention the whole Captain America trilogy.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I kinda wish they gave him some white parkour gloves if they didn’t want the Mickey Mouse ones, I think that still would’ve fit him. Though I can’t really say how to improve everything else.
Come to think of it (while this may be unrelated to what you said), he does look too big for a supposedly realistic hedgehog. And the white hands WAS one of the few things that turned me off.

D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow Hinata Hinata
I am really sorry for wasting your time. I forgot to move to myself to the character select, and I was making myself a snack.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah I kinda wish they gave him some white parkour gloves if they didn’t want the Mickey Mouse ones, I think that still would’ve fit him. Though I can’t really say how to improve everything else.
And the fact that his skin-colored belly and snout are just skin-colored fur. The whole thing is fur. It's weird.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Like, why are his gloves just white colored fur. It's really dumb. They also use white fur near his eyes to mimic the whole "one big eyeball" thing that Sonic has, and it doesn't look good either.

His legs are still really, really gross.

This basically sums it all up. I mean, they brought this on themselves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And another arena blew up

I'm done now anyway, it's getting pretty late here. GGs to everyone who took part!
Glad y'all had fun with the arenas I set up. We'll have to do it again sometime.
GGs to everyone who played with me, I had so much fun today. You all are the best, let's do this arena thing again!
( I would like to play around Wednesday again. )

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What's wrong with scat?
I guess it's another one of those words where you Americans have given it a totally different, wrong meaning compared to over here. :p

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, that really weirded me out too. Why not just make it actual skin?
You know what's probably going to hurt this movie the most.

Detective Pikachu is managing to make like 100 pokemon "real" looking and semi-believable in a live action setting. The Sonic movie is failing at making one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom