• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just looked of the Chris-Chan wiki and found images of her in skimpy clothes after his fathers death. How do I erase this from my mind?

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, a lot of transphobic comments come from miscommunication or lack of knowledge. It is important to inform people as to how they should treat someone who is trans
That’s all great, but I’m worried this place will get locked down again due to somebody making the topic a lot more personal...and that’s no good

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
One more thing on the misgendering part and Chris Chan, considering how many people who say she is a he, even though some do label her as a transgender, let me say that there are a lot of disrespectful people out there for doing that.

I guess you could say, "What is wrong with the world today?".

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I said misgendering someone, not “reminding you that you don’t fit into society’s expectations.” Also, even if I was trans, it would still be a simple mistake, right? Now, if they insisted, that’s a whole ‘nother animal.
Misgendering is doing that, to some people who have experienced that life. You're missing my point.

Regardless, I am not transgender and I do not speak for transgender people. Just make sure that the one simple mistake doesn't become a repetitive simple mistake, because it might be a much bigger deal to that person than you believe.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
b u t
y o u
d i d n t
a n s w e r
m y
q u e s t i o n
Because the fact that you misgendered her despite already knowing she identifies as female is far more important than your question.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
One more thing on the misgendering part and Chris Chan, considering how many people who say she is a he, even though some do label her as a transgender, let me say that there are a lot of disrespectful people out there for doing that.

Maybe they're like you and just didn't know.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
no wait **** we're back at chris-chan again

quick, everyone reach into your memes folder and post the first thing you see

View attachment 196059

wait no **** anything but that
I don't have a meme folder, so lemme grab something random. Uh...
2fc960e68301c03b3a8806025e42551b.png

This was the first non-cursed image I found.

D

Deleted member

We’ve talked about slightly more political issues here in the past. This should be fine for at least a few more pages. Now watch as I jinx it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know what, lets just stop talking about CWC, and do talk about other things, like the weather.

It's pretty cold here in Illinois, but it's only gonna get warmer from here

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so uh

Found out that Dragon Prince has a mute character who speaks in ASL and she’s a total badass <3

D

Deleted member

Because the fact that you misgendered her despite already knowing she identifies as female is far more important than your question.
Sorry, when did I misgender her?

Misgendering is doing that, to some people who have experienced that life. You're missing my point.

Regardless, I am not transgender and I do not speak for transgender people. Just make sure that the one simple mistake doesn't become a repetitive simple mistake, because it might be a much bigger deal to that person than you believe.
Ok, I see. Thanks for explaining that.

The original working title of Life is Strange.

That gif gives me life.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

There are a lot of disrespectful people, especially online. It doesnt help that chris-chan is immature too. Everyone deserves respect, it's just harder in some cases. I think that using proper pronouns is just a sign of respect for transgender people in general, having gone through a lot because of intolerance for who they really are. There are some transgender people who aren't as sensitive and it's not as big a deal to them if someone slips up with the words, and it's usually their friends who will be upset.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
There are a lot of disrespectful people, especially online. It doesnt help that chris-chan is immature too. Everyone deserves respect, it's just harder in some cases. I think that using proper pronouns is just a sign of respect for transgender people in general, having gone through a lot because of intolerance for who they really are. There are some transgender people who aren't as sensitive and it's not big deal if someone slips up, and it's usually their friends who will be upset.
I see. Good point. I must admit, even I would give respect to Chris, provided I knew her more.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm watching cpt. Marvel on Friday.

Hoping she pulls out an MvCI combo or two, but that seems doubtful.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only reason I'll be seeing Captain Marvel are two reasons.

Regardless if MCU keeps repeating the same formula I'm a sucker for those films. Guess a guilty pleasure you could say. I'm one of those folks who hasn't been fatigued by superhero films. That and I'm a media and movie buff so I like checking out all forms of fiction.

And to see what she'll bring in Endgame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom